TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thanks Grabber

computermike

Just wanted to sat thanks to Grabber for all the info on the clutch problem. He has probably saved GT500 owners thousands of dallors.

A few weeks ago I was really bummed about having to buy new clutch. Now I have hope of getting it fixed.

I was about a month and a half past my three year bumper to bumper when I noticed my clutch slipping. I have the premium extended warranty from Ford, which covers the flywheel. My dealer enters the problem as a disc problem into their computer system, so Ford denies it. I tell them to enter as a flywhel problem but they won't, says they can not tell unless they take apart.

They say, they want me to authorize them taking apart the clutch and tranny, I would be responsible for repair cost, maybe they will determine it is the flywheel. The dealer says I may have been racing and that caused clutch to go out (I've never even done a burn out). They say they can tell by how blue the the disc is???????

Will be speaking to dealer again today.

If you have had problems I'd like to get your email.

I am collecting emails of all GT500 owners who have had hard time with Ford and /or dealer.

Thanks again Grabber and Cheers

Mike

Just wanted to sat thanks to Grabber for all the info on the clutch problem. He has probably saved GT500 owners thousands of dallors.

A few weeks ago I was really bummed about having to buy new clutch. Now I have hope of getting it fixed.

I was about a month and a half past my three year bumper to bumper when I noticed my clutch slipping. I have the premium extended warranty from Ford, which covers the flywheel. My dealer enters the problem as a disc problem into their computer system, so Ford denies it. I tell them to enter as a flywhel problem but they won't, says they can not tell unless they take apart.

They say, they want me to authorize them taking apart the clutch and tranny, I would be responsible for repair cost, maybe they will determine it is the flywheel. The dealer says I may have been racing and that caused clutch to go out (I've never even done a burn out). They say they can tell by how blue the the disc is???????

Will be speaking to dealer again today.

If you have had problems I'd like to get your email.

I am collecting emails of all GT500 owners who have had hard time with Ford and /or dealer.

Thanks again Grabber and Cheers

Mike

Mike,

Yes indeed Grabber is the main man on this issue and well informed he is....Good luck and do not give up.....

Alexander

Archived