TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby GT500 vs. 2010 Camaro SS

NICK82

So I was just driving along When I come upon a C6 Corvette and a Camaro SS on the highway. My exit was coming up in a couple miles and these guys were doing about 50 mph so I changed lanes and blew past both of them. So i'm exiting off the ramp and I see both of them gaining on me. We get to a stoplight and get moving, the Camaro comes up beside me and starts hitting the pedal making the hood jump. We're side by side and we both see a yellow light ahead with no one in front of us ahead. He rolls down the window and tells me it's an automatic SS and he just raced his buddy in the Corvette and they were about equal. So light goes green he gets the jump and feather first and in second just let loose, stomped 3rd and ripped past him, changed lanes and was gone. He caught up and said "he screwed up and started in 2nd". Must of sucked for the Corvette owner to watch the GM muscle car get crushed right in front of him haha.

Like Ice Cube says, today was a good day.

I know what you mean...I had one on that kept messing with me....2 seconds later I snapped my favorite pic of the camaro.

Camero-Rear-View-Mirror.jpg

Of course the 2010 GT500 has a much bigger advantage;

When the Comaro SS driver gets first glance at the

FUGLY REAR END, He will be in no shape to drive???????

:hysterical:

So I was just driving along When I come upon a C6 Corvette and a Camaro SS on the highway. My exit was coming up in a couple miles and these guys were doing about 50 mph so I changed lanes and blew past both of them. So i'm exiting off the ramp and I see both of them gaining on me. We get to a stoplight and get moving, the Camaro comes up beside me and starts hitting the pedal making the hood jump. We're side by side and we both see a yellow light ahead with no one in front of us ahead. He rolls down the window and tells me it's an automatic SS and he just raced his buddy in the Corvette and they were about equal. So light goes green he gets the jump and feather first and in second just let loose, stomped 3rd and ripped past him, changed lanes and was gone. He caught up and said "he screwed up and started in 2nd". Must of sucked for the Corvette owner to watch the GM muscle car get crushed right in front of him haha.

Like Ice Cube says, today was a good day.

Out of curiosity---What was the status of your Traction control?

I've only been in a couple of stop light drags and only with folks trying to prove something that were not formidable opponents but I've wondered what would be best if I were faced with a possible tough customer?

Yes I've fully addressed my wheel hop too if that were to matter!

I've only been in a couple of stop light drags and only with folks trying to prove something that were not formidable opponents but I've wondered what would be best if I were faced with a possible tough customer?

I had to feather 1st gear to avoid spinning tires, i need a faster launch technique though. I've got Nitto 555r 305's out back so 2nd gear hooked nicely.

Left traction control on...

I would think that having the traction control engaged would provide the best launch for MOST drivers and minimize tire squealing that attracts the black and whites from blocks around.

Archived