TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Glass Roof

hitman007

I got to admit I am torn between Black with SVT PP red stripe coupe or Black stripe delete with glass roof

IMO, the glass roof is best for stripe delete since there are no stripes on the glass roof to begin with

Chuck,

What do you think about the rumors that the 2012 will have a Twin Turbo 5.0? I would think they could make 550hp with that config. and then they could dump the 5.4 completely.

I am starting to like the glass roof as I can see it does have a shade that can be closed. Also the new Red looks just like the old red to me and still not sure about the stripes with the SVT

package..

There is a shop in Chatsworth, CA that will put one in your 2007-2010 which is the same thing as the one Ford puts in the 2010.

They claim it's stronger than the regular roof material.

I just called an installer in Orange County, CA and they quoted me $2495 installed.

They need 2 days to do the install and the warranty is 3 years.

Not bad at all.

was the shop you called Coach Auto Restyler? Found a shop in San Diego that does them but they want 3550 installed and require the car for 3-5 days. same 3yr warranty.

was the shop you called Coach Auto Restyler? Found a shop in San Diego that does them but they want 3550 installed and require the car for 3-5 days. same 3yr warranty.

Yes.

The price you got was 1000 more than what I was told the day I posted it above.

Weird.

the 3550 was a price I was quoted from a place down in San Diego called Hard Core Muscle. They don't show up on CDC's listing but a coworker had them do his roof about 4 years ago and hes had no problem. he doesnt remember what they charged him back then. the shop says they've done about 50 mustang glass roofs over the years. I'd much rather save 1000 and drive up about 90mins

• 1 month later...

Just had the glassback roof installed and figured I'd give my review....I went with Coach Auto Restylers in Orange, CA and paid $2395 cash out the door with the 3 year warranty. Watching videos of the glass roof and reading articles it shows/says there is a manual roll out shade to cover the glass but when I talked to these guys and sent them the youtube videos showing it, they said they have never seen that shade or heard of it yet they are listed as a CDC certified installer. Either way, I decided to still have the roof installed. From the inside of the car, I love it. Its like having a nice set of polarized sunglasses on. Even with the sun directly overhead you don't really feel any heat coming in. The thing I really dislike about this is all the plastic molding that comes along with the glass roof. Since the glass actually sits on top of the old roof minus the section cut out, there is extra plastic molding added to the front, back, and sides of the roof that kind of blend the extra glass height into the rest of the car. The side moldings are 2 pieces each. I piece that goes down the front windshield and across the top of the roof, and another piece that goes down the back windshield. The plastic molding that goes across the back of the roof has a built in brake light which is pretty cool. The bad part, which is probably just installer mistakes, is that on a few parts the molding is popping up. After the install they had little weight bags taped along the molding for 24+ hours to let the adhevise dry but I guess it wasnt long enough . I'm going to contact the installer and have them remove the molding and reapply them.

the 3550 was a price I was quoted from a place down in San Diego called Hard Core Muscle.

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

And you say this why? A little more info would be appreciated!

Mike

Archived