TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07H066

Son of a gun... I don't know how I didn't notice it when I was going over the car, but the mufflers don't match! I think the one on the left is original, although the one on the right is stamped Ford on the bottom. I didn't see the Ford logo on the right one.

I wonder what that's doing to the sound/performance? Anybody have an idea how I should fix this? I'm mad at myself that I didn't see it until now. I need to set up an appointment with a local shop to have them go over the entire car. I hope there wasn't a huge hit on the right side - that is the side with the repainted rear quarter panel.

Oh well, I'm still happy - just nervous until I get it completely checked out!

Morning Tom, While I was working at Hertz, it was fairly common to see GTHs with damaged mufflers. Because the cars are lowered, a lot of drivers tend to do "back in" parking so as not to damage the front valance. If not careful you can catch the lower lip of the muffler on curbs and taller parking bollards. Also the Sirrius radios were activated in such quantities in Hertz Ford vehicles (way more models then just Mustangs) that I think Sirrius just keep extending the service to avoid complaints from Hertz who is and was a huge customer. As some point I think Sirrius figures it out. My Sirrius still works and my car is a 2006!! Finally when I got my 2006, I took it to my local Ford dealer and had a complete diagnostic check run (computer) to make sure any and all TSBs were handled, and to get a heads up on any potential problems. All was fine expect the AC compressor which I had replaced. The diagnostic check cost $95, compressor $740 and has a 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty. Keep posting your efforts to improve the car, an interesting topic and is helpful to other Team Shelby members. again welcome aboard, Larry Miller, SAI Team Shelby GTH Registrar.

• 3 weeks later...

It's funny how all the parts start adding up before you know it, and whenever I fix one thing I seem to find another thing I need or want! I'm starting to slow down now, so I can pay off what I've bought so far. I had no idea I'd find so much to buy so soon after getting the car.

So far I've done the following:

Purchased a set of used GTA mufflers.

Took the car to a shop to have the entire car checked out mechanically, mufflers installed, 60K service, replace all fluids except radiator with synthetic.

One tail light bulb.

Sequential tail lights.

Carbon splitter cover (backordered).

Convertible top boot cover.

Shelby GT-H floor mats (present from the wife!).

Shelby billet hood pins.

Pony grille emblem.

Rent-A-Racer license plate frames (currently running temporary plate taped in rear window).

Rubber bumpers that the fuel door rests on.

Plastic T-nuts that secure the ends of the trunk panel to the tail light bolts.

Windshield wipers.

To do list:

Wheels - will probably keep stock, but mine have curb damage.

Tires.

Brakes - probably keep stock, but may get the drilled and slotted rotors.

One PIAA light out - haven't taken it off to check, likely a bad bulb.

Questionable list:

Headlight covers and windshield are covered in fine pits from highway driving. You don't really notice them unless the light is right..

Drivers side door handle has an area that's scratched up. Not sure what's involved with replacing it.

Drivers side trim piece on outside of car that goes between the A pillar and body panel above windshield. Not sure what's involved with replacing it.

Picture of Shelby billet hood pins installed. Much better than the worn out originals:

shelby09.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I got my permanent dash plaque this week! I read that some people keep it with their paperwork so it won't get stolen from the dash. I hadn't even considered that until I read about it. Once the plaque arrived I decided it was too cool to put in a drawer, so I put it on today. I also finally got around to removing the traction control defeat clip. I'll have to take her out and make sure it's working right. :dance:

shelby11.jpg

shelby14.jpg

Congratz with your Shelby! I got my since November last and I still cant believe it!

My Shelby had an 38k service last month and the guy did also a inspection front too back and he told me that i had some damage on the front right side probably hitting a curve or a sidewalk. He also found that somebody have been sitting on the top while it was down so it's bent. Both are not too serious but no bikini girls for me any more ;)

I bought the car with dents, scratches and with fading stripes.

It's in a body repair shop and the are finished with repaint of the car ( hood, drivers door & rear left side).

Tomorrow it's gone be restriped and new Shelby letters on the trunk! I should have it back on Wednesday . Can wait!

I all ready changes the pony on the grill and new hood pins.

Also bought the Shelby GT-H floor mats. Looks cool!

Jeroen

Archived