TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Production Info

henrycp

I spoke with my Dealer and his Zone Rep yesterday regarding 2011 Shelby GT500 production. This is what we were told by the Zone Rep:

The 2011 Shelby's currently have an "Ok to Buy" date of April 4, 2010. This simply means that 2011's cannot be received/purchased by a customer until that date. Ford is currently pulling some (not all) Dealer Stock orders only for the first production run. Production of those units will begin March 17. If all goes well with production and no issues are found, it is possible that these first builds could be on dealer lots before April 4, but they cannot sell them until after April 4...the "OK to Buy" date. The "OK to Buy" date could be pushed out to a later date (i.e. if they run into problems with the first production run of stock orders) but it will not be pulled forward.

As for retail orders, Ford will begin distributing allocations and pulling/serializing those orders for scheduling on March 17 (same day stock order production begins). If all goes well with the stock produciton run, retail orders will begin to be built the week of April 5. If all goes as planned, these retail orders could arive as early as the 1st or 2nd week of May. My Dealers Zone Rep tells us mine is the first retail order in her zone (I'm in central Illinois) and will be included in the first retail production run. happy%20feet.gif

If you have a retail order DO NOT assume these same dates apply to your order. I do not know how Ford distributes allocations and would not assume your Dealer will have their allocation pulled according to the schedule I've described. I hope they all are, but would not assume they are.

This is the plan right now, and plans can change. It will depend on how the first production run of stock orders goes.

I talked to my dealer about having my order changed to a Stock order. The Zone Rep said I had to decied my 5:00 PM today, Feb 18. Wonder if that means they are finished pulling stock orders for the first production run? Anyway, for a variety of reasons I decided to leave it as a retail order. If i get the car by Memorial Day I will be thrilled!!

Hope this helps and hope you all get your cars soon shift.gif

I spoke with my Dealer and his Zone Rep yesterday regarding 2011 Shelby GT500 production. This is what we were told by the Zone Rep:

The 2011 Shelby's currently have an "Ok to Buy" date of April 4, 2010. This simply means that 2011's cannot be received/purchased by a customer until that date. Ford is currently pulling some (not all) Dealer Stock orders only for the first production run. Production of those units will begin March 17. If all goes well with production and no issues are found, it is possible that these first builds could be on dealer lots before April 4, but they cannot sell them until after April 4...the "OK to Buy" date. The "OK to Buy" date could be pushed out to a later date (i.e. if they run into problems with the first production run of stock orders) but it will not be pulled forward.

As for retail orders, Ford will begin distributing allocations and pulling/serializing those orders for scheduling on March 17 (same day stock order production begins). If all goes well with the stock produciton run, retail orders will begin to be built the week of April 5. If all goes as planned, these retail orders could arive as early as the 1st or 2nd week of May. My Dealers Zone Rep tells us mine is the first retail order in her zone (I'm in central Illinois) and will be included in the first retail production run. happy%20feet.gif

If you have a retail order DO NOT assume these same dates apply to your order. I do not know how Ford distributes allocations and would not assume your Dealer will have their allocation pulled according to the schedule I've described. I hope they all are, but would not assume they are.

This is the plan right now, and plans can change. It will depend on how the first production run of stock orders goes.

I talked to my dealer about having my order changed to a Stock order. The Zone Rep said I had to decied my 5:00 PM today, Feb 18. Wonder if that means they are finished pulling stock orders for the first production run? Anyway, for a variety of reasons I decided to leave it as a retail order. If i get the car by Memorial Day I will be thrilled!!

Hope this helps and hope you all get your cars soon shift.gif

Thanks! Very helpful info. So if we have a retail order, we should have until at least March 17th to make any changes?

Spoke to my dealer also yesterday. He had gotten 4 2010's and expects to get 4 2011's. He already had gotten 1 allocation for a early production 2011 and use it to order an inventory car. He did say he can change it to my specs. He was not sure when it would come in but did say if I wait and order a car from his remaining allocation I may have to wait until August to receive it. Would that be true, are dealers getting the remaining allocation that late?

Vinny

Thanks! Very helpful info. So if we have a retail order, we should have until at least March 17th to make any changes?

My understanding is that an order can be changed up until the time it has been serialized. Serialized means that it has been scheduled for build, has a VIN and parts are ordered. So up to when you can change your order depends on when your dealers allocation is pulled and serialized. At the very latest, according to the info given to me, March 17 is that date. But again, depends on when your dealers allocation is pulled and serialized.

Spoke to my dealer also yesterday. He had gotten 4 2010's and expects to get 4 2011's. He already had gotten 1 allocation for a early production 2011 and use it to order an inventory car. He did say he can change it to my specs. He was not sure when it would come in but did say if I wait and order a car from his remaining allocation I may have to wait until August to receive it. Would that be true, are dealers getting the remaining allocation that late?

Vinny

Our Zone Rep told us that at this point no dealers have been given more than 1 allocation. AND to this point not all dealer stock orders have been pulled, nor will they all be pulled right now. So just becasue you switch it to a stock order does not necessarily mean it will get pulled sooner than a retail order. Allocations are a funny thing and I don't think I'll ever uderstand how they are distributed. Keep in mind, they'll be building these cars though Feb/Mar/Aprish of 2011. Not all allocations will be distributed at the same time.

I received the same information as stated above on Tuesday. The dealership I ordered through is working with their zone rep in order to get the car here the quickest. I'm not sure if my order stands as a stock order or a special order as of today. I really don't mind waiting a few extra weeks, I just don't want to wait 3-4 extra months. Hopefully we all gets our cars before long!

Archived