TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Detail question for Grabber Blue Owners

inyadreems

Just curious what detailing products you guys are using on the Grabber Blue and how you like it or if you noticed one particular brand product works better on Grabber Blue than another.

With a break in the bad weather I was able to wash and wax on Saturday using the 2 bucket system, Megs Car Wash and NXT wax. I also put a light coat on the stripes. I only use Meg products and the car came out nice. (Unable to take pics, my wife had the camera).

Have you guys tried Megs products and noticed another brand works better on the Grabber?

Has anyone tried ICE or another brand that really makes the Grabber Blue pop?

My future plan is a full hand detail using the following:

2 bucket wash with Megs NXT car wash

Megs Deep Crystal paint cleaner

Megs Clay if applicable

Megs Deep Crystal polish

2 Coats of Megs NXT wax

Just curious what detailing products you guys are using on the Grabber Blue and how you like it or if you noticed one particular brand product works better on Grabber Blue than another.

With a break in the bad weather I was able to wash and wax on Saturday using the 2 bucket system, Megs Car Wash and NXT wax. I also put a light coat on the stripes. I only use Meg products and the car came out nice. (Unable to take pics, my wife had the camera).

Have you guys tried Megs products and noticed another brand works better on the Grabber?

Megs Clay if applicable

Megs Deep Crystal polish

2 Coats of Megs NXT wax

My car came detailed from dealer and went into storage. I heard the ICE products work well on this forum.

Umm... what is 2 bucket system?! One clean water one dirty?

M.

2 bucket system is one with soap and water and one with just water and also using a gritguard at the bottom of the buckets so you dont dip the mit or sponge into dirt. Everytime you put the sponge into the clean water rinse it out and then dip into soap and water. I was amazed at how much dirt was at the bottom of the water only bucket. This helps avoid swirl marks.

well mine is red,but since your a Meguiars user thought id share with you.Ive been a big believer in Meguars Glaze product, its their No7.It really deepens the car color --it takes off minor surcface stuff, like mine had soemerail dust on it,but no grit. My car doesnt see rain, so i havent waxed it,but do the glaze once a month--if you do a section and compare with an undone section,youll be amazed.the Meguiars spray detail, is also great. When you get slight surface scartches that dont cut thru the clear, use Meguiars No 3 or No2--start with 3 , and if its not enough go to 3.Then use the No 9 to take out any swirls.Always apply in a circular pattern.

From this forum, i starting using the Turlte wax ICE product on my other cars,and found it last longer in weather--keeps beading for 6 months so far.But make sure you use the Meguiars car wash or else the wax comes off, like in a hand car wash place.The ICE to me is a little harder getting off beacuse it doesnt quite dry,but i have a black car that it looks great with the ICE product

Megs Clay if applicable

Megs Deep Crystal polish

2 Coats of Megs NXT wax

I used Zaino wax and products on mine this past summer and was real happy with the results; but not sure if the results were any better than any other wax or detailing products.

post-25505-126686933497_thumb.jpg

post-25505-126686940274_thumb.jpg

post-25505-126686933497_thumb.jpg

post-25505-126686940274_thumb.jpg

Looks good..........................what % is the tint? I want to get mine tinted also.

35% tint on the side windows and 20% tint on the quarter and rear windows. Cops have left me alone with respect to the tint, so far.

I've just used Meguiars NXT 2.0 on my car. Really tough to beat the results IMO. Of course it's a new car and the paint is going to look pretty good with most any reputable wax at this point.

I didn't use any clay or polish beforehand. I might clay it this spring...just depends.

Only other thing I've been tossing around the idea of is....(and this is due to the fact of spending too much time on detailing forums while snowed in)..is applying high quality (expensive) carnauba wax over the NXT. I'm thinking of going with Pinnacle Souverän or Wolfgang Füzion Estate Wax. This seems to be the newest trend...applying a carnauba over a polymer sealant like NXT. Again, this is just a product of me being bored mostly, but I probably will dive in and give it a shot just for the heck of it.

i used a product called rejex - seems to work well

RejeX is a thin-film polymer coating, used instead of wax or polish, to provide the ultimate, durable high-gloss protective finish for vehicles of all types.

Entirely synthetic, RejeX's protective characteristics far exceed those of traditional wax products. It highly resistant to chemicals, detergents, acids and UV, which deteriorate paint over time.

Even though RejeX contains no polishing additives per se, the deep, lustrous high-gloss finish rivals that of any polish or glaze. Click here to visit the main RejeX page.

http://www.rejex.com/

Mine is Grabber Blue with White Stripes. Use nothing but Zaino on it (and the other cars) and I would swear that it glows in the dark. By far the best stuff that I've ever used, and I use it right over the stripes. Find that it keeps the crud from sticking to the stripes as well. The more that you use it, the better that the car looks......

Mark

i used a product called rejex - seems to work well

RejeX is a thin-film polymer coating, used instead of wax or polish, to provide the ultimate, durable high-gloss protective finish for vehicles of all types.

Entirely synthetic, RejeX's protective characteristics far exceed those of traditional wax products. It highly resistant to chemicals, detergents, acids and UV, which deteriorate paint over time.

Even though RejeX contains no polishing additives per se, the deep, lustrous high-gloss finish rivals that of any polish or glaze. Click here to visit the main RejeX page.

http://www.rejex.com/

I use Rejex on my wheels. Great stuff...

Archived