TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Member,New Owner of Red #995 in Disguise

Phatnlow

Shelby Dakota ?'s

I just purchased red #995 02-15-2010 it's in disguise. I'm on webtv i can't go into e-bay. Can i find the lightbar 2 centercaps,1 centercap decal,decal kit? basically any restoration parts without going to e-bay? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Leonard

Of course 3 of the center cap screws are broken off How do i abstract them? And the Bosh driving lights are broken i have a whole Bosh light kit for a 1989 nissan pathfinder with covers. I'm thinking i can strip out the old kit and replace it. Also the truck has a old alarm should i remove it and upgrade to a current model? Any help would be great.

Shelby Dakota ?'s

I just purchased red #995 02-17-2010 it's in disguise. I'm on webtv i can't go into e-bay. Can i find the lightbar 2 centercaps,1 centercap decal,decal kit? basically any restoration parts without going to e-bay? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Leonard

Leonard, welcome to Team Shelby. Glad you found us.

Restotation parts for any of the Shelby Dodge's are hard to find. Your best shot in locating new or used parts is on ebay. Perhaps a public computer at your local library or internet cafe will assist you on browsing ebay.

Regarding the broken wheel caps screws. They basically have to be drilled out and re-tapped. A good machinest might be able to use a screw extractor but that also requires a hole to be drilled directly in the center of the broken bolt.

The steel screw reacts with the aluminum wheel and is almost impossible to remove if let in there for many years. Always use some anti sieze goop on the screw threads to prevent this from happening again.

Steve

Of course 3 of the center cap screws are broken off How do i abstract them? And the Bosh driving lights are broken i have a whole Bosh light kit for a 1989 nissan pathfinder with covers. I'm thinking i can strip out the old kit and replace it. Also the truck has a old alarm should i remove it and upgrade to a current model? Any help would be great.

Hi Steve thanks again for your help now i know how to go about this task and prevent this from happening in the future. I will go to the library or a friends computer as soon as i get time and do a real indept search.

Thanks for welcoming me to this forum and site and being a member it's a pleasure to be here :D .

Hi Steve thanks again for your help now i know how to go about this task and prevent this from happening in the future. I will go to the library or a friends computer as soon as i get time and do a real indept search.

Thanks for welcoming me to this forum and site and being a member it's a pleasure to be here :D .

Yes hwhunter i sure am :). Can you post the information or send it to my e-mail address. That would be great!! Thanks for your help and keeping me in mind..

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again hwhunter for all your help. If i can get a lightbar for around the price you got yours for that would be great!! Of course i can't pay a fortune for one lol.. With the current state of the economy has affected my job alot. By April they may close night shift down all together they've cut hours and staff in half already. Just hanging on and keeping the faith (in gods hands). I hope everyone had a great weekend. :)

Archived