TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT500 TSB list

Grabber

EDIT: Updated 12/21/10

Technical Service Bulletins

2010 Mustang - US (English)

The Technical Service Bulletins (TSB's) listed here may NOT apply to the vehicle you are working on. You MUST run OASIS with a specific VIN and Symptom Code to determine if it applies. If OASIS does not return the TSB, then it does NOT apply.

10-25-8

• 4.0L / 5.4L / 6.8L - CALIBRATION UPDATE - VARIOUS ISSUES

10-20-11

• SIRIUS RADIO WITH NAVIGATION - UPDATE PROCESS FAILURE - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 3/8/2010

10-18-11

• 4.0L - ENGINE NOISE, MIL WITH DTC P0340, LACKS POWER, RUNS ROUGH - NO START

10-13-4

• SYNC NON-NAVIGATION - NO TURN-BY-TURN DIRECTIONS AND/OR UNABLE TO PIN POINT VEHICLE LOCATION - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 6/14/2010

10-5-9

• LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT LID SOLENOID STUCK OPEN

10-5-7

• 4.0L - BUZZ NOISE - UPPER ENGINE

10-4-13

• CONVERTIBLE TOP - HEADLINER PULLED OUT FROM NUMBER 1 BOW

10-3-7

• REAR DRIVE AXLE VENT - OIL LEAK

10-2-8

• SYNC SYSTEM DEFAULTS TO OR STAYS IN PRIVACY MODE, MULTIPLE VEHICLE LINES

09-24-16

• GRUNT/CREAK/SQUEAK/CHIRP NOISE FROM THE LOWER CONTROL ARM BUSHING OVER BUMPS - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 8/3/2009

09-24-15

• REAR BUMPER COVER FIT/ALIGNMENT - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 9/15/2009

09-20-4

• AXLE WHINE

09-18-16

• 4.6L MANUAL TRANSMISSION - SEPARATOR PLATE BUZZ - BUILT BEFORE 4/5/2009

09-16-1

• A/C LACK OF COOLING - 4.6L/5.4L V8 ENGINES ONLY

09-14-3

• SYNC FUNCTIONS INOPERATIVE, DTC U3000-41, U0485, OR U0100, AND/OR BATTERY DRAW WITH ACCESSORY PROTOCOL INTERFACE MODULE CONNECTED

09-12-7

• TICK/POP/SNAPPING/BUZZ NOISE FROM DOOR PANEL WHEN OPERATING AUDIO SYSTEM - VEHICLES BUILT BEFORE 5/1/2009

09-11-14

• SYNC SOFTWARE UPDATE - VERSION 3.0 - SYNC TRAFFIC, DIRECTIONS, AND INFORMATION FEATURES - US ONLY

TSB

10-4-13 CONVERTIBLE TOP - HEADLINER PULLED OUT FROM NUMBER 1 BOW

Publication Date: March 2, 2010

FORD: 2005-2010 Mustang

ISSUE:

Some 2005-2010 Mustang vehicles equipped with a convertible top may exhibit a headliner that pulls away from the number 1 bow.

ACTION:

Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

The convertible top will need to be opened to the 3/4 position to perform the following repairs.

Remove the RH/LH front weatherstrip retainer channel. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-18 Convertible Top - Exploded View.

Remove front compression panel. Refer to WSM Section 501-18.

Remove the RH/LH staples from the number 1 bow.

Two (2) pop rivets are located on each side of the top cover to the number 1 bow and will need to be removed by drilling out the rivets. (Figure 1)

Figure 1 - Article 10-4-13

tb9910a.gif

Fold the front of the top cover back exposing the header form panel.

Remove the six (6) screws retaining the header form panel to the number 1 bow.

Short screw is located in the front center location.

Detach the RH/LH header bow listings from the number 1 bow. Revealing the headliner attachment. (Figure 2)

Figure 2 - Article 10-4-13

tb9911a.gif

The front of the headliner attachment/u-channel should now be visible. The center of the headliner u-channel can be reattached to the groove in the number 1 bow. The headliner u-channel will need to be firmly seated into the groove on the number 1 bow using a small rubber mallet. (Figure 3)

Figure 3 - Article 10-4-13

tb9912a.gif

The two (2) pieces of double sided sticky tape present in the number 1 bow groove can be reused.

Remove the remainder of the drilled out rivets from Step 4.

Reinstall the two header bow listings to the number 1 bow.

Install the header form panel. Make sure that the center headliner cloth tab is secured between the number 1 bow and header form panel securing it with the rear screw. Install the short screw in the forward/center position. Torque header screws to 44 lb-in (5 N-m).

Prior to pulling the top cover over the header form panel apply a light mist of water over the double sided sticky tape on the header form panel. This will allow the top cover enough movement for securing before the tape bonds to the top cover.

Pull the top cover over the header form panel and install the top cover rivets to the number 1 bow (2 each side). (Figure 1)

Prior to stapling, make sure there are no wrinkles in the convertible top material along the front edge.

Install stainless 3/8" (10 mm) staples in the RH/LH front corner locations of the number 1 bow, previously removed from Step 3.

Install the compression panel and eleven (11) screws. Torque to 18 lb-in (2 N-m).

Install the RH/LH front retaining channels. Torque to 26 lb-in (3 N-m).

Firmly press against the header panel to seat the double-sided tape.

PART NUMBER PART NAME

W707504-S303 Rivet

WARRANTY STATUS:

Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage

IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME

100413A 2005-2010 Mustang: Secure Headliner Following Service Procedure (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 1.1 Hrs.

DEALER CODING

BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE

7651916 07

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hearing a single loud clicking noise when I am rolling down my passenger side window............it occurrs about half-way down. But I am torn..........not really happy about the dealership having to pull my door apart.. Anyone else having this issue??

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some of the PDF's I had found so far here on Team Shelby (Grabber had post them before) and on the web. Hope I can find soon the others too.

Hi Thankyou Very much on the info On my New Shelby Cobra Convertable . If you have any more Please let me know

Mack1

• 7 months later...

Grabber,

Do you know if there is a 2011 TSB list out yet?

Thank you,

HAWKBARR

2011 Mustang - US (English)

The Technical Service Bulletins (TSB's) listed here may NOT apply to the vehicle you are working on. You MUST run OASIS with a specific VIN and Symptom Code to determine if it applies. If OASIS does not return the TSB, then it does NOT apply.

10-21-3

• 3.7L AND 5.0L - FUEL GAUGE INDICATOR DROPS FROM APPROXIMATELY 1/2 TO EMPTY

10-19-4

• CLUTCH STAYOUT AT HIGH RPM - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 4/25/2010

10-16-4

• 5.4L - STEERING SHUDDER/NIBBLE/PULL/DRIFT - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 8/2/2010

2011 Mustang - US (English)

10-21-3

• 3.7L AND 5.0L - FUEL GAUGE INDICATOR DROPS FROM APPROXIMATELY 1/2 TO EMPTY

10-19-4

• CLUTCH STAYOUT AT HIGH RPM - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 4/25/2010

10-16-4

• 5.4L - STEERING SHUDDER/NIBBLE/PULL/DRIFT - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 8/2/2010

Thank you Grabber! I appreciate it.

I am surprised the 1-2 shift issue on the 2011's isn't listed, but thats been discussed a lot in a previous thread.

-HAWKBARR

• 1 month later...

Took my 2010 in yesterday for the axle whine/groaning and the front end noise. They have already ordered the parts for the front, but they are trying to tell me that the noise from the rear axles is normal and comes from the clutches in the rear diff. I understand that there can be a little noise from there, but the groaning noise I am getting on slow speed turns is a little ridiculous and has gotten worse since I bought the car. I am even starting to hear it at highway speeds. I told them that if there is just absolutely no way to fix it then I can live with that, but that the TSB specifically states the fix for it, so I would like it fixed. I am wondering how many others have experienced this. I know I have seen a few here and there. I guess my real question is whether or not I should force the issue.

• 1 year later...

Archived