TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Removing Front clip help

mustanggt500

I saw some place instructions to remove the front clip to install the Shelby heat exchanger. I have looked for this and cannot find it now. Im going out to the garage to install the pulleys and throttle body then flash the new tune. If anyone can find a good write up for removing the front clip and/or putting in the new exchanger I would greatly appreciate it because I have ran out of patience looking for it.

Will be back in a bit after I finish these two mods and hopefully someone has better looking for stuff luck than me. :banghead:

Nic

I know there's one floating around here. I did mine myself and it was a piece of cake....once I realized that I had the foam behind the bumper on upside down when I went to put it back together!!

I saw some place instructions to remove the front clip to install the Shelby heat exchanger. I have looked for this and cannot find it now. Im going out to the garage to install the pulleys and throttle body then flash the new tune. If anyone can find a good write up for removing the front clip and/or putting in the new exchanger I would greatly appreciate it because I have ran out of patience looking for it.

Will be back in a bit after I finish these two mods and hopefully someone has better looking for stuff luck than me. :banghead:

Nic

The 2010's are a bit different, here is a one I did and it shows how to get the clip off: Link to front clip removal

HOT DOG!!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

*THAT* is the exact one I was looking for! Your the man Magilla12! Shelby over nighted my dual HE yesterday and should be here today at about 1030. Get that put in, flash my computer with the new tune and the car will be done for now. Sadly, I still can't drive it. No title = no registration = no driving. $50k+ paper weight sitting in my garage :censored::rant2:

Nic

HOT DOG!!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

*THAT* is the exact one I was looking for! Your the man Magilla12! Shelby over nighted my dual HE yesterday and should be here today at about 1030. Get that put in, flash my computer with the new tune and the car will be done for now. Sadly, I still can't drive it. No title = no registration = no driving. $50k+ paper weight sitting in my garage :censored::rant2:

Nic

At least here in Ga you can drive around for a month with just the invoice detalis from the dealer and a driver drive out tag.If your insurance will give you insurance,then all youd be risking would be a ticket--wearyour miltary het,and you should be good to go--maybe that isnt true on Left COast though---bob

At least here in Ga you can drive around for a month with just the invoice detalis from the dealer and a driver drive out tag.If your insurance will give you insurance,then all youd be risking would be a ticket--wearyour miltary het,and you should be good to go--maybe that isnt true on Left COast though---bob

Unfortunatly I do not have a single stitch of anything. By all rights, I can't prove a single letter in the alphabet that I own the car. I mean i literally do not have a single piece of paper aside from window sticker. And to get on a military installation you need registration or temp registration insurance and license. So it sits at home while I drive my wifes truck to work, again, still....... :censored: Then I get home, and it sits in the garage......more..... :rant2: Then to top things off, I am leaving country again in a couple days. :cry: And wont have but a couple miles on the BRAND NEW car. VERY not cool. Should have left my daggon 68 Camaro registered and insured, least I would have a muscle car to drive around in then.

Nic

there is also a couple diiferent ways to do the fan wiring if you want your fans to run when the key is turned on or you can have them come on when the pump comes on thermostatically .on by the key is done by removing a relay and installing a fuse if you would like to use this method just ask and i will post some pictures for you .also dont forget you will need some extra ford coolant for the bigger heat exchanger.

Unfortunatly I do not have a single stitch of anything. By all rights, I can't prove a single letter in the alphabet that I own the car. I mean i literally do not have a single piece of paper aside from window sticker. And to get on a military installation you need registration or temp registration insurance and license. So it sits at home while I drive my wifes truck to work, again, still....... :censored: Then I get home, and it sits in the garage......more..... :rant2: Then to top things off, I am leaving country again in a couple days. :cry: And wont have but a couple miles on the BRAND NEW car. VERY not cool. Should have left my daggon 68 Camaro registered and insured, least I would have a muscle car to drive around in then.

Nic

MM should be able to FedEx a receipt to you for the deal I would think.It did take Ga 6 weeks to get me my reg/title,but he sent me another set of drive out tags

This helped me too magilla12! Cheers! :tequila: I am just finishing up the install of the AFCO HE and thought I might add that reply/thread #30 in your install post is the critical part to know about for the 2010's. I should have taken a close up of these brackets so all could see how the cover snaps in and how best to remove. When I removed the cover the first time one of the small clips on the driver's side bracket broke off! Not good! Thankfully, it was easy to remove the bracket and I went to the local dealership and they ordered me a new one for $35 and I had it the next day. Hmmm, I might still have the broken one laying around for pic. I'll check.

DaFreak

Glad to help, have fun with the install.

Okay I am flat busted stuck and my blood pressure is going up rapidly because everybody is closed on Sundays. My car is an explosion of parts all over my garage and I am ready to put it back together with this new awesome Dual Pass Heat Exchanger w/ Dual Puller Fans from Shelby and unless I am missing the obvious I am stuck.

Problem -

I go to put the pump onto the new exchanger where the two pre mounted bolts are and even with the spacers that were provided it will not fit. The down tube hits the fan housing, and not by a little bit, the entire fan housing would have to come off for this pump to go on and that tube clear it. If there were two spacers it would JUST BARELY clear the fan housing and even then I dont know if it would clear it with the hose on. To add to that, with two spacers on the bolt mounted on the HE, there is maybe a thread, possibly two, sticking past the pump bracket so its not even an option. I am at a total loss on what to do. Realistically the way I view it, the HE bolt for the pump needs to be about 1/2 inch longer and i need more spacers than what was provided, not a big deal you can make/buy those local at any hardware store. But the HE bolt not being long enough is not a fixable problem that I am aware of.

So now what? I am not going to put my car back together just to take it apart later, and I have no idea what the fix to this is going to be.... I don't even want to think about having to box this all back up, ship it back to Shelby and wait for a new one or whatever they tell me the fix is going to be.....

Damn I am so mad.

Nic

k, panic attack looks like it might be averted. After looking at Magilla12's pictures it looks like we have the exact same HE kit aside from mine saying Shelby on it and his saying CR. Re looked the pump and the "bracket" that holds it to the HE is a metal bracket for the bolt holes and a rubber housing that goes around the pump. The rubber housing is on the pump like no tomorrow, but after a LOT of coaxing i got it off of the pump and rotated the pump about 6 or 8 degrees and put it back in the rubber housing. Test fit it back on the HE and the down tub now has the clearance to miss the fan shroud.

Turning out to be a much longer task than i expected but sure am learning A LOT about how our cars are put together. So, on that note, back to the garage to see if i can get this all re installed and put all this new wiring in.

Nic

Archived