TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front Tire Wear

SicShelby

I took these off today to install the front lowering springs. I knew it was coming but I just attributed the abnormal wear to cornering. Looking at it now... you think my alignment might have been off any? :hysterical:

Has anyone else seen this? The tires have been on there from the start - just curious. :lurk:

P1040737.jpg

P1040736.jpg

I took these off today to install the front lowering springs. I knew it was coming but I just attributed the abnormal wear to cornering. Looking at it now... you think my alignment might have been off any? :hysterical:

Has anyone else seen this? The tires have been on there from the start - just curious. :lurk:

P1040737.jpg

P1040736.jpg

My car from the factory was off by quite a bit. I had mine realigned at the dealer under warranty at 7000miles. It was pretty bad. My wifes Ford exploder is also really bad too from the factory and she has 11000 miles.

They look feathered real bad also on the inside, this could be due of lack of tire rotation. You need to start crossing the front tires every oil change, this will slow the feathering and tire wear. Of course, get the align in spec also, then you should be good to go.

Ihave the MM caster / camber plates on my GT500KR...my local alignment shop here in Colorado told me these were the best units they've seen. Outstanding adjustability.

0-100 MPH initial test = no issues whatsoever.

www.maximummotorsports.com

Hope that helps....

UncleRon

Colorado Springs

P1040737.jpg

P1040736.jpg

outside wear, right? i had an alignment done about 10k miles ago and looks like mine after i pulled the fronts off. both sides so rotating is not the issue. not running these anymore so i need to get another alignment at a different shop before i wear down the new rubber the same way.

outside wear, right? i had an alignment done about 10k miles ago and looks like mine after i pulled the fronts off. both sides so rotating is not the issue. not running these anymore so i need to get another alignment at a different shop before i wear down the new rubber the same way.

This was from the inside of the tire. Both sides were like this, so like you said, not much rotating the tires will fix anything, but it might help a little. Heading to the alignment shop today.

Hope they get it right! :yup:

Aren't our tires directional? If so, you can't rotate them side to side.

FIA Mike

Well they're not directional per sae, but there is a certain side of the tire that has to be outwards. So, if you rotate the tires the correct side will still be on the outside. Or maybe they're both. :headscratch:

Long story short you can still rotate the tires, but no to the effect of being able to do a rotation where all four tires can be rotated. On ours, of course, only the fronts and the rear tires can be rotated in pairs.

Archived