TEAM SHELBY FORUM

4th Revision - The new revised Clutch TSB 10-3-8

Grabber

Brandon, the flywheel is covered on the power train warranty. It warped due to the fact that it is made out of nodular iron. Ford knows that they made a faulty part and the new one shown in the TSB is made out of 4100 series steel and it dissipates heat much better and does not warp. The flywheel is the root of the problem and took the other parts out. Don't let them tell you otherwise. The clutch is swear item....but it went out because of a part that is not a wear item...the flywheel.

Edited by Grabber

Brandon, the flywheel is covered on the power train warranty. It warped due to the fact that it is made out of nodular iron. Ford knows that they made a faulty part and the new one shown in the TSB is made out of 4100 series steel and it dissipates heat much better and does not warp. The flywheel is the root of the problem and took the other parts out. Don't let them tell you otherwise. The clutch is swear item....but it went out because of a part that is not a wear item...the flywheel.

Edited by Grabber

On the phone with Fords customer service...what a joke! Sorry sir, we dont know your driving habits....youre right you dont, but you do know that the flywheel is warped due to the inadequate way it was built, that is why Ford updated it and the reason my clutch needs replaced is due to the warped flywheel.....please hold sir. Sir, you do know the TSB is not a warranty right? The reason your flywheel is warped is due to your clutch..WTF are you talking about ( no I didnt say that). Sir I dont show any warranty on your car either so whay are you complaining....ARRRGHHHHHH. Im growing very frustrated because Id rather have not even called them, Id wanted to work with the Service manager but was told by their service writer to call and start this complaint. What should I do???

On the phone with Fords customer service...what a joke! Sorry sir, we dont know your driving habits....youre right you dont, but you do know that the flywheel is warped due to the inadequate way it was built, that is why Ford updated it and the reason my clutch needs replaced is due to the warped flywheel.....please hold sir. Sir, you do know the TSB is not a warranty right? The reason your flywheel is warped is due to your clutch..WTF are you talking about ( no I didnt say that). Sir I dont show any warranty on your car either so whay are you complaining....ARRRGHHHHHH. Im growing very frustrated because Id rather have not even called them, Id wanted to work with the Service manager but was told by their service writer to call and start this complaint. What should I do???

Maybe go to another dealer would be best. Find one that will go to bat for you. They are out there.

Ok, dealership called me back. They are going to cover the cost of the Flywheel. I'm paying for the clutch and slave cylinder as well as half an hour of labor. I'm ok with this. My car has 54K on the odometer so my clutch has some mileage on it, I thought o going with a Soec or McLeod but I can not justify it when I'm thinking of a 2013/2014 in my future.

Ok, dealership called me back. They are going to cover the cost of the Flywheel. I'm paying for the clutch and slave cylinder as well as half an hour of labor. I'm ok with this. My car has 54K on the odometer so my clutch has some mileage on it, I thought o going with a Soec or McLeod but I can not justify it when I'm thinking of a 2013/2014 in my future.

It is a 4 hour job to do the clutch. The tranny work is another 4 hours. At least you are only having to pay for a half hour labor.

Here are the Part numbers they gave me:

1 Foar3z-7a508a-cylinder ass.....Slave Cylinder

1 Foar3z-7a512-a tube.....Hydraulic lines

1 FO-N808969-s100 bolt

1 FOF6zz-6379-aa bolt hex

1 FOAR3z-7100Ab gear MAINSHAFT...1st

1 FO7R3Z-702-A GEAR MAINSHAFT....cant find the info here either

1 FOAR3Z-6375-A FLYWHEEL ASSEMBLY.....The flywheel

1 FO9R3Z-7C391-B CLUTCH KIT..........Im not locating this part but i believe it is a comlete trans kit that includes synchros and bearings

1 FOXG-8 LUBRICANT-TE N

1 FOXT-5-QM FLUID TRANSM

1 FOPM-1-C GREASE-CHASS

1 FOTA-30 SEALANT SIL N

1 FOTA 25 ADHESIVE

1FOF6ZZ-7600-A SLEEVE.....This is the pilot bearing

2 FO1R3Z-7052-AA SEAL ASY-OIL

2 FOCR3Z-7B546-A CLUTCH KIT N....The actual clutch assembly

I hope this list is complete. If you see something that is missing or that I need to questioin them over please let me know

Edited by bumplime

Here are the Part numbers they gave me:

1 Foar3z-7a508a-cylinder ass.....Slave Cylinder

1 Foar3z-7a512-a tube.....Hydraulic lines

1 FO-N808969-s100 bolt

1 FOF6zz-6379-aa bolt hex

1 FOAR3z-7100Ab gear MAINSHAFT...1st

1 FO7R3Z-702-A GEAR MAINSHAFT....cant find the info here either

1 FOAR3Z-6375-A FLYWHEEL ASSEMBLY.....The flywheel

1 FO9R3Z-7C391-B CLUTCH KIT..........Im not locating this part but i believe it is a comlete trans kit that includes synchros and bearings

1 FOXG-8 LUBRICANT-TE N

1 FOXT-5-QM FLUID TRANSM

1 FOPM-1-C GREASE-CHASS

1 FOTA-30 SEALANT SIL N

1 FOTA 25 ADHESIVE

1FOF6ZZ-7600-A SLEEVE.....This is the pilot bearing

2 FO1R3Z-7052-AA SEAL ASY-OIL

2 FOCR3Z-7B546-A CLUTCH KIT N....The actual clutch assembly

I hope this list is complete. If you see something that is missing or that I need to questioin them over please let me know

Here are my part numbers for you to compare. take note of the tranny parts, especially the parts that came in the kit.

TUET5800Trannyrebuild031.jpg

TUET5800Trannyrebuild010.jpg

TUET5800Trannyrebuild017.jpg

These are the tranny parts you are going to need. It came in a Kit.

Flywheelinstallation060.jpg

Flywheelinstallation061.jpg

Flywheelinstallation062.jpg

Flywheelinstallation063.jpg

Flywheelinstallation064.jpg

Flywheelinstallation065.jpg

If we had one of the older tsb's performed can we go back for the latest version? I think I had the second version back in early 2010.

If your having problems you could. If it is preforming with out the symptoms, then no.

Hi all!

Just wanted to say thank you for all of your help! If it wasn't for this website, we would have had to pay out of pocket to replace the clutch in our 07 GT500. We made it in just under the wire for the 07's, but for anyone having the same problem, we followed Grabber's guidelines for contacting the dealership and had no problems. Grabber, you are a genius, and a fantastic human being. Anytime you need a favor, let us know, you saved us $3K.

Here's what we learned from this experience:

1. Ford Customer Care doesn't have any of the information on this problem, they just told us the clutch was not covered under power train warranty.

2. Calling the dealership doesn't work, we were told over the phone that this repair is not covered under the power train warranty.

3. Following Grabber's guidelines worked like a charm! Kevin learned and memorized them, when he spoke with the service manager at the dealership, he impressed him with the amount of knowledge he brought to the table. The service manager then told the tech that "Kevin knew his stuff". When the tech verified the symptoms fit the TSB, the service manager called the Ford Hotline, and got the repair approved under warranty within 2 hours. The entire time Kevin was treated courteously and never felt that the dealership was trying to find a way to not repair the problem. It was a good experience with this dealership.

4. It took them a few days, as they had to order a new alignment tool (the old one was plastic and did not last), but today we picked up the GT500 from the dealership and it shifts great.

5. Just for some moral support, before Kevin went into the dealership for the first time, we called and spoke with Leonard at Galpin Ford in California, We got his name and phone number (818-787-3800 x2130) from another post. He was fantastic, called us back within 5 minutes of us leaving him a voice mail. He didn't know any dealerships in the Seattle area who were performing the recalls, talked to Kevin for a few minutes about what the problem was (which we already knew from Grabber's guidelines, but it was still nice to hear), and wished us luck. If we'd been within 10 hours of Galpin, we would have gone there.

6. If we hadn't had luck with this dealership, we were planning on trying a few more before giving up. We had until the end of June for the 5 years to be up on the warranty.

This happy ending is due DIRECTLY to Grabber. Thank you for everything!

Best of luck,

Amanda & Kevin

Hi all!

Just wanted to say thank you for all of your help! If it wasn't for this website, we would have had to pay out of pocket to replace the clutch in our 07 GT500. We made it in just under the wire for the 07's, but for anyone having the same problem, we followed Grabber's guidelines for contacting the dealership and had no problems. Grabber, you are a genius, and a fantastic human being. Anytime you need a favor, let us know, you saved us $3K.

Here's what we learned from this experience:

1. Ford Customer Care doesn't have any of the information on this problem, they just told us the clutch was not covered under power train warranty.

2. Calling the dealership doesn't work, we were told over the phone that this repair is not covered under the power train warranty.

3. Following Grabber's guidelines worked like a charm! Kevin learned and memorized them, when he spoke with the service manager at the dealership, he impressed him with the amount of knowledge he brought to the table. The service manager then told the tech that "Kevin knew his stuff". When the tech verified the symptoms fit the TSB, the service manager called the Ford Hotline, and got the repair approved under warranty within 2 hours. The entire time Kevin was treated courteously and never felt that the dealership was trying to find a way to not repair the problem. It was a good experience with this dealership.

4. It took them a few days, as they had to order a new alignment tool (the old one was plastic and did not last), but today we picked up the GT500 from the dealership and it shifts great.

5. Just for some moral support, before Kevin went into the dealership for the first time, we called and spoke with Leonard at Galpin Ford in California, We got his name and phone number (818-787-3800 x2130) from another post. He was fantastic, called us back within 5 minutes of us leaving him a voice mail. He didn't know any dealerships in the Seattle area who were performing the recalls, talked to Kevin for a few minutes about what the problem was (which we already knew from Grabber's guidelines, but it was still nice to hear), and wished us luck. If we'd been within 10 hours of Galpin, we would have gone there.

6. If we hadn't had luck with this dealership, we were planning on trying a few more before giving up. We had until the end of June for the 5 years to be up on the warranty.

This happy ending is due DIRECTLY to Grabber. Thank you for everything!

Best of luck,

Amanda & Kevin

These kind of endings are so good to hear. You made my day Amanda. B) I enjoyed talking to your husband last month and look forward to meeting him at the Meet and Greet in May. I told you husband that studying the material and being armed with knowledge will help him sell his repair....and you guys are proof that my theory works. Congrats. happy%20feet.gif

UPDATE: got my car back today, after being told it could be up to two weeks. Yeeehaww!!! Great weather today so I actually got to drive it.

The clutch feels 100% different. I use to have what felt like a clutch in a 72 Chevy 4x4. Today I feel barely any resistance when pressing the clutch petal. It's actually a tad awkward. Almost feels like nothing is there. The engagement is smooth and very narrow, which I like.

I'll tip my hat to Mike S @ Skyline Ford in Salem Oregon for his help. This could have been a lot more difficult for me than it was. My car has 54K on it but he did not raise one issue. The service writer was a bit different but he to was helpful.

I am a little nervouse over the super soft feel and what seems like a narrow are of engagement but it could help me when racing:). Thanks to Rob ad everyone else who have posted their info and experiences I was pretty confident I would be successful in getting my problems fixed.

If your having problems you could. If it is preforming with out the symptoms, then no.

Seems the same as before they did it.

I still have the hiss

Sometimes 2nd wont go into gear

Now have have an awful chatter when in N but once I engage the clutch the chatter stops. I can feel the chatter in the shifter as well?

Only have 1k miles or so since the tsb was done in 2010 but do have a tvs and long tubes now will that make any difference?

Another Update: My car is headed back in for repair. The clutch started slipping like carzy. Driving uphill it starts to rev hard while not accelerating. Try to accelerate even somewhat hard and it just revs, then it hooks up...you can actually hear it slipping, kind of like a loud whine

• 1 month later...

Mine is in the shop now getting the new clutch and flwheel.My build date was 10/08,thought that was suppose to have the updated fltwheel in it.I have 12,800 miles on the car and it's not driven hard but yet the clutch was sliping when you gave it the gas to beat the yellow light.Since the latest tsb with the addition of a slave cylinder tells me that might be the cause of the problem.Anyones opinion?

Mine is in the shop now getting the new clutch and flwheel.My build date was 10/08,thought that was suppose to have the updated fltwheel in it.I have 12,800 miles on the car and it's not driven hard but yet the clutch was sliping when you gave it the gas to beat the yellow light.Since the latest tsb with the addition of a slave cylinder tells me that might be the cause of the problem.Anyones opinion?

Your build date has the 3rd TSB parts in it and I'm not sure why your ceramic disc clutch and 5100 series steel flywheel has failed. I have seen this happen to a few people here. Is your car modified with a different Super Charger ? The 4th revision TSB will put the 2010 organic padded duel twin disc big clutch in your car and a totally different flywheel in the car. The replacement of the slave is a precaution and easy to do when the tranny is out.

You are going to like the new set up. I drove my wifes car and it is very easy to drive and operates very nice.

New 2010 Clutch and flywheel and Slave and hydrolic lines

025.jpg

026.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

037.jpg

039.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg