TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Plaque Removal?

chuckstang

I am refering to the plaque that goes between the 2 air vents that has your VIN and CS autograph. Can this safely be removed without damaing your dash or plaque?

Curious because, there is no way this is staying on the car if I trade it in.

Thanks alot guys

I took one off using monofiiment fishing line and a hair dryer carefully heated and then worked the fising line under the plaque took a little time but came off clean.

I took one off using monofiiment fishing line and a hair dryer carefully heated and then worked the fising line under the plaque took a little time but came off clean.

Dental floss and a hair dryer has always worked for taking off badges for me. I am sure that fishing line works well also. Would be care full of scratches.

Chuck,

Fishing string will work.

Why are you removing the plaque? The plaque is specific to that car due to the VIN #. I left my plaque in place when I traded my car in.

Send out your passenger side airbag cover from your new car to get signed.

Chuck,

Fishing string will work.

Why are you removing the plaque? The plaque is specific to that car due to the VIN #. I left my plaque in place when I traded my car in.

Send out your passenger side airbag cover from your new car to get signed.

No way is that going to the new owner. Only things to stay on the car for trade in, are all the stock parts, and that did not come with the car. The plaque is something nice to keep for the rest of my life :)

Those that took it off, did it leave a bunch of glue on the dash and was there ever any fear of cracking the plastic dash while lifting?

Archived