TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roush High-Performance Exhaust for 2010 Mustang GT/GT500

2010KonaBlueGT

The Roush High-Performance Exhaust for 2010 Mustang GT/GT500 was mentioned in a recent thread I was involved in. Also in previous and subsequent threads. It appears that it is a popular item and one in which I am interested in buying.

It is listed as Part Number-P/N: 420025 here:

http://www.roushperformance.com/mustang_exhaust.shtml

Or directly to the part page at:

http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1187

One of our Team Shelby members bought one and installed it on his GT500. He said where he bought it from, saying it was the best bargain he found and was shipped to his door, etc. etc. etc.

IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY-IIRC, he said it was in the 400 dollar range (I expect high 4's?).

The Roush site has the exhaust and their SRP is $585 so high-4's would be somewhere around 100 bucks off. I could live with that!

Money isn't a big problem for me but hey, if I can save a hun here and a hun there....it all adds up to one more mod I can justify buying!

Okay, truth is, I'M CHEAP! So sue me.

IIRC, the place he bought his from started with a M. I've looked high and I've looked low but I can NOT find the thread he told me about it in. I think it was in a thread dealing with something else and we got off on a tangent and the Roush system came up.

Does anyone remember it, or is the person that told me reading this?

Or for that matter, I'll take tips on where anyone else bought theirs anywhere else.

Quite frankly, I'm *more* concerened with the ease of purchase and delivery then I am saving a couple of bucks. But saving a hundred bucks? I'm willing to sacrafice a *little* Customer Service for a hundred bucks.

Any help out there? I'm all ears.....

Yeah, I know. Before you get the rope out and string me up, it's blasphemy to put a Roush product on a Shelby...but I've never been overly religious anyway!

Thanks In Advance/TIA,

Phill Pollard

2010 Kona Blue/white GT500

I don't remember anyone saying $400.......I got mine for $585 incl ship from Late Model Restoration. But $400 would've been a hell of a steal.

No, I was thinkin' someone said something more along the lines of like, $485 or $495, something like that. Could'a been $585 too. Either way, shipped to my door for $585 is cheaper than Roush will do.

Were you the one that I'm thinkin' of, that replied to me in a thread about the Roush?

I *thought* I remembered a "M" and late Model resto would fit that parameter.

Thanks for the reply,

Phill

Phil---all the roush shown in your link are 2009---did you say the 2010 were 1in longer than the 2009s.The Corsas run around $700--wonder why they are more than the Roush--bob

PS heres the response i got back from Corsa on the length issue

Thanks for the interest in CORSA Performance!!

We have moved the tip out just a little bit for the 2010 Mustangs and made this change across the board.

The part number you will want to order is 14311.

No, I was thinkin' someone said something more along the lines of like, $485 or $495, something like that. Could'a been $585 too. Either way, shipped to my door for $585 is cheaper than Roush will do.

Were you the one that I'm thinkin' of, that replied to me in a thread about the Roush?

Thanks for the reply,

Phill

Phil,

I think it was me........here is the link to the set-up for our cars - http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1187 -- I called Roush and spoke to one of their guys, and this kit is different for our cars (extended length). They also said it has a more aggressive sound compared to the 2007-2009 set-up. And my apologies.........it was $14 shipping from LMR, and they drop shipped directly from Roush (got it in 4 days). when I went to order it from Roush the total was $650. Every little cent counts when you want more mods!!!

The Roush High-Performance Exhaust for 2010 Mustang GT/GT500 was mentioned in a recent thread I was involved in. Also in previous and subsequent threads. It appears that it is a popular item and one in which I am interested in buying.

It is listed as Part Number-P/N: 420025 here:

http://www.roushperformance.com/mustang_exhaust.shtml

Or directly to the part page at:

http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1187

One of our Team Shelby members bought one and installed it on his GT500. He said where he bought it from, saying it was the best bargain he found and was shipped to his door, etc. etc. etc.

IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY-IIRC, he said it was in the 400 dollar range (I expect high 4's?).

The Roush site has the exhaust and their SRP is $585 so high-4's would be somewhere around 100 bucks off. I could live with that!

Money isn't a big problem for me but hey, if I can save a hun here and a hun there....it all adds up to one more mod I can justify buying!

Okay, truth is, I'M CHEAP! So sue me.

IIRC, the place he bought his from started with a M. I've looked high and I've looked low but I can NOT find the thread he told me about it in. I think it was in a thread dealing with something else and we got off on a tangent and the Roush system came up.

Does anyone remember it, or is the person that told me reading this?

Or for that matter, I'll take tips on where anyone else bought theirs anywhere else.

Quite frankly, I'm *more* concerened with the ease of purchase and delivery then I am saving a couple of bucks. But saving a hundred bucks? I'm willing to sacrafice a *little* Customer Service for a hundred bucks.

Yeah, I know. Before you get the rope out and string me up, it's blasphemy to put a Roush product on a Shelby...but I've never been overly religious anyway!

Thanks In Advance/TIA,

Phill Pollard

2010 Kona Blue/white GT500

You will LOVE this exhaust setup! I have it...and have NO regrets...perfect sound, volume and tone. Be specific on the '10 model...the tips are longer than the 07-09 model years.......

Scott

You will LOVE this exhaust setup! I have it...and have NO regrets...perfect sound, volume and tone. Be specific on the '10 model...the tips are longer than the 07-09 model years.......

Scott

Absolutely agree -- best choice I made...........I have some videos on youtube of my '10 GT500 with the Roush too if you do a search Phil

And Scott......off topic, but pics of your car with the new wheels/tires ???

Thanks for the reply,

Phill

I'm not sure if they carry the 2010 yet but the cheapest I've found for the 2007-2009 is $417 + $50 s/h from performanceparts4fords.com

Absolutely agree -- best choice I made...........I have some videos on youtube of my '10 GT500 with the Roush too if you do a search Phil

And Scott......off topic, but pics of your car with the new wheels/tires ???

2sharpie: I will have pics of the new wheels/tires soon...waiting on a wheel cap. I will also have some pics and vids (maybe) taken of my complete setup ( Kenne Bell stage 3!) I plan on having some vids of the KB in action with the Roush exhaust (one-piece driveshaft needs to be installed before "real" playtime)...just talking about it does NOT do it the justice it deserves. I almost sounds better with more air being pushed around from the KB. Many, many compliments on the exhaust.

<SNIP>

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

I'm on a Internet searh for the three vendors mentioned.

Thanks again,

Phill Pollard

Archived