TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 stripes

谢尔比

I think you might be talking about the thinner stripes of the SVT package. You can still order the larger stripes like you saw in 2010 model by simply not buying the SVT package option.

The 2011 engine is a wet sump

Maybe they will evetually offer the SVT goodies with whatever stripe you want. I think the stock wheels look better too.

I know exactly what a strip is and its 20 bucks a song. :drool:

LOL...out here, that gets you a 'private' (lap) dance.

Phill

It's a wet sump and a nice one at that with a special windage tray to help control oil movement during high G maneuvers. In addition, the tray is supposed to help strengthen/stabilize the block bottom geometry. It might be hard to fit a dry sump reservoir in the GT engine bay. I think the SVT folks did a great job with this solution - KISS- that works!

BTW - Happy New Year!

As for the stripes, check my avatar - they look a little better with that big, bad, No.1 glued over them. That's also the place that A.J. & Dan finished :happy feet:

My initial reaction was bad, but the SVT stripes are growing on me. I think the stripes will look better in person. I did not notice it at first, but there is a black pinstripe at the edges of the white and red side and top stripes. The black pinstripe definitely improves the look. The pinstripe is difficult to see in the pictures and more noticeable on the silver convertible if you missed it.

I agree the SVT stripes are growing on me and look in the pictures better then the description made them sound. Still think the stripes are a bit too thin for my tastes. I went to a local dealer today and sat in an 2010 must have been there at least 20-30 mintues just check out the car from top toe bottom. The door jam had a date that said "12/09" and the rear rear was NOT painted only the diff cover was. Most of the axel and other brakets were rust colored. I wouldn't accept it after paying 45K+ for a car.

I would not get the SVT package specifically because they ruin the stripes. I understand what they are trying to do by making the car look more distinguished from all the other mustangs, but it looks bad. The stripes on the Rocker panels seem too plain and Le Mans stripes are just odd. The 2010's look great. They should have just left it alone. It's getting a bit goofy with all the extra stuff they don't need just like in the early 70's.

You can't sugar coat it... The SVT stripes suck. They competely ruin the look of the car. I would forgo the SVT packing specifically due to the stripes, which is a shame. The SVT package should come with a badging application that people would desire, not despise. Leave the LeMans stripes alone and add an emblem or something, or a color group, anything... Well, one good thing came out of it... it redirects some of the negative attention away from the weak rear end.

You can't sugar coat it... The SVT stripes suck. They competely ruin the look of the car. I would forgo the SVT packing specifically due to the stripes, which is a shame. The SVT package should come with a badging application that people would desire, not despise. Leave the LeMans stripes alone and add an emblem or something, or a color group, anything... Well, one good thing came out of it... it redirects some of the negative attention away from the weak rear end.

haha, Well put.

I like your car, I like your profile picture, I like Pittsburgh, and the Steelers.

i think not getting the svt pack just because of some stripes is silly! id yank em off in a heartbeat! notice anything missing on my car?002.jpg i kept my over the top stripes ,but if i feel like it i can take these off too! sure wish i had that svt pack.

+1

Just have the stripes removed, EASY, and order a regular set or have your local stripe shop make some and install. If I get a GT500 I may go this route.

I like the stripes, they look good

They made a comment in the vidio about the SVT Stripes but I don't remember what it was. Something reminisent from a past racing program, I think. Anybody else catch this comment??

They were referring to the 60's GT40. The SVT stripes are suppose to be reminiscent of those cars and their stripes.

post-3252-126624510747_thumb.jpg

post-3252-12662451304_thumb.jpg

post-3252-126624510747_thumb.jpg

post-3252-12662451304_thumb.jpg

Here is both, Regular and SVT stripes. Since I ordered the SVT I'm learning to like it. :dance:

2011-ford-shelby-GT500-rear-thre-1.jpgredoverblack2.jpg

Well you got the 07-09 and the 2010 with the same rear view and guess what? The 2011 looks better! Way better! All the "I hate the rear end" from the pre 2010 owners rings hallow. Deep down they know what's up. Getting them to admit it is the problem.

Archived