TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SELL-428 FE. COMPLETE.400 RWHP/500 CRANK. $7,000

427HISS

I'm in the process of building my dream engine, an all aluminum 427 side oiler punched to 482 cu. So, I need to sell the 428 FE in my 427 Cobra. On the "Mustang Chassis Dyno", it produced 400 HP. "Dyno Jet Chassis Dyno", 440 HP.

THIS IS ALMOST A COMPLETE RUNNING ENGINE FOR $7,000. Painted, chrome and polished parts.

I will admit that I really need, to sell this great engine before the 482 build can go further. This build will be in two magazines about the differences between the 60's side oiler and the newer 2010 aluminum side oiler. I realize times are tough and it's hard to sell engines so, since I need to sell my 428 fast, I'm offering a $250.00 "Finders Fee", to anyone that sells the motor.

I don't believe my price of $7,000 is too much for being almost ready to run, smooth block, painted, high performance parts, and with either chrome or polished aluminum parts. I have over $10,000 in this engine. I'm only selling it because I've always wanted a side oiler, and a lot of the 482 engine parts are sponsored by various manufactures because of the exposure in the magazines and build video's. This is a very nice motor inside & out, with no issues or leaks.

To the buyer, I will take new photo's and video, of the engine running in the car before I remove it.

I have the build spec sheet and chassis dyno information. It will be sold as a long block (+) minus, the distributor/MSD box, electronics, thermostat housing (custom made)

I sanded the block smooth and painted it my body color. You can scuff it down and paint any color you want.

Stock stroke-.4.192 Bore.

Hot Tank Cleaned

Shot Peened

Honed & Plate Honed

Magnafluxed

Sonic Tested

Sealed Power Flat Top Forged Pistons. 10:3:1

Stock Rods & Crank. Machined/Polished 20/20

Balanced Rotating Assembly With Flywheel.

Vic Jr. FE Intake

I had Comp Cams grind me a solid flat tappet cam. I have the cam card.

252/260 @ 0.50

600 lift.

110 degree of lobe separation. Very lumpy and a great sounding motor. Click on the you tube link below to hear it.

I have new chrome 427 Pent Roof valve covers.

Polished/Ceramic Coated Edelbrock Vic Jr. Intake.

Polished Intake Breather/Vent.

Polished Edelbrock FE Water Pump.

Polished Edelbrock FE Fuel Pump.

Polished FE Timing Cover.

Polished Pulleys.

Polished/Ceramic Coated Cobra Air Breather.

Barry Grant "Mighty Demon" Carb. 750 cfm.

Canton 7qt. racing oil pan.

THE HEADS- Iron C6AE-R

Ported and polished to the max.

Port matched with intake, exhaust ports and gaskets.

They flow better than Edelbrocks. (sorry, I do not have the flow bench information, accidental thrown out) eek !

Harland Sharp 1.76 roller rockers that are shaft mounted with all stands.

Ferrea stainless steel valves, one piece, 3/8" stems, stock length.

Intake- 2.030

Exhaust- 1.558

I rebuilt the engine in 2004. It is very strong running. Only 3.500 miles since built.

I have a Tremec 3550 and clutch/flywheel, that could also go with the engine for a decent price. This would be a great combo if your building a cobra or up-grading.

The engine is very strong running and is great on the street, highway & racing, yet gets 16 mpg highway. Never gets hot. The cam is lumpy, sounds great yet idles well. Chassis dyno tuned.

It has won 4 engine "Best In Show" Trophy's. (large shows, not small parking lot's)

SELL-$7,000 + shipping. Local pick-up also. The engine is in the car and running. I can take new video if needed. This is nearly a install & run package and priced very well.

Remember,....... the $250.00 "Finders Fee" to whom ever sells it. I'm a very honest man living in Nebraska. I promice this engine is everything I've stated it to be.

Feel free to email and call me.

Below are two video's. The first has the old exhaust, the second with the new stainless exhaust. Neither are high rpm, just for fun.

cobrakev@galaxycable.net

402-781-2322 (Nebraska, central time, anytime)

Thank you,

Kevin

http://WWW.youtube.Com/watch?v=h3XsqHrtTPY

http://WWW.youtube.Com/watch?v=3fuuIbkJjwI

post-27315-126582851237_thumb.jpg

post-27315-126582854376_thumb.jpg

post-27315-12658285558_thumb.jpg

post-27315-126582858509_thumb.jpg

post-27315-126582875995_thumb.jpg

post-27315-126582851237_thumb.jpg

post-27315-126582854376_thumb.jpg

post-27315-12658285558_thumb.jpg

post-27315-126582858509_thumb.jpg

post-27315-126582875995_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I'm in the process of building my dream engine, an all aluminum 427 side oiler punched to 482 cu. So, I need to sell the 428 FE in my 427 Cobra. On the "Mustang Chassis Dyno", it produced 400 HP. "Dyno Jet Chassis Dyno", 440 HP.

THIS IS ALMOST A COMPLETE RUNNING ENGINE FOR $7,000. Painted, chrome and polished parts.

I will admit that I really need, to sell this great engine before the 482 build can go further. This build will be in two magazines about the differences between the 60's side oiler and the newer 2010 aluminum side oiler. I realize times are tough and it's hard to sell engines so, since I need to sell my 428 fast, I'm offering a $250.00 "Finders Fee", to anyone that sells the motor.

I don't believe my price of $7,000 is too much for being almost ready to run, smooth block, painted, high performance parts, and with either chrome or polished aluminum parts. I have over $10,000 in this engine. I'm only selling it because I've always wanted a side oiler, and a lot of the 482 engine parts are sponsored by various manufactures because of the exposure in the magazines and build video's. This is a very nice motor inside & out, with no issues or leaks.

To the buyer, I will take new photo's and video, of the engine running in the car before I remove it.

I have the build spec sheet and chassis dyno information. It will be sold as a long block (+) minus, the distributor/MSD box, electronics, thermostat housing (custom made)

I sanded the block smooth and painted it my body color. You can scuff it down and paint any color you want.

Stock stroke-.4.192 Bore.

Hot Tank Cleaned

Shot Peened

Honed & Plate Honed

Magnafluxed

Sonic Tested

Sealed Power Flat Top Forged Pistons. 10:3:1

Stock Rods & Crank. Machined/Polished 20/20

Balanced Rotating Assembly With Flywheel.

Vic Jr. FE Intake

I had Comp Cams grind me a solid flat tappet cam. I have the cam card.

252/260 @ 0.50

600 lift.

110 degree of lobe separation. Very lumpy and a great sounding motor. Click on the you tube link below to hear it.

I have new chrome 427 Pent Roof valve covers.

Polished/Ceramic Coated Edelbrock Vic Jr. Intake.

Polished Intake Breather/Vent.

Polished Edelbrock FE Water Pump.

Polished Edelbrock FE Fuel Pump.

Polished FE Timing Cover.

Polished Pulleys.

Polished/Ceramic Coated Cobra Air Breather.

Barry Grant "Mighty Demon" Carb. 750 cfm.

Canton 7qt. racing oil pan.

THE HEADS- Iron C6AE-R

Ported and polished to the max.

Port matched with intake, exhaust ports and gaskets.

They flow better than Edelbrocks. (sorry, I do not have the flow bench information, accidental thrown out) eek !

Harland Sharp 1.76 roller rockers that are shaft mounted with all stands.

Ferrea stainless steel valves, one piece, 3/8" stems, stock length.

Intake- 2.030

Exhaust- 1.558

I rebuilt the engine in 2004. It is very strong running. Only 3.500 miles since built.

I have a Tremec 3550 and clutch/flywheel, that could also go with the engine for a decent price. This would be a great combo if your building a cobra or up-grading.

The engine is very strong running and is great on the street, highway & racing, yet gets 16 mpg highway. Never gets hot. The cam is lumpy, sounds great yet idles well. Chassis dyno tuned.

It has won 4 engine "Best In Show" Trophy's. (large shows, not small parking lot's)

SELL-$7,000 + shipping. Local pick-up also. The engine is in the car and running. I can take new video if needed. This is nearly a install & run package and priced very well.

Remember,....... the $250.00 "Finders Fee" to whom ever sells it. I'm a very honest man living in Nebraska. I promice this engine is everything I've stated it to be.

Feel free to email and call me.

Below are two video's. The first has the old exhaust, the second with the new stainless exhaust. Neither are high rpm, just for fun.

cobrakev@galaxycable.net

402-781-2322 (Nebraska, central time, anytime)

Thank you,

Kevin

http://WWW.youtube.Com/watch?v=h3XsqHrtTPY

http://WWW.youtube.Com/watch?v=3fuuIbkJjwI

SOLD !

Archived