TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby GT Owner

Stormracer

Welcome to TS. You did get the Fastest color :dance: and a great deal. :happy feet:

The shelby group is a fun group and most informative. Nice to see another fellow team member and thier ride.

Drive on!!! :shift:

Nice Ride... And welcome to the forum...

Lots of good info and great people who have been here for a few years...

And as a Public Service Announcement... Please take the time to update your registration so that we have your particular car accounted for...

THANKS!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Yes I have dont that already, found that link earlier! Thanks all for the nice comments.

Nice Ride... And welcome to the forum...

Lots of good info and great people who have been here for a few years...

And as a Public Service Announcement... Please take the time to update your registration so that we have your particular car accounted for...

THANKS!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Keep it as is and try to keep the miles low! That is going to be tough!

Welcome to Team Shelby and may I suggest that you drive the wheels off of that thing instead of trying to keep the miles low! My 2008 SGT will be 2 years old on the 26th of this month and I'm almost to 24K miles on it...We've driven it to Florida and Colorado on vacation trips from Texas and have enjoyed every minute of it. Of course, the mod bug will hit you at some point so keeping it as it is will be out the window too...LOL

Enjoy and keep us posted on how the future mods go! I figure someone will enjoy a high mileage car somewhere down the road after I'm long gone!

Carl

Hey Carl I see your from Odessa. I used to live in Midland for a bit. I used to race karts at the WTKA track there in between the two. I bought my kart from Alan B. Not sure if you know him, he drives top fuel for BMI Racing. Well anyway I know what your saying in regards to driving the car, and I will. Just hope to keep the miles reasonable.

Welcome to Team Shelby and may I suggest that you drive the wheels off of that thing instead of trying to keep the miles low! My 2008 SGT will be 2 years old on the 26th of this month and I'm almost to 24K miles on it...We've driven it to Florida and Colorado on vacation trips from Texas and have enjoyed every minute of it. Of course, the mod bug will hit you at some point so keeping it as it is will be out the window too...LOL

Enjoy and keep us posted on how the future mods go! I figure someone will enjoy a high mileage car somewhere down the road after I'm long gone!

Carl

I live near Medford!!!

Hail and welcome to TS...I see your state is Oregon? What part of the state do you reside? I live just outside of McMinnville. There are several of us in the state. It's too bad that you ended up with the slower color. :jackinbox:

I purchased it from a local Ford Dealer, they were asking $28,900, but it had been on the lot for a bit. So I said if you want to sell it, then sell it. So within about 15 mins we got to $23,900. The driveway has not been a issue, just barely clears lol. Yes I am happy with the deal, and just love driving it.

Stormracer

Congratulations!!!

and you did get a great deal. Did you buy from a dealer or private owner?

Additionally, I guess you have to be careful going in and out of the driveway in the lowered car;)

Laurence

One thing I do want to do though is............The Silver State Classic Challenge in September as I am going to Vegas anyways for Barrett Jackson auction.

I purchased it from a local Ford Dealer, they were asking $28,900, but it had been on the lot for a bit. So I said if you want to sell it, then sell it. So within about 15 mins we got to $23,900. The driveway has not been a issue, just barely clears lol. Yes I am happy with the deal, and just love driving it.

Welcome to TS. You did get the Fastest color :dance: and a great deal. :happy feet:

The shelby group is a fun group and most informative. Nice to see another fellow team member and thier ride.

Drive on!!! :shift:

What he said!!! and remember no matter what anyone says, it's your car do what ya want, just enjoy it!!! Congrats!

and be carefull making comments about the white ones being slow, those guys are touchy.......................... :hide:

Hey Carl I see your from Odessa. I used to live in Midland for a bit. I used to race karts at the WTKA track there in between the two. I bought my kart from Alan B. Not sure if you know him, he drives top fuel for BMI Racing. Well anyway I know what your saying in regards to driving the car, and I will. Just hope to keep the miles reasonable.

Yeah, Odessa/Midland is a GREAT place to be FROM....LOL I left here in the early 80's and came back in 2006, got married to my 6th grade sweetheart and bought the Shelby GT...We're in our early 50's and our kids are going to have to fight to get the keys out of our cold dead hands when we "go flat" as Carroll says...Enjoy the car, like I said, mine is definately going to be a high mileage car when I'm done with it!

:peelout:

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

I just purchased a 2007 SGT with only 2700 miles. I got it for a good deal I like to think. I paid $23,900 for it. I have had Mustangs in the past many years ago, but always dreamed of having a Shelby.

[/url]

I'm looking forward to seeing your car and meeting you on the 29th at the Meet and greet. happy%20feet.gif

Archived