TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 SVT strut tower brace installed

9599svt

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, and I got it with white stripes to go with the theme of the Shelby

I had installed the JLT strut brace last week, car sat for 1 week while on vacation, took it for a drive today and opened the hood... the paints coming off at each end and the white is discolored now! Anyone have this issue w/ painted brace? Going to call JLT 1st thing Monday Monday and get this worked out / replaced.

post-28051-127401414153_thumb.jpg

post-28051-127401426799_thumb.jpg

post-28051-127401459137_thumb.jpg

post-28051-127401414153_thumb.jpg

post-28051-127401426799_thumb.jpg

post-28051-127401459137_thumb.jpg

I had installed the JLT strut brace last week, car sat for 1 week while on vacation, took it for a drive today and opened the hood... the paints coming off at each end and the white is discolored now! Anyone have this issue w/ painted brace? Going to call JLT 1st thing Monday Monday and get this worked out / replaced.

as im sure youve seen on the forum, i had major isues with the caps, but the strut itself has been fine as afr as paint.Good luck dealling with Tucker--let us know how you make out

as im sure youve seen on the forum, i had major isues with the caps, but the strut itself has been fine as afr as paint.Good luck dealling with Tucker--let us know how you make out

Was I suppose to get caps, or is that something different? What was your issue?

I just installed the 2010 svt brace and the resonator eliminator. I am pleased with how well it looks. It is more of a shinny grey almost chrome looking, compared to just gray powder coat like FRPP says. The brace would fit over even the stock resonator, so the eliminator is not needed. It is a tight fit but it clears everything. Two things I learnt through the install is to be very carefull not to drop a socket down into the engine because it might not make it to the floor and it is a pain trying to find it. Somehow the one I dropped ended up on top of the large plastic piece below the radiator.( I did find it after an hour of searching and the help of a magnet) The other thing to keep in mind is the air duct coming from the grill opening locks onto the housing around the air filter. There is no clamp to hold it on there but with some effort it "snaps" into place so that it is secuarly sealed to the housing.

Does anyone know if this will fit with the JLT carbon fiber intake in place .

Was I suppose to get caps, or is that something different? What was your issue?

tim--no the caps cover the bolts that the strut brace hooks up to--they look pretty neat,but mine didnt work out--gave mine to another TS member who can do bodywork and makew them fit

tim--no the caps cover the bolts that the strut brace hooks up to--they look pretty neat,but mine didnt work out--gave mine to another TS member who can do bodywork and makew them fit

Ok, wasnt sure if I was missing something. Did they give you washers for the bar? Tuckers going to replace it, he mentioned washers but when I emailed him back he did'nt respond.

Ok, wasnt sure if I was missing something. Did they give you washers for the bar? Tuckers going to replace it, he mentioned washers but when I emailed him back he did'nt respond.

Tim you need the washers to make sure the intake doesnt bounce off the bar as its drivng--its actually a fitted piece,so you cant just use a regular round washer--im sure hell send them along

Tim you need the washers to make sure the intake doesnt bounce off the bar as its drivng--its actually a fitted piece,so you cant just use a regular round washer--im sure hell send them along

I did get the fitted piece that goes under the bar, I was'nt sure if you were talking about washers for the top bolts.

I did get the fitted piece that goes under the bar, I was'nt sure if you were talking about washers for the top bolts.

nope--those are the ones--they go under where it attaches to the strut tower

After putting in the JLT intake,Definitely hear it more.When you go thru first 3 gears, the SC is definitel more audible .Met a guy at a car show who took off his insulation as well

I went with the JLT also along with their Power stack filters . Oh , and Lethal 2.6 pulley . Sure can hear it " Whine " now .

Not sure if these questions have been answered, so here goes...

The FRPP resonator needs to be installed.

The FRPP resonator does not do much to increase the sound of the SC. I noticed no difference. Maybe I would if the exhaust was stock.

Minimal handling difference on the coupe. It's really just for bling.

866305465_nSjuK-XL.jpg

...and yes I know I only have one blue valve cover. The driver's side (the beeitch of the install) is being done tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring this topic back to life but I'm interested in the FRP strut tower brace for my 2011. TX Stig and the others that have it, do you think it would be bland on the 2011 due to the supercharger now being silver? I just can't tell from the pictures. Need a first person assessment. I really like the looks of it but maybe a colored (red) JLT is a better solution on the 2011? Any thoughts?

Sorry to bring this topic back to life but I'm interested in the FRP strut tower brace for my 2011. TX Stig and the others that have it, do you think it would be bland on the 2011 due to the supercharger now being silver? I just can't tell from the pictures. Need a first person assessment. I really like the looks of it but maybe a colored (red) JLT is a better solution on the 2011? Any thoughts?

Hey I was wondering, do you work out at the space center?

axo250: I just picked up my 2011 this weekend, traded in a 2009 with the usual HP mods (intake, tune, pulley) when I got it. Here are my thoughts on your questions...

While I went the mod route with the 1st car, I'm not planning on modding this car. The strut tower brace would be OK, but as TX_STIG says, it's fairly pointless on the 10/11. I wouldn't put an aftermarket air tube on just for aesthetics (i.e. SC whine) either. I'm enjoying the level of refinement on the car, and actually like the subdued SC whine. Give it some time, and maybe you will as well. You can always add it later if you decide you really want it.

This is JMO, YMMV.

havent driven a 2011,but on my 10 vert the JLT brace makes a diffreence in the front end cowl shake by alot.I want with JLT because i wanted a red brace to match the car--i didnt care for the FRPP color.Dont buy the caps for the brace--PM if you want the details

Pick a color you like and then hunt down a good powder coater in your area.

Now you have some bling and something custom others won't have...and it should be reasonably cheap as well.

Torched- I don't notice anything shaking on my coupe. Its been a piece of glass since I got it. I recall your troubles with the caps and wouldn't go that route.

I appreciate the feedback. I honestly don't want this stuff for performance functions. I purely want to dress the car up a bit. Powercoating would work but I don't like buying things and turning around to redo them. At most I thought about painting the center piece of the Ford Racing STB red to match the car.

Torched- I don't notice anything shaking on my coupe. Its been a piece of glass since I got it. I recall your troubles with the caps and wouldn't go that route.

I appreciate the feedback. I honestly don't want this stuff for performance functions. I purely want to dress the car up a bit. Powercoating would work but I don't like buying things and turning around to redo them. At most I thought about painting the center piece of the Ford Racing STB red to match the car.

icouldnt recall if you have a vert--if not thers no performnce associated witha coupe--but i agree,they look pretty cool in the car colors.I didnt go with a stripe,since i thoung it clashed with the stripe on the front bumper.For the price id just go with the JLT piece,painted.Powder coating is bullet proof,but then you have to find a good guy,get him the part,hope he matchs the color,pick it up--i just dont have all that time--just send in the money and get the part, thats for me

Very true. I honestly have no intention of doing anything to the brace. I'm leaning towards the Ford Racing brace because it has some meat to it and more shape. The painted JLTs are nice too though. I think I need to scratch my head a little more before I pull the trigger.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 2012 Kona Blue. the brace does just touch but I put washers under it to clear better. With diff intake should be fine.

the plate that came with this brace I removed and had a friend CNC me the one you see on it now. Painted the brace from can LOL..

Its the same brace as TXSTIG has on his.

Archived