TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tuned exausht

Perimeter

I wanna go 3in on my GT500. i've already got one chamber flowmasters on it. People tell me that i need to get a "tuned" exhaust for my car. Their saying that my Muffler man cannot create a tuned exhaust. I don't wanna pay all this money for an exhaust system. My guy said he could make my 3in exhaust with an offroad X-pipe with 2 High flow Thunderbolt converters (i think that's what their called) for 450 out the door.

My question is...... Can he make a tuned System or should i really bite the bullet and spend the money on what they say is a "Tunes Exhaust".

Edit: wow i feel like an idiot spelling the Exhaust wrong on the title :rant2:

I wanna go 3in on my GT500. i've already got one chamber flowmasters on it. People tell me that i need to get a "tuned" exhaust for my car. Their saying that my Muffler man cannot create a tuned exhaust. I don't wanna pay all this money for an exhaust system. My guy said he could make my 3in exhaust with an offroad X-pipe with 2 High flow Thunderbolt converters (i think that's what their called) for 450 out the door.

My question is...... Can he make a tuned System or should i really bite the bullet and spend the money on what they say is a "Tunes Exhaust".

Edit: wow i feel like an idiot spelling the Exhaust wrong on the title :rant2:

never heard of a :"tuned exhaust" umless it was made up by some manufacturer. Just buy and run what sounds good to you that is what is most important. I have had several exhaust combos on my 08 and never considered any of them specially tuned to my car.

Like Cobra4me said, I'm not sure that I've ever heard of "tuning" an exhaust. There are so many combos you can go with (short and long headers, cats, x and y pipes, axle backs, etc.) that ultimately it's up to you and your likes and dislikes. If your guy is doing all that for $450 that sounds like a helluva deal to me!

Good luck finding the sound you want. :salute:

Archived