TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Corsa exhaust

Torched10

Well, ive read alot of the posts on exhaust, and the info has been very helpful.Like someone said,its very personal decision, and there is no right answer.But i want a non-drone sound thats not too loud,and is 4in tips.Corsa has a 4in tip and i need to decide betwen the Xtreme and Touring.The sound clips Corsa has are very helpful and Im trying to decide which is louder.The literature on the Xtreme and Touring make it seem like the Touring sound is mostly on open throttle,whereas the Xtreme is always on.For that reason the Touring seems like a better choise for me.But the sound clips make it seem like the Touring is louder.For those of you who have Corsa could you let me know what you like about them,and which one is louder--thanks much

Well, ive read alot of the posts on exhaust, and the info has been very helpful.Like someone said,its very personal decision, and there is no right answer.But i want a non-drone sound thats not too loud,and is 4in tips.Corsa has a 4in tip and i need to decide betwen the Xtreme and Touring.The sound clips Corsa has are very helpful and Im trying to decide which is louder.The literature on the Xtreme and Touring make it seem like the Touring sound is mostly on open throttle,whereas the Xtreme is always on.For that reason the Touring seems like a better choise for me.But the sound clips make it seem like the Touring is louder.For those of you who have Corsa could you let me know what you like about them,and which one is louder--thanks much

I've got the sport. Its great, no drone whatsoever. Really aggresive sound when you get into the throttle.

I've got the sport. Its great, no drone whatsoever. Really aggresive sound when you get into the throttle.

Got the Corsas as well. No drone. Not to overbearing, but when you step on it, they'll know theres something there.

Well constructed item also. Go with the extremes, so you get some part throttle tone.

You'll love them. They also are very free flowing, so you might gain a bit more power.

Compare my stock exhaust to the Corsas

th_CorsaExhaustGT500003-1.jpg

th_CorsaExhaustGT500001-1.jpg

th_07ShelbyExhaustInstall020.jpg

IS

what do you mean by part throttle sound. I want to hear sound when cruising on the highway. do you get more rumble when in top gear?

It may just be a mater of opinion, but some of the exhaust systems out there may be too loud for some folks.

My Corsas gave me what I was looking for. More exhaust note than stock while cruising around town(not too loud, but

not to quiet). But when I jump on it and bring up the RPMs, they change their attitude and sound more aggressive.

Some folks may want that aggressive "loud" sound anywhere along the RPM scale, if thats the case, there are

other systems that may satisfy that need.

IS

thanks--its the input i wanted. looks like i want the sport model--just want to hear it at start up, and when accelearting,and no drone.The Xtreme seemed from the sound bites lieke it was always "on". BTW, can they be installed easily,or does a muffler shop need to do it--thanks lots

thanks--its the input i wanted. looks like i want the sport model--just want to hear it at start up, and when accelearting,and no drone.The Xtreme seemed from the sound bites lieke it was always "on". BTW, can they be installed easily,or does a muffler shop need to do it--thanks lots

Did mine myself in the garage. Totally bolt on. Just get the rear of the car up high.

07ShelbyExhaustInstall023.jpg

07ShelbyExhaust.jpg

IS

one last question. my main complaint about stock is that at cruising speeds you hear nothing. which exhaust will improve that cruising sound while in top gear?

I like my Corsas. If you're after more aggressive sound then I would go with maybe the FRPP axle backs...??Stingers ??

Not sure on the name, but I understanf they have some voulime...more so than the Corsas

Perhaps others here can chime in on what they have and give you more ideas.

SLP loudmouths may be an exhaust you'd like. I believe they replace the axle back muffler with vitually nothing at all

but modulated pipe.

IS

I like my Corsas. If you're after more aggressive sound then I would go with maybe the FRPP axle backs...??Stingers ??

Not sure on the name, but I understanf they have some voulime...more so than the Corsas

Perhaps others here can chime in on what they have and give you more ideas.

SLP loudmouths may be an exhaust you'd like. I believe they replace the axle back muffler with vitually nothing at all

but modulated pipe.

IS

Got the Corsas as well. No drone. Not to overbearing, but when you step on it, they'll know theres something there.

Well constructed item also. Go with the extremes, so you get some part throttle tone.

You'll love them. They also are very free flowing, so you might gain a bit more power.

Compare my stock exhaust to the Corsas

th_CorsaExhaustGT500003-1.jpg

th_CorsaExhaustGT500001-1.jpg

th_07ShelbyExhaustInstall020.jpg

IS

did you get the model 14311 Corsas---are the ones you have long enough to clear the valance.Did you install them your self

you have the sport. maybe the extreme is what I'm looking for. corsa performance said that the extreme wiil produce more rumble at cruising speeds, than stock.

you tube has some good sound links for borh.The one they have with a new Dodge hemi that has the sport Corsas is good.There are lots with Xtreme,and they are loud all the time

Heres a good link to the sport Corsas sound http://www.streetfire.net/video/CORSA-Performance-2006-GT_132806.htm

did you get the model 14311 Corsas---are the ones you have long enough to clear the valance.Did you install them your self

Yes, I installed them myself, fairly simple. I believe they are the 14311, but some of the

very early 14311 were more cylindrical in shape. I got mine last year about this time

and after calling corsa, they told me the 14311 has been reworked to the shape of the one

I have in the pic. Its a bit more oval. Though this part is the "new" 14311.

They clear the valence just right.

IS

Yes, I installed them myself, fairly simple. I believe they are the 14311, but some of the

very early 14311 were more cylindrical in shape. I got mine last year about this time

and after calling corsa, they told me the 14311 has been reworked to the shape of the one

I have in the pic. Its a bit more oval. Though this part is the "new" 14311.

They clear the valence just right.

IS

+1 on the 14311's. mine are the early (round) version which i like better than the ovals. sounds stock until you get on it. probably only a 3 out of 5 as far as loudness goes with stock being a 1 out of 5 at WOT. sounds perfect to me as i dont like the "TOO LOUD" anymore.

+1 on the 14311's. mine are the early (round) version which i like better than the ovals. sounds stock until you get on it. probably only a 3 out of 5 as far as loudness goes with stock being a 1 out of 5 at WOT. sounds perfect to me as i dont like the "TOO LOUD" anymore.

Where did you guys buy yours.I had the local Corsa authorized shop give me a high price, $1059.There are several internet sites selling the 14311 system for around $700---bob

well i guess it will be the KRs, listen to them today, great sound.

The KR mufflers really sound good ....and from what I've heard, they do not drone

Where did you guys buy yours.I had the local Corsa authorized shop give me a high price, $1059.There are several internet sites selling the 14311 system for around $700---bob

Here you go Bob. This is where my Borla Stingers came from. Corsa's are $749.95

http://www.lightningforceperformance.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=476_286_298

I ordered mine directly from Corsa. I thing around $745.00. Got them in two days and took about an hour to put on.

Bill thanks,if i can Ill order fro Corsa like you.And the fitment thru the valance is good??Is it a 2man job,a friend has a lift at his house--bob

Archived