TEAM SHELBY FORUM

H pipe exhaust conversion

mclemente

Looking for some advice from anyone that converted stock exhaust X pipe to H pipe configuration. PHRP offers an H Pipe converstion pipe made from 304 SS. I have previously installed KR style mufflers M-5230-SA which make a huge improvement on the exhaust sound. The H pipe is supposed to be another modification that duplicates the KR muffler set up from the 2008 - 2009 KR Shelby. I wanted to ask if anyone who's made the H pipe conversion if an engine retune was required. In addtion there was someone that reported the H pipe required the addition or an O2 sensor. The PHRP product description make no reference to either the retune or O2 sensor requirement. Anyone that has performed the KR muffler and H pipe conversion or has heard the end result from someone that had done the converision, would be appreciated. Thanks

Mike

I have the H-Pipe from wes on my car.

No re-tune or sensors needed.

I love the product.

Here's my install and sound clip thread.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41998-my-h-pipe-and-kr-mufflers-sound-clip/page__view__findpost__p__874994__hl__H-Pipe__fromsearch__1

I love the product.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41998-my-h-pipe-and-kr-mufflers-sound-clip/page__view__findpost__p__874994__hl__H-Pipe__fromsearch__1

Thanks for the reply. Your step by step instructions are very well done. I'll need to give some thought to geting the Sawzall cutting. The sound clips were great. Thanks again.

Mike

I love the product.

g

Hi

One other question. Is the exhaust sound get louder after adding the H pipe to the KR mufflers? Thanks

Mike

g

Hi

One other question. Is the exhaust sound get louder after adding the H pipe to the KR mufflers? Thanks

Mike

Yes....It gave it a deeper sound. seemed to add more base and rumble to it.

When I get on it......it gets louder than with out the H-pipe.

Possibly not the right thread...but I wonder if the new 2011 exhaust includes an H pipe and KR sourced similar mufflers? The videos are hard to tell but it does sound both deeper and louder than the 2010 and their literature does say a new exhaust but doesn't exactly say how.

Archived