TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Rumour for 2007 GT500 Owners

bill0754

I was at the 2007 Silver Springs show with my Shelby this past Saturday (Jan 6) and heard an interesting rumour. From a reliable source, myself and the other Shelby owners were told that Ford will be sending out a package of 3 items after the build for 2007 models is complete. They will include a SVT letter with our build number (nothing new for previous SVT owners) and 2 plaques. One signed by CS with your VIN for the dash, and another plaque to be rivited under the hood. Don't know if it's true, but would be great!!

Here are some pics from the show...mine is the red one on stage.

post-17-1168474118_thumb.jpg

post-17-1168474128_thumb.jpg

post-17-1168474139_thumb.jpg

post-17-1168474151_thumb.jpg

post-17-1168474164_thumb.jpg

post-17-1168474175_thumb.jpg

post-17-1168474185_thumb.jpg

post-17-1168474195_thumb.jpg

post-17-1168474208_thumb.jpg

post-17-1168474222_thumb.jpg

post-17-1168474118_thumb.jpg

post-17-1168474128_thumb.jpg

post-17-1168474139_thumb.jpg

post-17-1168474151_thumb.jpg

post-17-1168474164_thumb.jpg

post-17-1168474175_thumb.jpg

post-17-1168474185_thumb.jpg

post-17-1168474195_thumb.jpg

post-17-1168474208_thumb.jpg

post-17-1168474222_thumb.jpg

If it's true, then I'd guess those plaques will be standard on '08 models. It may have something to do with the discussions on whether or not they were real Shelby's since they didn't go through CS' shop.

Maybe instead of saying SAI of Las Vegas, NV. on the tags it will say SAI of Woodhaven, MI. ?

But I'm still ordering the plaque from SAI for my car so I get the sill plates. :hyper:

Also great Red, White & Blue GT500 line up photos

Ok, I need info from the long-time Mustang enthusiasts here. Most likely what would the KR have on it different than the GT500? In other words, in the 60s was the KR a bigger engine? What size? did they make it lightweight in any way? Was it a performance package or an appearance package? Did it have any race parts such as really steep gears or deleted A/C? Give me some info on the '60s KRs so I can infer some things about what they might try on a newer KR.

Thanks,

Dave

Ok, I need info from the long-time Mustang enthusiasts here. Most likely what would the KR have on it different than the GT500? In other words, in the 60s was the KR a bigger engine? What size? did they make it lightweight in any way? Was it a performance package or an appearance package? Did it have any race parts such as really steep gears or deleted A/C? Give me some info on the '60s KRs so I can infer some things about what they might try on a newer KR.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

The 68 KR actually came with a single four barrel carb vs. the two fours on the 67. Both were 428 cu in. The 67 had more horsepower. Not to be a wise guy but the 68 KR was a lesser car IMO :doh:

Dave,

The 68 KR actually came with a single four barrel carb vs. the two fours on the 67. Both were 428 cu in. The 67 had more horsepower. Not to be a wise guy but the 68 KR was a lesser car IMO :doh:

Thanks carnut...so is it true that there was a GT500 in '67, and NOT a GT500 in '68? And there was NOT a KR in '67, but there was one in '68? In other words, was there a year in which they produced BOTH a GT500 AND a KR?

Gotta bring us former Chevy guys along. :hysterical:

Thanks,

Dave

I thought there was a GT500 in '67, '68 and '69? And a KR in '67 and '68?

There was a GT 500 in 67, 68, 69 and 70 (Actually left over 69's)

The 67 was rated at 355 hp

The 68 on rated at 335 hp

The 68 GT 500 had an option package called KR for King of the Road and was for 68 only. :stats:

Hope this clears things up.

There was a GT 500 in 67, 68, 69 and 70 (Actually left over 69's)

The 67 was rated at 355 hp

The 68 on rated at 335 hp

The 68 GT 500 had an option package called KR for King of the Road and was for 68 only. :stats:

Hope this clears things up.

Also 68`was the first year of the Shelby convertible . The 67 `Shelby G.T500 had two 600 C.F.m Holleycarbs. the 68`-500 had one 715 c.f.m Holley.& the KR had a735 c.f.m Holley carb The 68`Shelby K.R had 427 low riser heads,which had larger valves. The KR engine also used a high nodular cast iron crankshaft , beefier connecting rods and dished pistons. The KR also had staggered rear shocks.

The 67 GT500 was rated at 355hp with a 2x4v setup, the 68 GT500 at 360hp with a 4v setup. Both had the 428 Police Interceptor engine. In april 1968 with the birth of the 428 Cobrajet rated at 335hp (in real closer to 400) the Shelby became a GT500KR.

About two months after getting my Bullitt in 2001 Ford of Canada sent me a package that contained a DVD of Bullitt, a film cell of a jump, a large movie poster, 6 or so 8 1/2 x 11 scene shots, a letter from the VP of Marketing congratulating me on my purchase. All of this came enclosed in a real nice case with Steve Mcqueen and "Bullitt" in gold letters on the cover. Turns out only Canadian owners got this package.

So, I wouldn't be suprised if something like that was in the works as well.

About two months after getting my Bullitt in 2001 Ford of Canada sent me a package that contained a DVD of Bullitt, a film cell of a jump, a large movie poster, 6 or so 8 1/2 x 11 scene shots, a letter from the VP of Marketing congratulating me on my purchase. All of this came enclosed in a real nice case with Steve Mcqueen and "Bullitt" in gold letters on the cover. Turns out only Canadian owners got this package.

So, I wouldn't be suprised if something like that was in the works as well.

I bought an '01 Bullitt in Arizona and all I got was a payment book!!! :doh:

+1. Surely SA is in the loop on this with Ford and would not take advantage of us by selling us something Ford would be giving out. :idea:

The way I see it, first we had the announcement of the one and only Shelby GT-500 coming out...secondly, this brought on ADM's. (about broke the bank at this point) Thirdly. we are being asked to purchase the 40th package to let CS touch it. Right now I would suggest just buying those aftermarket items that will make your car run better; wheel hop fix, oil air filter, exhaust,( tune, CAI?) etc. Then just play the waiting game and let all of the dust settle. I think we will all be surprised and may be purchasing parts that we currently don't even know about with a lot lower price tag.

We all jumped quick to buy this car, we have it or it is on order...now there's no reason to continue getting caught up in this trap and having to keep shelling out money because we don't know what their next move will be and we don't want to miss out. Missing out is not getting the car. We're in the catbird seat now and can slow down and make the right purchasing decisons going forward. There will be much hype "you better buy it now" but divert your attention until it really is time to make a buying decision. Just my 2 cents because that's all I have at this moment.

The way I see it, first we had the announcement of the one and only Shelby GT-500 coming out...secondly, this brought on ADM's. (about broke the bank at this point) Thirdly. we are being asked to purchase the 40th package to let CS touch it. Right now I would suggest just buying those aftermarket items that will make your car run better; wheel hop fix, oil air filter, exhaust,( tune, CAI?) etc. Then just play the waiting game and let all of the dust settle. I think we will all be surprised and may be purchasing parts that we currently don't even know about with a lot lower price tag.

We all jumped quick to buy this car, we have it or it is on order...now there's no reason to continue getting caught up in this trap and having to keep shelling out money because we don't know what their next move will be and we don't want to miss out. Missing out is not getting the car. We're in the catbird seat now and can slow down and make the right purchasing decisons going forward. There will be much hype "you better buy it now" but divert your attention until it really is time to make a buying decision. Just my 2 cents because that's all I have at this moment.

+1, almost didn't get my car, gotta agree with you 100% Tags or no tags. Allthough I did send in my air condition front panel to be signed. Got it back and very happy with it...once spring gets here I'l get her put on...$200.00 for charity seemed reasonable for something I wanted for my car.

Cheers,

Requis

Archived