TEAM SHELBY FORUM

suspension dilema

breoland

i went and got the shelby upper and lower adj control arms with the race ends on them knowing that they are going to be noisy from time to time. knowing that the ends will never break, i feel like i should have waited and maybe got a poly type bushing. its mainly a sunday driver and maybe some drag time at some point in the future

should I keep them or send them back?

next i am about to pull the trigger on the rest of the suspension mods with frpp lowering springs, tokico d specs and steeda heavy duty mounts. im looking at a 1000 plus in parts and was wondering if I should just bite the bullet and get the eiback coilover kit for the fronts and rear for 1200.

what do you guys think on both questions. the reason i went with race ends is that later on down the road im hoping to have a whipple and dont want to tear any poly bushings when on a sticky dr. will the noise drive me nuts or will i not even hear it over the exhaust?

I have the Shelby UCA and LCA with race links on my V6. Trust me you will not notice it, and I have full gutted interior and radio delete and this car is my DD. Poly urethanes will only deaden the sound, but after a while they will wear away then you will have to replace them. PITA

PS. BITE THE BULLET!

You will not be disappointed with the C/O.

• 2 months later...

next i am about to pull the trigger on the rest of the suspension mods with frpp lowering springs, tokico d specs and steeda heavy duty mounts. im looking at a 1000 plus in parts and was wondering if I should just bite the bullet and get the eiback coilover kit for the fronts and rear for 1200.

Just curious what you decided on.

I'm trying to decide the same issue since the Shelby Store currently has the Eibach coilovers on sale!

The FRPP springs + Tokico's will give a non-adjustable fixed drop of 1.2/1.4" but with adjustable dampers whereas

the Eibach coilovers will give adjustable ride height but with fixed non-adjustable dampers

unless I look at Eibach's Multi-Pro-R1 ($2000) or Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers ($2400)

I went with the frpp lowering springs with steeda heavy duty mounts, tokico d specks, metco relocation bracket, shelby race end upper and lower control arms. going to do the instal soon.

from what i understand about the coilover kits is that they are kinda noisey and have a little bit more of a harder ride. so you get to adjust your hieght, there are plenty of springs out there that can give you the hight that you so desire. also if i am not mistaken, coilovers are to be maintained, the dirt gets in the threaded area.

I went with something more stock to kinda keep that sort of ride. but if you plan to go coilover, i would suggest looking at griggs. the pretty much have the best stuff out there

Archived