TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Autograph Sticker

SSGT500

While on vacation last week, I saw a display area containing a Cobra replica and a Harley. As I approached it, the pitchman asked me if I would like to buy a raffle ticket to win them. He said the drawing was sponsored by a charitable group, Bikers Against Drunk Driving. I asked him if it was a genuine Cobra. He replied "yes". "Made by Shelby in Las Vegas?" I questioned. "Made by Lone Star in Texas" he replied. I then noticed what looked like Carroll's signature on the windshield. When I asked whose signature it was, the pitchman said it was Carroll's. I didn't think that Carroll would sign a kit car, other than the manufacturers that meet his approval and have a license agreement. Another pitchman told me the signature was actually a sticker that had been given to the charity. I was surprised because I never knew that such stickers existed.

th_DSCN1503.jpg

While on vacation last week, I saw a display area containing a Cobra replica and a Harley. As I approached it, the pitchman asked me if I would like to buy a raffle ticket to win them. He said the drawing was sponsored by a charitable group, Bikers Against Drunk Driving. I asked him if it was a genuine Cobra. He replied "yes". "Made by Shelby in Las Vegas?" I questioned. "Made by Lone Star in Texas" he replied. I then noticed what looked like Carroll's signature on the windshield. When I asked whose signature it was, the pitchman said it was Carroll's. I didn't think that Carroll would sign a kit car, other than the manufacturers that meet his approval and have a license agreement. Another pitchman told me the signature was actually a sticker that had been given to the charity. I was surprised because I never knew that such stickers existed.

th_DSCN1503.jpg

Well their website gives almost zero info on the "Cobra". http://www.baddcentral.com/contest/contest.html

Don't know much about the decal except that I doubt Shelby Licensing would give away a signature decal to be applied to the windshield. The location of that decal is illegal in all 50 states.

Seems to be a decent charity raffle but my guess is the pitchman was saying what it took to get ticket sales and didn't have the "Cobra" details correct.

Steve

Check these out........These are Graphics that are part of the Licensed & Authorized Tribute Edition Shelby Kits when they were produced.

At the Shelby Bash, they were selling vinyl Carroll Shelby/ Social Director stickers small and large. I picked up a large one and two small ones for the fenders. Well, what to do with the large one? For eveyone who wishes they could have their dash signed and knows it's almost impossible. It looks great and I tell everyone it's vinyl anyway as if you couldn't tell.

At the Shelby Bash, they were selling vinyl Carroll Shelby/ Social Director stickers small and large. I picked up a large one and two small ones for the fenders. Well, what to do with the large one? For eveyone who wishes they could have their dash signed and knows it's almost impossible. It looks great and I tell everyone it's vinyl anyway as if you couldn't tell.

I saw some of these black signature vinyl stickers last year on one of the Shelby's displayed at the NASCAR race at Las Vegas. Does anyone know where they can be bought? I have not had any luck finding them.

The location of that decal is illegal in all 50 states.

Steve

Steve,

What makes you say that the location of that decal is illegal in all 50 states??? I live in Texas and was a law enforcement officer for 30 years and the is nothing in Texas law that prohibits something like that on the windshield in that location...Texas Registration and Inspection sticker goes on the driver's side lower left of the windshield...I have my Team Shelby Cling and Mustang Club of America sticker on the inside of the passenger side windwhield...as a matter of fact, MCA recommends the lower right side of the front windshield for the placement of their decal for judging purposes...

Carl

Steve,

What makes you say that the location of that decal is illegal in all 50 states??? I live in Texas and was a law enforcement officer for 30 years and the is nothing in Texas law that prohibits something like that on the windshield in that location...Texas Registration and Inspection sticker goes on the driver's side lower left of the windshield...I have my Team Shelby Cling and Mustang Club of America sticker on the inside of the passenger side windwhield...as a matter of fact, MCA recommends the lower right side of the front windshield for the placement of their decal for judging purposes...

Carl

Have to agree with Carl. All Mercedes come from the factory with the Daimler Benz sticker on the lower right of the windshield. Doubt that would be the case it it were illegal.

• 1 month later...

th_DSCN1503.jpg

This is weird! I was just searching to find out where to find a replacement sticker cause I'm the lucky bastard who won the car and bike. The y is missing in Shelby. Can't find this decal anywhere. I was in Key West from Feb 14th to the 24th, and must have stepped in something. This car is a beast!

This is weird! I was just searching to find out where to find a replacement sticker cause I'm the lucky bastard who won the car and bike. The y is missing in Shelby. Can't find this decal anywhere. I was in Key West from Feb 14th to the 24th, and must have stepped in something. This car is a beast!

Congrats on the Win......Post up some Pics of your Prize please.

A question on the cobra and cycle, where did you see them at last week. I saw them in Key West last Jan. and bought raffle tickets. Thought they were given away during Daytona bike week. Maybe I could still win the raffle?

Archived