TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Should I put the Gt500 spoiler on my SGT?

If the trunk lid is unblemished, I'd say leave it that way. I believe anything shorter than the "Boy Racer" wing is a fashion statement.

Both my current cars came with the GT "pedestal" wing, which I now think looks like it belongs on a Star Wars warrior helmet. I replaced the white one with a black one. I replaced the black one on the black car with as unobtrusive a hole-mounted wing as I could find: the "KR" or "Terlingua" or 2007 Pony V6 wing. It looks as good as any that cover the holes.

When I had a V6 convertible I thought the GT spoiler would be cool. By the time I got one, I'd realized it wasn't that great, and after all, I just couldn't bring myself to drill into that beautiful, smooth metal.

I did want to show that I was aware of the wing effect, so I put on a token "lip" spoiler. It was made of rubber of a variety that could be worked like wood, and stuck on the trunk lid with 3M tape. I eventually spent about fifty dollars with an eBaY seller, for two of his items: one was long enough to cover the lid, and the other provided two shaped ends for the fender-tops. I think it was a nice, subtle touch that made a statement without becoming grotesque.

mustSolLRmedII_7456.jpg

mustSolLRmedII_7456.jpg

If the trunk lid is unblemished, I'd say leave it that way. I believe anything shorter than the "Boy Racer" wing is a fashion statement.

Both my current cars came with the GT "pedestal" wing, which I now think looks like it belongs on a Star Wars warrior helmet. I replaced the white one with a black one. I replaced the black one on the black car with as unobtrusive a hole-mounted wing as I could find: the "KR" or "Terlingua" or 2007 Pony V6 wing. It looks as good as any that cover the holes.

When I had a V6 convertible I thought the GT spoiler would be cool. By the time I got one, I'd realized it wasn't that great, and after all, I just couldn't bring myself to drill into that beautiful, smooth metal.

I did want to show that I was aware of the wing effect, so I put on a token "lip" spoiler. It was made of rubber of a variety that could be worked like wood, and stuck on the trunk lid with 3M tape. I eventually spent about fifty dollars with an eBaY seller, for two of his items: one was long enough to cover the lid, and the other provided two shaped ends for the fender-tops. I think it was a nice, subtle touch that made a statement without becoming grotesque.

Hi Frank,

What does your 3rd brake light say? I looks like it has lettering. Mine says my CSM #...

I'll try to keep my SGT as original as possible .(it's really hard but I do...) and the last thing I would add, is a rear spoiler... :fool:

Sorry but that's not my style....but as you've been told before, it's your car...and your decision......but honestly the car looks better without a spoiler it's the GT350 retro style... :salute:

I forgot you guys also got hooked up with that off-road suspension, we would have to purchase a lift kit to go off roading. You started in our forum, do not hate the player.....

I never "HATE" my Friend.............

But remember this;

Non Functional Plastic "SUCKS"!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

You can always go the route I took. Bought a decklid from a GT500, had it painted, will be striping it this spring. I'll put it on

& store the original lid. If I dont like the look, or get sick of it, i'll swap it back out. :burnout:

Now that is a great idea !!

I was anti-spoiler till I saw the KR!

So here it is on my car....I call it the "KR Compromise" spoiler. It ads to the rear deck but doesn't overwhelm like the GT500.

It looks sweet Jeff ; nice compromise ; a little down force does a man good. :shift:

Scotty

I hate to hijack this thread, but I wonder how many of your 5000+ post are as substantitive as this one...?

Dan

Starting off with personel name calling;

("idiot" and "punk-ass dumptruck") will not bring a positive

response from anyone including me............

I would have like to resolve this in the proper way but you chose to not accept my return messages...............

Do what you feel is right................

Archived