TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 SVT strut tower brace installed

9599svt

I just installed the 2010 svt brace and the resonator eliminator. I am pleased with how well it looks. It is more of a shinny grey almost chrome looking, compared to just gray powder coat like FRPP says. The brace would fit over even the stock resonator, so the eliminator is not needed. It is a tight fit but it clears everything. Two things I learnt through the install is to be very carefull not to drop a socket down into the engine because it might not make it to the floor and it is a pain trying to find it. Somehow the one I dropped ended up on top of the large plastic piece below the radiator.( I did find it after an hour of searching and the help of a magnet) The other thing to keep in mind is the air duct coming from the grill opening locks onto the housing around the air filter. There is no clamp to hold it on there but with some effort it "snaps" into place so that it is secuarly sealed to the housing.

post-26151-126644512013_thumb.jpg

post-26151-126644512013_thumb.jpg

looks good,nice install--i put mine in a month ago,and dont recall the whole snap thing--i didnt take out the air filter,just the intake tube---guess Ill go look at it and see if i can get anything to snap in---bob

I took the bolt that holds the housing out, just so I could move the whole thing to the side I little to make it easier to get the tube in. I think this is when the snorkel came loose from the side of the housing. After I finished installing I noticed that it wasn't tight to the side of the housing.

While Ford says that the strut tower brace is no longer required on 2010+ GT500, it sure does look good... notice an improvement in handling?

sorry to jump on the answer,but on my2010 vert it makes a big difference.They did alot to 2010s to reduce the cowl shake from previus years, but my vert still had it,and glad i made the change

When did you order the brace? I put on the FR3 Suspension back in August and have been waiting for them to swap out my old style strut tower brace for a new one. I keep being told they are on backorder. Wasn't sure how it would look, but it definately looks good imo.

thanks,

Bill

Really curious to know if this fits over the stock tube.

It is supposed to but I noticed the FRPP resonator eliminator tube too, and it looks close. REAL *close*.

I'd be interested in hearing the answer (for *sure*) as well.

Phill

It is supposed to but I noticed the FRPP resonator eliminator tube too, and it looks close. REAL *close*.

I'd be interested in hearing the answer (for *sure*) as well.

Phill

I have not even driven my car yet, I picked it up in an enclosed trailer a couple months ago and it is still sitting in there with 8 miles on it, so I cant say how much it strengthed it up. I ordered it along with some other FRPP through a ford dealer that sells ford racing parts and was also told it was on backorder but when my other parts came in, to my surprise the brace was in also. It had a manufacture date of 1/27. I did pay the full $225 suggested retail on it ( free shipping) It is a close fit about 1/4 inch clearance especially on the back bar which is a little lower than the front bar. I think the back bar is supposed to be the same height as the front but maybe it pulled down a little more during welding or something. I did set it on there before I put the resinator eliminator on and it DID clear the stock resinator. So the eliminator is not needed for the brace to work. Sorry for the delay in answering, I dont have axcess to the internet when im at work.

Amazingly after seeing your post I decided to send an email inquiring about the progress with my replacement strut tower brace. I purchased the FR3 handling package back in August and had this installed before I picked up the vehicle. At the time of delivery I was handed a box containing a strut tower brace that would not fit. Nothing was ever mentioned about the part not fitting a 2010 Gt500. I was told the new part would be replaced very shotly. Six months later I still have not replacement. Email after Email and phone call after phone call still nothing from Fords Customer service or my Dealer. Finally after mentioning to Ford Racing via email about the Shelby forum and people already installing them and seeing photo's I finally have a response. The new brace should be on its way. Can't say I'm real happy with the customer service on this one. IMO this should have been handled a lot sooner. I guess the pen is mightier then the sword or at least the keyboard.

For what its worth.

Bill

anyone looking for the 2010 shelby gt500 strut tower brace part #M-20201 MSVTC they are in stock now at ford racing . i just ordered one from cj pony parts at price of 204.95 free shipping you must call not online yet and make sure you request the above part number with correct letters as there is another part number the same with different numbers that is not right one . hope this helps anyone looking for one...

Just rec'd the email. My brace is finally on the way. Its about time.

Glad to hear your brace is on the way, I didn't mean to get your blood pressure up or anything. Honestly when I ordered mine along with some other parts they told me everything was in stock except for the brace, and they would have to back order it. A couple weeks later everything including the brace came in. I had no connection with the dealer, and I've never even ordered a ford racing part before in my life, so I think it was just luck when I got mine?? Glad to hear yours in on the way. You should like it.

I just installed the 2010 svt brace and the resinator eliminator. I am pleased with how well it looks. It is more of a shinny grey almost chrome looking, compared to just gray powder coat like FRPP says. The brace would fit over even the stock resinator, so the eliminator is not needed. It is a tight fit but it clears everything. Two things I learnt through the install is to be very carefull not to drop a socket down into the engine because it might not make it to the floor and it is a pain trying to find it. Somehow the one I dropped ended up on top of the large plastic piece below the radiator.( I did find it after an hour of searching and the help of a magnet) The other thing to keep in mind is the air duct coming from the grill opening locks onto the housing around the air filter. There is no clamp to hold it on there but with some effort it "snaps" into place so that it is secuarly sealed to the housing.

That looks real good . The question i have for you is , does the Resonator eliminator make much difference to the sound of the Supercharger ? I find from the factory they are too quiet so this sunds like the piece i may Have to buy ( along with the brace of course ) .

That looks real good . The question i have for you is , does the Resonator eliminator make much difference to the sound of the Supercharger ? I find from the factory they are too quiet so this sunds like the piece i may Have to buy ( along with the brace of course ) .

After putting in the JLT intake,Definitely hear it more.When you go thru first 3 gears, the SC is definitel more audible .Met a guy at a car show who took off his insulation as well

After putting in the JLT intake,Definitely hear it more.When you go thru first 3 gears, the SC is definitel more audible .Met a guy at a car show who took off his insulation as well

I just want to hear the SC. My previous car was a 97 Cobra with a Vortech . There was never any doubt that the car had an SC on it . I just love the sound when you go through the gears . The JLT looks good as well . I like the looks of their Power Package .

• 1 month later...

It looks really good, clean install. Has anyone seen the carbon fiber wrapped Shelby strut tower brace? I've seen it but I'm not sure if it's released yet. I bet we see it and a lot of new Shelby products at Knott's Berry Farm "Fabulous Fords Forever" show on April 25th

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have any pic's you can post of the Intake and brace? Thanks!

Do you have any pic's you can post of the Intake and brace? Thanks!

ill take a few pics and post them in a bit---the strut brace and CAI are very easy to install, took me 30 minutes.I like to JLT unit beacuse it can come painted if you want, and to be its less intrusive to the engine compartment than others Ive seen---doesnt draw your eye to it..When you drive your car, if you notice when entering a hard turn that the fron end shimmies slightly, thats cowl shake and all verts have it to a degree--you may not feel it.The CAI brings in more air,and allows you to hear the SC whine--with a vert its pretty neat.---good luck on the car--fastest color

post-24281-127197434844_thumb.jpg

ill take a few pics and post them in a bit---the strut brace and CAI are very easy to install, took me 30 minutes.I like to JLT unit beacuse it can come painted if you want, and to be its less intrusive to the engine compartment than others Ive seen---doesnt draw your eye to it..When you drive your car, if you notice when entering a hard turn that the fron end shimmies slightly, thats cowl shake and all verts have it to a degree--you may not feel it.The CAI brings in more air,and allows you to hear the SC whine--with a vert its pretty neat.---good luck on the car--fastest color

Looks great, where did you get the red brace and CIA kit? Thanks!

Archived