TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CS6 Grille question

#698 has been in the shop for over 3 months now after a collision with a deer. Yes, that's 3 months. The billet grille is holding up the car. I've worked out with the insurance to allow me $534 for the grille. I've been looking at the CS6 by 281 parts or the one offered by American Muscle. I'm sure they are the same.

My question, do I need the honey comb grille in order to use this? American Muscle says I don't but 281 says I do. I think the grille looks good but would like cheesy with the honey comb grill behind imo. For almost $500 it should be a direct replacement, wouldn't you say.

I'm asking because my original honey comb grille is damage and my insurance is giving me an allowance for that +the billet and lower grill. But before I go ahead and order I want to make sure so I know what's coming.

For those who installed, how did the installation go? Mounts/lights/wiring?

Any input much appreciated.

#698 has been in the shop for over 3 months now after a collision with a deer. Yes, that's 3 months. The billet grille is holding up the car. I've worked out with the insurance to allow me $534 for the grille. I've been looking at the CS6 by 281 parts or the one offered by American Muscle. I'm sure they are the same.

My question, do I need the honey comb grille in order to use this? American Muscle says I don't but 281 says I do. I think the grille looks good but would like cheesy with the honey comb grill behind imo. For almost $500 it should be a direct replacement, wouldn't you say.

I'm asking because my original honey comb grille is damage and my insurance is giving me an allowance for that +the billet and lower grill. But before I go ahead and order I want to make sure so I know what's coming.

offer still available on the billet.....on my '07 you actually use the honey comb grille to provide the support for the CS grille. It has to be modified, cut to accept the CS grille. I believe the honey comb is nothing more than a stock GT grille that has been cut out for air flow on the billet grille and must be cut out even more for the CS grille. Nothing a good saws-all and a dremmel won't fix. The CS kit comes with everything you need or should need. I ordered thru Shelby. It was definitely no walk in the park but patience is the key. Also, the kit from Shelby comes w/ all the brackets, PIAA lites, wiring. I did put my own connectors on as I could not find the matching male plug for the lights, but no big thing. Also, you will have to put a fuse in your fuse box which there should be an extra fuse in there (stored) and not plugged in. I believe it is a 15 amp. Just make sure connectiion is sealed good to avoid moisture. I used heat wrap. Craig

I have been eyeing the CS8 Grille for my 08 SGT that apparently uses a different surround than what the 07 SGT's used....I've had mine out of the car and it looks like the billet grille is attached to a modified GT grille surroung by only 4 screws and then installed in the SGT...I would assume that I could unscrew the billet grille from this and use the surround to attach the CS8 grille to, but I could be wrong...I don't know of anyone who has done this on an 08 SGT...If someone has, please chime in and let me know...I'd appreciate it

Thanks in advance,

Carl

I have been eyeing the CS8 Grille for my 08 SGT that apparently uses a different surround than what the 07 SGT's used....I've had mine out of the car and it looks like the billet grille is attached to a modified GT grille surroung by only 4 screws and then installed in the SGT...I would assume that I could unscrew the billet grille from this and use the surround to attach the CS8 grille to, but I could be wrong...I don't know of anyone who has done this on an 08 SGT...If someone has, please chime in and let me know...I'd appreciate it

Thanks in advance,

Carl

hi Carl. I haven't looked at any 08's that close but my billet was held on by 2 bars on the backside of the gt grille w/ 4 bolts too. Not sure if it's the same set up but I would suspect it is :headscratch: since nothing much changed from 07 to 08. Craig

hi Carl. I haven't looked at any 08's that close but my billet was held on by 2 bars on the backside of the gt grille w/ 4 bolts too. Not sure if it's the same set up but I would suspect it is :headscratch: since nothing much changed from 07 to 08. Craig

yep !!!,,thats my next mod,,its going to look great when I'm done,,,you can get a stock GT grille off ebay real cheap,,under $100.00,,,that way you can save your stock Shelby grille,,100292.jpg100292.jpg

You definitely need the honeycomb grille for the install and I would also recommend a decent supply of liquor! :hysterical:

You definitely need the honeycomb grille for the install and I would also recommend a decent supply of liquor! :hysterical:

Mine being a SGT, that would mean I need a CS8 kit wouldn't it? American Muscle offers only the CS6 kit. But looking closer at the customer reviews, there's one SGT with the install of the CS6 kit American Muscle. I rather prefer to go with the one offer by SPP but they have no stock. Hell, they don't even have stock on the stock billet grille, that's why I chose to go this route.

Also, does anyone know if the Grille housing offered from SPP will help make the install of this kit work? Or do I have to have the honeycomb grille?

Archived