TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Texas road racing and HPDE

sportscars

• 2 weeks later...

[Ok guys, we have 8 days left before this event. We still have room so get your registration in!!!! This is a rain or shine event and will be on both Saturday and Sunday. Griggs Racing will be there with one of their cars and it should be a blast!!!

[Ok guys, we have 8 days left before this event. We still have room so get your registration in!!!! This is a rain or shine event and will be on both Saturday and Sunday. Griggs Racing will be there with one of their cars and it should be a blast!!!

Will there be a caravan from Bastrop or Austin?

Thanks to everyone who showed up and a huge thank you to Bo and Eric, from Harris Hill Road, for their awesome track, great instructions, and good laughs, and especially to Ryckman Motorsports for sponsoring this event! We had some folks show up to spectate, including rush junky, and he can elaborate about being a passenger going around the track in his own car, plus mine. I have more pics but haven't uploaded them all yet and I'll see if I can get SVO on that for me.

From a person who had never been on a road track driving, I had an absolute blast. Jim, the owner of the Terlingua, had some friends come out so I took the wife out for a run. Every lap I get a little more comfortable so at the end of that session, I had the tires squealing and brakes smoking. When we got done, she said she had a blast, didn't get scared at all, and thought it was very cool to see how I got better with each lap. That made me feel great!

Everyone was great with me. Didn't feel intimidated by the guys and when we all talked about lines and braking, they listened to my input as well. The best part of the weekend.....when John, the owner of the C5 Vette and open road racer, comes up to me yesterday and asks if he can follow me to get my lines and see where I am braking. YES!!!!!!

Yesterday was also misty and sprinkling so we were all going a little slower yesterday. Three people went off the track and since Reaper is still my daily (but hopefully for not much longer) I needed to make sure he didn't try to go off-roading.

I didn't take pics yesterday because I had my car all to myself. (Joke on Saturday was that Jeff was having way too much fun in my car but I was glad to see what it could do by an experienced driver). The track owners had a friend out there yesterday taking pics and he is sending me a CD with all of the ones he took so I'll post some more up when I get it.

And yes, I am hooked along with a few other people that went out there the first time this weekend as well.

I had a blast this past weekend!!! My first time at the track and it couldn't have been better! Plenty of track time and great instruction, I think I am hooked. I'm already looking for my next track event, plus my wife wants to do it as well - thanks a lot Bo LOL :)

Thanks to all involved this weekend! Rick Ryckman for putting it together, Eric and Bo for the instruction, rides, and guidance, and all the drivers for sharing their experiences. It was great to meet everyone!

Now I have to go clean the car up. It's awfully dirty from the drive back in the rain...

Yeah, it was fun! I definitely need new tires now! Sorry I couldn't make it back out on Sunday, but just getting some time out there on Saturday made it well worth it!

Thanks RMS and Harris Hill! That's a fun little track! Lots of elevation! Picture a saddle and think running around the outline of it....there you go. I've never driven on a track with a water feature before! :hysterical:

If you are a member on Facebook, go to the Ryckman Motorsports page and there is an album with more pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3346740&id=168416774355#!/album.php?aid=150637&id=168416774355

OK, OK, so you're going to force me to get a facebook account to look at the pics of my car. ha

It was lots of fun! Thanks to Jeff for taking it easy on my car and not so easy on yours ! It was great getting to ride in both. See ya'll soon !

Oh yeah, and thanks Dubbs for the ride !! I'm just glad your passenger door is secure or I would've gone flying ! :superhero:

Ed

I've never driven on a track with a water feature before! :hysterical:

On Sunday, the whole track was like a water feature. Totally different experience driving on the track wet. My gauge to come in was if I had to use my windshield wipers. And yes, the water feature got even bigger after the mini-shower we got.

Oh, I forgot to mention that on my way to the track Saturday morning, I saw a '69 GT-350 or 500 by the hwy 21/183 interchange. He/She was heading in the opposite direction. Sweet Ride !!

I brought the girlfriend/kids up there that Saturday to watch ya'll go at it, looked like a lot of fun. I think I almost ripped my girlfriend's son's arm off when I pulled him over to point out the Terlingua going around. Awesome cars all around, next time my GT shouldn't be in such a foul mood and won't have to bring the v6/automatic. Again, great looking cars.

Archived