TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lone Star--Track Guys at Texas World Speedway

Dellcobra

Come join us for our 9th year at TWS and the Lone Star Roundup.

Dates are March 27 and 28.

Registration is open at www.trackguys.motorsportreg.com

Cost is $315 for two days ofn on track fun.

If you have any questions send me at email to dellcobra@yahoo.com

See you on track

Dell

• 11 months later...

So what kind of program is it please? Safety equipment required, or tecnical modifications, street stock? A little more info please. Same weekend as the Texas Mile and closer to home.

Thanks,

Les

I did this event last year and will probably do it again this year so I can answer some of those questions. I doubt Dell will be back to update this thread since he posted it last year.

It's an open track event open to any kind of car(afaik). Last year I saw mustangs, vettes, vipers, gto's, gtr's , you name it. Stock, race, it doesn't matter...run what ya brung. As far as equipment all you really need is a SA2000 or SA2005 approved helmet(They usually have extras so if you don't have one and want to try you can). Last year they ran 4 groups(I think). 1,2,3, 4&5 ran together. TWS is a blast and it is a FAST track. I see you're in Little Rock so let me know if you want to go down there together.

-Brian

So what kind of program is it please? Safety equipment required, or tecnical modifications, street stock? A little more info please. Same weekend as the Texas Mile and closer to home.

Thanks,

Les

Thanks for the interest. The Team Shelby/Track Guys TWS event (and the following event at Sebring) are what are commonly called "open track" events. Both TWS and Sebring are big tracks with long straights and open curves/turns. They are both a lot of fun for either a novice or an experienced driver.

What sets Team Shelby/Track Guys apart is the quality of instruction provided to novice drivers. We put a great instructor in the car with EVERY novice until they are ready to go it alone. This allows everyone to fully enjoy their track time as a learning experience which is exactly what it is supposed to be. We also offer instructors for those who are not familiar with a particular track or those wanting to brush up on particular needs. As another post noted we generally run two novice groups, one advance and one instructor/race prepared group. Each run group goes out for a 15 minute long session. We try to get everyone on the track for two am and two pm run groups each day. The novice groups also have some class room instruction.

Safety equipment required includes a currently rated automotive helmet which should have a SA 2000 sticker or newer on it (I think, 2005 certification requirement is close at hand), long pants, closed toe shoes, and a long sleeve shirt. Cotton fabrics are suggested. We have loaner helmets for those who need them. MOTORCYCLE HELMETS (WHICH HAVE AN "M" RATING) ARE NOT ALLOWED BY INSURANCE AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS.

"Street stock" is fine. Everything mechanical needs to be in good condition. If you haven't flushed your brake fluid lately that needs to be done. A good quality high temperature rated brake fluid is cheap insurance for every track car and especially important on GT 500's.

Other activities include a meet and greet/tech inspection on Friday evening, a dinner at the track on Saturday and lunch time parade laps for those who just want to take passengers out around the track. We are very excited to be working with Team Shelby again and look forward to special opportunities that they can provide to participants at the events. This arrangement has just been worked out and more details will be coming as soon as they can be finalized. Hope to see you there.

What sets Team Shelby/Track Guys apart is the quality of instruction provided to novice drivers. We put a great instructor in the car with EVERY novice until they are ready to go it alone. This allows everyone to fully enjoy their track time as a learning experience which is exactly what it is supposed to be. We also offer instructors for those who are not familiar with a particular track or those wanting to brush up on particular needs. As another post noted we generally run two novice groups, one advance and one instructor/race prepared group. Each run group goes out for a 15 minute long session. We try to get everyone on the track for two am and two pm run groups each day. The novice groups also have some class room instruction.

To anyone who is planning on attending Sebring or Texas, you'll appreciate the above. When TS did driving events with Track Guys back a few years ago, we had a lot of people leave knowing and understanding on how to drive their Shelby or Mustang.

Greetings from Track Guys!

We're still working on finalizing our schedule, but here are some event dates that are already locked in.

Texas World Speedway, March 26 & 27

Sebring International Raceway, May 28 & 29

Putnam Park Road Course, Sept 10 & 11

As in the past, we'll be taking registration for all our events at http://www.trackguys.motorsportreg.com

For those of you who aren't familiar with our Track Guys programs, here are the basics:

* Safety, safety safety!

* SA-rated helmets (SA00 OR SA05)... NO M-RATED HELMETS

* Four run group format (Beginner, Novice, Intermediate & Advanced)

* MANDATORY Driver's Meeting

* Mandatory classroom sessions for Beginner and Novice students

* In-car instructors for Beginner & Novice (and anyone else who wants a ride-along coach)

* Designated passing zones - EVERYONE drives by the same rules!

Never been on track before? Don't worry about it... as long as you have a safe, reliable car, an SA-rated helmet and the attitude and ability to LEARN as much as you can about performance driving, you'll have a GREAT time and have a lot of fun at the same time.

It's important to know: these events ARE NOT RACING events. They are performance driving education events and any "racing" actions on the track will not be tolerated.

For those of you who have run with us in the past (both drivers and instructors), thank you and we look forward to seeing you on track with us in 2011! :shift:

Jeff Lacina

Track Guys Guy

http://www.trackguys.com

I ran this track clockwise in 2010 at Viper Days and it is a blast. I did it in my GT500KR, and the instructor and a Viper racer/owner/dealer also took it around the track. They were both extremely amazed at how it held the track and how fast it could take the turns even with stock tires. Can't wait to do it counterclockwise. If you've never been to Texas World Speedway, by all means go if you have any way to get there. You will love this track. Don

• 1 month later...

We'll see you all there on Saturday, the wife and I will be with sponsors of the event, Latemodel Restoration Supply, look for us in an Anniversary GT350 drop top.

Jeff

Well I'm very sad that I will not be able to make this event this year. I sold my diesel in hopes of getting the new F150 ecoboost, but it has not hit the dealership lots yet. As such, I have no way of towing my car right now. I'm just hoping I can make the mid america event now. :(

Archived