TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cup Holders- Which One?

SteelTownStang

Hello, I'm looking for a cup holder bezel that will go good with the ambient light package (ALP). I had the MGW on my 07 GT and liked it... Silver Horse Racing also has a nice one, but both of them have a piece in the middle that will block the lighting. I'm not too concern, but I was wondering if anyone out there has either of the aforementioned with the ALP- and how does it look? I've also seen the trim-type bezels by Scott Drake and UPR, both are without the center piece. Steeda has a nice one as well. Opinions appreciated.

I have the Steeda without the center piece. I like this one as you can place a mug with a handle and it fits. Also the ALP is visible. There is no set screw to hold it in place. It fits snuggly but can come loose at times. Right now there is free shipping on this item.

billet_cup_holder_bezel175.jpg

Hello, I'm looking for a cup holder bezel that will go good with the ambient light package (ALP). I had the MGW on my 07 GT and liked it... Silver Horse Racing also has a nice one, but both of them have a piece in the middle that will block the lighting. I'm not too concern, but I was wondering if anyone out there has either of the aforementioned with the ALP- and how does it look? I've also seen the trim-type bezels by Scott Drake and UPR, both are without the center piece. Steeda has a nice one as well. Opinions appreciated.

I have the Silverhorse piece, does not block the ambient lights, and is Made in the USA! All of their interior billet is quality stuff. perfect fit also.

I have the Steeda without the center piece. I like this one as you can place a mug with a handle and it fits. Also the ALP is visible. There is no set screw to hold it in place. It fits snuggly but can come loose at times. Right now there is free shipping on this item.

billet_cup_holder_bezel175.jpg

Thank you. How does it match the other trim, i.e., the vent bezels on the dash... Is yours brushed polished aluminum?

Thank you. How does it match the other trim, i.e., the vent bezels on the dash... Is your brushed?

How is the Steeda held in place? :headscratch:

Tnx

SteelTownStang,

I had the MGW one and took it off as the front hole is not big enough to hold a can of soda. I replaced it with the Scott Drake one (the quality of the MGW piece is superior than the Scott Drake one and I would have keep it if the front hole was big enough to fit a 12 oz can of soda) and due to it's loose fit I used double sided tape to hold it in place.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Nope. Just fits snug enough to say in by itself.

Mine's not a good fit and it didn't "snap" in as advertised on the SPP site. It was a press fit and the fit isn't great. I can pull it off pretty easily so it doesn't have a permanent feel, although it does stay in place. The thing that really peeved me is it put pretty bad scratches in the lip around the cupholder. I presume this didn't happen to you?

I did hear the JLT piece is nice although I've never seen it personally.

Is holdage a word? :poke:

Its right up there with chillaxing :hysterical:

Mine's not a good fit and it didn't "snap" in as advertised on the SPP site. It was a press fit and the fit isn't great. I can pull it off pretty easily so it doesn't have a permanent feel, although it does stay in place. The thing that really peeved me is it put pretty bad scratches in the lip around the cupholder. I presume this didn't happen to you?

I did hear the JLT piece is nice although I've never seen it personally.

I wouldn't say it snaps in but it fit fine and does not come out without some effort.

Thank you. How does it match the other trim, i.e., the vent bezels on the dash... Is your brushed?

How is the Steeda held in place? :headscratch:

Tnx

Yes, mine is brushed. The vent bezel on my SGT is chrome so it does not match exactly. However I have the complete Steeda brush trim set. Although it does not shine like chrome it does blend in well without being so loud (as in shine). The cup holder wedges into place. There is no set screw. I like the idea of using a little double sided tape as the cup holder can be knocked loose. I will take some pics of my interior and post up...

Yes, mine is brushed. The vent bezel on my SGT is chrome so it does not match exactly. However I have the complete Steeda brush trim set. Although it does not shine like chrome it does blend in well without being so loud (as in shine). The cup holder wedges into place. There is no set screw. I like the idea of using a little double sided tape as the cup holder can be knocked loose. I will take some pics of my interior and post up...

OK. Thank you.

Do not buy Scott Drake if you are used to Silver Horse quality, it is not close IMO.

Silver Horse all the way, I have bought just about every billet interior piece they have made, the quality is the best I have seen. As someone mentioned the MGW is nice, but they made it so a 12 oz can will not even fit in the front, HUGE design error.

Silver Horse, you will not be disappointed.

Do not buy Scott Drake if you are used to Silver Horse quality, it is not close IMO.

Silver Horse all the way, I have bought just about every billet interior piece they have made, the quality is the best I have seen. As someone mentioned the MGW is nice, but they made it so a 12 oz can will not even fit in the front, HUGE design error.

Silver Horse, you will not be disappointed.

Could'nt agree more. Made in the USA. To much import junk on the market.

• 3 weeks later...

SHR seems to be the most popular. I'm even leaning toward Steeda because of the middle opening. Wonder why MGW or SHR did not go in that direction? It's definitely a more practical design IMO.

That is why I went with the Steeda. Most of my coffee cups have handles so I needed something to accommodate them. DSC_2104.jpg

Archived