TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stimulus dollars going overseas

I don't know if this is the right forum for this, it may be considered political by some people.

I just saw this on ABC nightly news. 8 out of every 10 stimulus dollars for building wind power electric generators are going overseas. A wind generator farm project in Texas is giving 450 million dollars to a Chinese company to build their wind generators. Meanwhile a company in Pennsylvania that builds wind generator blades is just hiring back people that were laid off last year.

To play the Devils Advocate...........Sorry to say, it Costs a LOT more to build ANYTHING here in the States.

You have a good point but...........not always true. Our small manufacturing company bids against shops overseas all the time and we win more than we lose.

You have a good point but...........not always true. Our small manufacturing company bids against shops overseas all the time and we win more than we lose.

Your Key Words are "Small Manufacturing Company". If you built the Wind Mills and had to build 100 of them, I am sure the story would be different. Most large companies here in the USA charge a lot more for the same product because they have to factor in the cost of their Labor, Health Benefits, Retirement, Paid Vactions, FICA, Welfare, Unemployement, etc.............. Personally, I feel that we should tax Imports to the hilt and Tax Companies sending work over seas. I hate having to call my Credit Card Customer Service because I can't understand a single word they say...............................

Archived