TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Flat Rock Plant (AAI) sheds 900 employees...

hitman007

At what point will Americans wake up and stop buying foreign crap????????????

+2. I used to think it was cool to own my 2004 Audi S4... right up until the moment I realized things kept breaking on the car and I was slapped with $120/hr labor rates and absurd repair bills. Finally traded it in for my 2010 GT500 yesterday and couldn't be happier! The quality of this car is better than the Audi and I don't have to worry about it breaking. Hopefully others will get over "import-itus" as I have. :peelout:

Mustang sales down 27% from last year.

Since 2002, the only muscle car that was available was the Mustang, now the Mustang has to compete with the Challenger and Camaro, and the mustang V6's engine is crap compared to the camaro's V6 that gives you 300hp and an epa of 29mpg, which is why Ford's new mustang V6 for 2011 is going from 215hp to 305hp and have and epa of 30mpg, not to mention the 5.0 engine with 412hp, i know we all love our shelbys and mustang GT's but the cars that keep these brands alive is the V6 models, Ford did a bad job by not offering a better engine for the all new 2010 model, thankfully they're correcting it. Ford as a whole had an increase of 47% in sales compared to last year, and the taurus sales is up about 94% from last year.

+2. I used to think it was cool to own my 2004 Audi S4... right up until the moment I realized things kept breaking on the car and I was slapped with $120/hr labor rates and absurd repair bills. Finally traded it in for my 2010 GT500 yesterday and couldn't be happier! The quality of this car is better than the Audi and I don't have to worry about it breaking. Hopefully others will get over "import-itus" as I have. peelout.gif

GrabberGT500,

Welcome aboard and glad to hear you made it back from "The Dark Side"! As you have found... Ford quality and innovation is firing on all cylinders.

GrabberGT500,

Welcome aboard and glad to hear you made it back from "The Dark Side"! As you have found... Ford quality and innovation is firing on all cylinders.

Thank you for the warm welcome SVT NAJA! Owning an Audi was certainly a brutal experience for me from a reliability stand point (for example, the power steering failed twice within 80,000 miles, which is a joke). Although I did buy an early build, first year model which may have had a lot to do with it. And the labor rate premium did not any way translate to the Audi mechanic being any better than the next guy (IMHO). The hype and money spent was not worth it. Definitely feels like this car has better quality and certainly more value (not to mention it feels awesome to buy an American car when our economy is in the dog house). One last thing I'll mention, the limited # of dealerships gives them more leverage. Now I have three times as many dealerships to choose from!

I'll have to make an intro post on the 2010/11 GT500 forum with some pics after I take better ones. I'll post this one album here though, showing the car sitting on the showroom floor at Crowley Ford in Plainville, CT (great dealership BTW). The grabber blue sat there from December until I took it this Monday. my GT500

When there is other stuff than foreign crap to buy. Thats the biggest problem. Are economy is in the pits because we don't manufacture anything except cars, planes, and houses anymore. The rest is service based. When the base fails so does the rest. As more people lose jobs the less they have to spend on services. American companies can't afford to compete and American's don't have the jobs/income to pay the extra anymore.

Respectfully,

Roger

Nix the planes being built in America. Honeywell aerospace controls and displays was shipped out to Malaysia last year, and now engines and apu's are being outsourced to mexico and the czech republic as we speak. All operations will be out of America by 2011.

I have lost six engineering positions to six different countries in the last ten years.

Nix the planes being built in America. Honeywell aerospace controls and displays was shipped out to Malaysia last year, and now engines and apu's are being outsourced to mexico and the czech republic as we speak. All operations will be out of America by 2011.

I have lost six engineering positions to six different countries in the last ten years.

The only thing we export now are Jobs!

Thank you for the warm welcome SVT NAJA! Owning an Audi was certainly a brutal experience for me from a reliability stand point (for example, the power steering failed twice within 80,000 miles, which is a joke). Although I did buy an early build, first year model which may have had a lot to do with it. And the labor rate premium did not any way translate to the Audi mechanic being any better than the next guy (IMHO). The hype and money spent was not worth it. Definitely feels like this car has better quality and certainly more value (not to mention it feels awesome to buy an American car when our economy is in the dog house). One last thing I'll mention, the limited # of dealerships gives them more leverage. Now I have three times as many dealerships to choose from!

I'll have to make an intro post on the 2010/11 GT500 forum with some pics after I take better ones. I'll post this one album here though, showing the car sitting on the showroom floor at Crowley Ford in Plainville, CT (great dealership BTW). The grabber blue sat there from December until I took it this Monday. my GT500

My wife needed a new car in 2008 and was looking at the Audi A4.......she was all set to buy one until I took her to the local Ford dealer and she drove a 2009 Mustang GT.

She loved the Mustang so much we never talked about the Audi again...........she now drives a 2008 Shelby GT as her daily driver........and loves it.

:happy feet:

They are built in the same plant....AAI ...Auto Alliance.........its an alliance between Ford and Mazda.

The Mazda 6 is built on the SAME line as the mustang......at the same time........

What I saw at AAI was two lines one for Mazda & another line for the Mustang. They are not built on the same line but are side by each.

Archived