TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Personalized license plates need suggestions

sprayboy422

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had personalized plates on my cars since the early 90's and have found the best ones are those that don't have to be interpreted.....I had 5.0ZONE on my 5 liter LX convertible. I constantly had to explain it. My son's 73 Jensen Healey wears RARE1, no explaining needed, neither does my other son's Fiat Spider "82 SPY". But my favorite was one suggested by my wife--it's been on my 92 Mustang (after 5.0zone), a Sebring convertible, a PT Cruiser, and Ranger pickup. But it has never looked as good or been as appropriate as it is on our GT 500 "FLYBYU". I also like BLUBYU and FLUBYU. At least their fun until the blue lights go on behind you! I did have one lady ask me if I flew (as in an airplane) and I said no, it was just a problem with my right foot. She didn't understand that either.....I quit trying to explain at that point!

I believe there are web sites with lists and lists and lists of 6 & 7 digit examples of personalized tags.

Have fun!

I have 2009 white w/blue stripes GT500 going to get personalized plates my state only lets you have 6 letters or numbers and yes SHELBY GT500 and SNAKE are taken anybody have any good ideals? THANKS. :shift:

Depending on your state they may have a web site that will alow you to try differnet letters or numbers. sometimes it will give you an alternate to what you want by using numbers in the place of letters. such as a 4 for the letter A and so on. I kwanted IZFST for mine but it had been taken. I used the color of the car for mine. Good luck with it.

W84NO1

Pennsylvania lets you pick it online and if it is not taken you get it , it shows up on a PA plate to let you see how it looks. I submitted 08 VAPOR and got it. Waiting for the plate to arrive. We get 7 letters or numbers plus a space.

I have 2009 white w/blue stripes GT500 going to get personalized plates my state only lets you have 6 letters or numbers and yes SHELBY GT500 and SNAKE are taken anybody have any good ideals? THANKS. shift.gif

1-9SNAKE

SNAKE1-9

NOT DWI hysterical.gif

COBRA1-9

1-9COBRA

MY 500

1GT500

Man that makes my brain hurt.... GG

THANKS for all the good suggestions I'm turning in my form today with these choices on it SHELB SHELLB 09 SHLB

BLUBYU 2QK4U W84NO1 I'll post as soon as I know what i will have. Thanks agin for the help alot of good ideas the only one I didnt really understand was CS -SVT whats that mean Cailf speaical cute shelby cold snake cold steel. :hysterical2: What was it?

THANKS for all the good suggestions I'm turning in my form today with these choices on it SHELB SHELLB 09 SHLB

BLUBYU 2QK4U W84NO1 I'll post as soon as I know what i will have. Thanks agin for the help alot of good ideas the only one I didnt really understand was CS -SVT whats that mean Cailf speaical cute shelby cold snake cold steel. :hysterical2: What was it?

CS = Carroll Shelby

Such as on his logo and the cars made by his company (CSM numbers).

Phill

How about this one:

5NAKE

Archived