TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT 500 brakes

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have a chance to buy a set of Shelby GT 500 Front Brakes. Cal's, Pads, rotor's, dust shields, and lines. My question is: will the Gt 500 Brakes work on our Shelby Gt (not Gt.500) front's - clearing the Standard Gt. rims etc.?

Thanks for the guidance.

Doc

The calipers, lines and backing plates bolt right up without any problem, BUT they will NOT allow the use of the stock SGT 5 spoke wheels...You'll have to go to at least the GT500 wheels or at the very least get some spacers to allow them to clear the larger calipers...

Sorry, don't know of any other calipers that will fit behind the stock wheel....if you look carefully, you'll see that there is only about 1/8th of an inch of clearance now on your stock calipers. if you want to keep the stock wheels, you'll have to upgrade only the rotors to drilled or slotted or drilled/slotted and upgrade the pads to ceramic or something else...if you stay with the same GT rotor size, you won't need to upgrade the backing plates unless you want to add the FRPP brake cooling ducts and then you'll need to replace the backing plate so you can attach the cooling duct to it...

Good Luck...as you can see in my sig, I upgraded to the GT500 Brembo Brakes and rotors AND the GT500 Wheels and tires...I LOVE THEM!!!

Sorry, don't know of any other calipers that will fit behind the stock wheel....if you look carefully, you'll see that there is only about 1/8th of an inch of clearance now on your stock calipers. if you want to keep the stock wheels, you'll have to upgrade only the rotors to drilled or slotted or drilled/slotted and upgrade the pads to ceramic or something else...if you stay with the same GT rotor size, you won't need to upgrade the backing plates unless you want to add the FRPP brake cooling ducts and then you'll need to replace the backing plate so you can attach the cooling duct to it...

Good Luck...as you can see in my sig, I upgraded to the GT500 Brembo Brakes and rotors AND the GT500 Wheels and tires...I LOVE THEM!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

That's a clean look I would say! Thanks Doc

Archived