TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HELP!! what tape or protection can i use to cover up my car from salt and snow?!?!

Left_Ya_Shook

You just looking to bring it back from dealer? Or are you going to be driving on a daily basis? If you are just worried about chips in the paint then easiest thing you can do is just not tailgate anyone. Or if you have a something to pull a trailer, rent you a car hauler and tow it home. I rented one from Uhaul for under $60. And it was the drive on style not the front wheel dolly.

But if you are looking for long term protection then from what I have heard the ClearBra is top notch.

As far as the salt, just give it a good wash down after driving. I had a '91 GTA that had a few Michigan winters and had zero rust when I sold it. Nothing beats good care.

post-25617-126634569478_thumb.jpg

post-25617-126634569478_thumb.jpg

If you are just worried about chips in the paint then easiest thing you can do is just not tailgate anyone.

This is my practice now too, Tdusseau. Amazing that all these months later and my car is as perfect as the day I brought it home. Just a bit of attention to leaving room between you and the car in front of you.

The nose on my previous car looked like the surface of the moon! AHH!

im just worried about the ride back from the dealership we just got hit by another snow storm so thiers a lot of pebles on the road i dont want to come home with chips in the front bumper i didnt kno where i could get that tape i saw people use when they went on long trips to protect from bugs and other objects i think it was a blue tape?

im just worried about the ride back from the dealership we just got hit by another snow storm so thiers a lot of pebles on the road i dont want to come home with chips in the front bumper i didnt kno where i could get that tape i saw people use when they went on long trips to protect from bugs and other objects i think it was a blue tape?

Left Ya Shook: That blue tape you're referring to is painters tape that you can get at any hardware store. Its like masking tape, but isn't hard to remove when you are ready to remove it. You could buy a 3" roll and use that. Don't know how much protection it provides against pebbles etc.

Would the dealer have anything that you could use? I know that cars have some wrap on them when delivered...maybe they have some laying around for you to use? I don't know..just a thought.

Would the dealer have anything that you could use? I know that cars have some wrap on them when delivered...maybe they have some laying around for you to use? I don't know..just a thought.

maybe some of that clear moving tape they use to wrap boxes in--it comes in very long rolls, and is at least 18 in wide.Not sure though that ANy tape will protect against rocks if it hits your car thats going 50/60 miles/hr.IMHO id use the U Haul trailer instead.If you do drive it, make sure to wash the inderneath to get the salt off it as well under the car

Left_Ya_Shook

Here ya go my friend. This is how I got mine home.

post-25617-126635759795_thumb.jpg

Total cost was around $60. If you decide to go this route make sure you get a couple pieces of 2x12 about 2' long so you dont scrape going up the ramp. Might not need depending on how the loading area is.

Todd

Left_Ya_Shook

Here ya go my friend. This is how I got mine home.

Total cost was around $60. If you decide to go this route make sure you get a couple pieces of 2x12 about 2' long so you dont scrape going up the ramp. Might not need depending on how the loading area is.

Todd

+1 on Todds idea.If you do tow,and havent towed before,rememer the car doing the towing has to weigh more then the total weight of the towed vehicle and trailer--if not you run the risk of flipping the car if the trailer starts swining on you during the drive,So either rent a truck and the trailer,or use an SUV

Here you go....................I used this stuff to get my baby home safe, works great http://www.buyroadwrap.com/

great idea, I have some of this at home, never used it though.

Stone chips occur on the highway and despite what some think, you can still get them even if you do not tailgate particular when in the winter when there is lots of salt and rocks on the road ways to get tossed up on your car.

Stay off the highways if you can but use road wrap on a clean surface to cover the front,

Archived