TEAM SHELBY FORUM

April will be an emotional roller coaster for us..

Well, I knew someday me and my wife would grow older together and life would have it's ups and downs and everything else in between. The month of April is going to be one of those months for us...............

We had already made our plans for ShelbyFest and starting to get excited about our first big trip with the Shelby. Wife is so excited about going and I am too.

2 weeks ago, our son called to let us know he was getting married on April 3rd to a lovely girl he went thru college with. All excited about this.

My wife and I will celebrate our 30th anniversary on April 26th......she is truley my best friend.

Found out yesterday, son's new wife will be deploying to Iraq on April 22nd, the day we are to leave for ShelbyFest.

Found out last night our son will be deploying to Iraq at the end of April as well.

The wife will probably be a wreck after the month of April, but as I have told her it's just another part of our lives that make for memories and helps to make us stronger. She can't even talk about the "kids" right now without tearing up and it hurts me to know that she is struggling w/ all the mixed emotions right now. I'll be fine....we are proud of both them and the decisions they have made and more importantly, we trust God with their lives.

I know many others have gone thru the same so I guess now it's our time to turn loose and remember who is really in control. thanks, Craig

....we are proud of both them and the decisions they have made and more importantly, we trust God with their lives.

I know many others have gone thru the same so I guess now it's our time to turn loose and remember who is really in control. thanks, Craig

Craig I couldn't have said it better.... wish them luck and let them know we will be praying for them!

Doug

Hello Craig. I won't even suggest that you not worry. Good parents do worry and pray a lot. Our daughter will be returning from Iraq in April. My wife finds the Yahoo instant messaging and FaceBook system her lifeline with our daughter when she is not out on missions.

Our prayers go out to you and your family. My wife and I have keep our connection with the troops by supporting Any Soldier.com. All of our boy's have served ( 4-Army, Navy Air Force and Marines) and are now home. God and Country are very proud of your kids service, thank them for me. :salute:

Craig,

What can we say that hasn't already been conveyed. You must be so proud. Please thank your son and daughter-in-law to be for us and let them know that we truly appreciate what they're doing for us. This is for you and your wife.

twostarflag_thumb.jpg

John and Debbie

What a wonderful family you have, Craig! You're a lucky guy! It sounds like God has been with you and your family so far; I'll pray that He keeps it up!

Prayer will be sent to your family. Thanks for your son and his wife for serving our country be proud of them!!!The good LORD does not give us more than we can handle. Take care. And if you go to shelbyfest enjoy wish I could go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived