TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SS performance mods/options

dbackg

Hello to my fellow SS brothers.

I have a SS, vert, black. I am considering the KR mufflers. BoneDoc is happy with his change out and I am glad to hear a SS owner changed out the quiet borla mufflers.

In the beginning of the SS program, the 725+HP snakes were going to get the JBA exhaust headers, but due to state and governmental restrictions, SAI had to just go with the cat-back borla set up.

I am curious if any SS owners have changed out their stock factory exhaust headers to the FRPP M-9430-C54 shorty headers?

I am considering some performance mods to my SS.

Considering the following:

1. Ford Racing, FRPP # M-9926-CJ throttle body.

63.5mm twin bore - polished with Ford Racing logo. - stock = 60mm twin bore

2. VMP 2.65 Pulley & Tune Upgrade Package

for FRPP 2.3L TVS M-6066-SGT.

3. NGK plugs - TR6 or NGK TR7IX Iridium Spark Plugs

4. FRPP M-9430-C54C shorty headers

5. KR Mufflers - M-5230-S - with stock x-pipe

might change out the cats to hi-flow. any recommendations?

6. FORE or Metco billet fuel rails ... undecided?

I am really interested in the powder coated M-5230-SA, 2010 mufflers. Does anybody know for sure how much longer the tips are? All descriptions just say that they are longer .... just not how much longer.

Also, do you think FRPP had them powder coated due to the fact the the original KR - M-5230-S mufflers are prone to surface rust.

If/when i purchase KR mufflers, I might just have them powder coated black, bias opinion, but I like the stealth look.

Cheers and thanks for the replies.

Greg

Hello to my fellow SS brothers.

I have a SS, vert, black. I am considering the KR mufflers. BoneDoc is happy with his change out and I am glad to hear a SS owner changed out the quiet borla mufflers.

In the beginning of the SS program, the 725+HP snakes were going to get the JBA exhaust headers, but due to state and governmental restrictions, SAI had to just go with the cat-back borla set up.

I am curious if any SS owners have changed out their stock factory exhaust headers to the FRPP M-9430-C54 shorty headers?

I am really interested in the powder coated M-5230-SA, 2010 mufflers. Does anybody know for sure how much longer the tips are? All descriptions just say that they are longer .... just not how much longer.

Also, do you think FRPP had them powder coated due to the fact the the original KR - M-5230-S mufflers are prone to surface rust.

If/when i purchase KR mufflers, I might just have them powder coated black, bias opinion, but I like the stealth look.

Greg

Greg - There is a recent thread about Super Snake exhaust. I installed the FRPP ceramic shortys and full 3" JBA on my 725. It is discussed in that thread.

Here is the thread.....................

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53589-super-snake-exhaust/

R

Greg

Archived