TEAM SHELBY FORUM

a little help

hello well first of all i am a newbie i just oredered a gt shelby 500. put a deposit the dealer told it will be ready around jul-sept. i was just wondering does this sound right does it usually take this long?sorry for the dumb question like i said i never ordered a car of this caliber and just needed some info. it is a grabber blue with white stripes svt package white stripes on the interioir. just wondering if i did the right thing by placing a deposit and them telling me it will be ready the dealer been very helpful and talks to me quite freqeuntly .if any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated. i guess i tried giving the money now but they said wait til it gets delivered my main concern is what do i do now thanks again for help

hello well first of all i am a newbie i just oredered a gt shelby 500. put a deposit the dealer told it will be ready around jul-sept. i was just wondering does this sound right does it usually take this long?sorry for the dumb question like i said i never ordered a car of this caliber and just needed some info. it is a grabber blue with white stripes svt package white stripes on the interioir. just wondering if i did the right thing by placing a deposit and them telling me it will be ready the dealer been very helpful and talks to me quite freqeuntly .if any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated. i guess i tried giving the money now but they said wait til it gets delivered my main concern is what do i do now thanks again for help

Since you special ordered it, it may take that long. Putting a Deposit down is good. As long as they did not charge you an ADM (Additional Dealer Markup) then you did ok.

Im not sure when Job 1 starts (the beginning of production) for the 2011 model year....

but I dont think its till May or June........so delivery in July to Sept sounds about right.

I would contact Michael Morris (that his name and his screen name) on this site.

He is a very trustworthy Ford dealer that many on this site have bought cars from

and Im sure you can answer any questions you might have.

He also loves that I volunteer him for this sort of thing constantly! :salute:

And welcome to the site!

I ordered my 2010 in Mar 2009 and took delivery in Aug, but its weird on how they allocate in that some people who ordered after me got their before me. It was a long wait, but if I waited until now I could have had a choice between a 2010 and 2011, so your almost better off waiting.

Hello and welcome to Team Shelby...It sounds right, you will probably receive the car around the end of July.....You will not regret your purchase.....in the mean time start thinking about your mods on the car...

If you have any questions, just ask...

Be well,

Alexandros

thank all to reponding so quickly and yes i am on pins and needles i am very excited looking forwards towards some mods not exactly where to go maybe some interior at first or exterioir and then some performance stuff

Welcome aboard and to the longest summer of your life ,but it will be worth the wait!! Good luck with everything

sounds like it will be a nice car

Welcome aboard and to the longest summer of your life ,but it will be worth the wait!! Good luck with everything

sounds like it will be a nice car

oh yeah, I forgot to mention that.......when you are waiting for a Shelby......

each day is like 5 days................SORRY!

Its worth the wait though, definately! :happy feet:

Archived