TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Allocations given when???

chuckstang

When will dealers get alocation information and so forth?

My dealer will not make any deal with me until this time even though they usual get about 5 a year so its not like they will not get one but they will not even talk price on the 2011 or my 2007 until that time?

Also, sorry to those I insulted about not getting the SVT Package LOL

I probably would still get it though just for dealer installed and warrantied 373s.

Probably woud sell the wheels/tires and suspension and replace with the fully adjustable Eibach kit used on the Super Snakes go buy some regular 2010 GT500 wheels.

Still waiting for '11 GT500 allocation numbers. I'm the SVT/Shelby Director at our dealership. I've been asking, but not getting that info yet. After getting 6 or 7 GT500's from '07 through '09, we got just 2 GT500's in 2010. I suspect that 2011 will be a much longer model year with much more allocation.

When will dealers get alocation information and so forth?

I would think very soon as my dealer was given his initial allocation on Thursday Feb 4, 2010. His initial allocation is 1. Now he had a huge number of Shelby's there last year and there are still 3 2010's on the lot so he will get more at some point. However, for now, he was given only one. He says this is generally how it goes.

Bear in mind this is all in Canada so it may be a bit different further south.

So your saying your dealer has already gotten a true 2011 GT500 allocation?

I would think if that was the case other dealers would as well, I did not think this was something that was released one dealer at a time?

I am thinking there must be a specific date and time at which allocations begin, I am guessing your dealer is just assuming they will get one or something like that

Is there a certain date Ford can beging to pull allocations for build?

I would think if that was the case other dealers would as well, I did not think this was something that was released one dealer at a time?

I am thinking there must be a specific date and time at which allocations begin, I am guessing your dealer is just assuming they will get one or something like that

Yes according to the dealer he has. I forget the title of the guy that came around on Thursday but I think he said regional something or other. The dealer specifically told me 3 days before the guy came around that he would be coming later in the week and at that point they would find out their initial allocation just like for the past model years. He says it's been the same process every year for them as a dealership. Is it the same as south of the border? I don't know. The only difference is this year Canadian orders are being taken much earlier, last year they couldn't place an order until March which was 6 weeks behind american orders I believe.

I have no reason to doubt this dealer. We literally buy 100's of vehicles from them for our company. Our account is handled with kid gloves and I'm the guy that signs the cheques(checks for you guys to the south). For that reason alone I believe what he's telling me as the absolute truth.

I talked to my dealer on Friday and he talked to his district rep. No allocations as of Friday. The Rep did tell my dealer that I have the first order in her zone and that I will be getting her zone's first allocation. The Rep said she was going to call Scheduling to get a priority build on my car. The rest of this info I got from my Dealer who got it from the Dist Rep so I expect something has been 'lost in translation'. My Dealer said the Rep said something about week 8. My speculation is that perhaps GT500's will begin production week 8 of MY 11 production. 11 MY production starts March 15 which puts week 8 to May 10. Again, I got this second hand from my Dealer who got this from his Dist. Rep. so I'm suspect something was not heard or communicated correctly.

Just talked to my Dealer, still no allocation. I would think they would be out in the next couple of weeks (if not sooner) so the Schedulers know what to schedule.

IF the dealer signed up for the GT500 the will get at least ONE!!!

Just talked to our zone mgr today and she hasnt heard anything about allocation yet. She calls me as soon as she hears something. She knows I wont sell one until I know for sure that I have one to sell!!! Dont order someone a car on FAITH!

Should be coming out real soon

MM

IF the dealer signed up for the GT500 the will get at least ONE!!!

Just talked to our zone mgr today and she hasnt heard anything about allocation yet. She calls me as soon as she hears something. She knows I wont sell one until I know for sure that I have one to sell!!! Dont order someone a car on FAITH!

Should be coming out real soon

MM

Great, thanks MM

Could you make a post when you find out allocations have been given?

Thanks

Great, thanks so much, keep us posted!

just got an allocation (1) TODAY! ordering up,.....

2011 Race red

svt pack (with stripe delete)

nav

shelby car cover

stickering at $55,7xx ( sorry ill have to check again guys)

also i noticed with the svt pack, the fronts are 19" backs are 20", thats why the guide was mixed up with one page saying

they came with 19's and the another saying 20's.

order will go in today or friday, if anyone wishs to use my allocation and wants to change somthing

please call me asap! this car is set to hit in mid-to-late April. Last i was told we only get 1 this year :headscratch:

Just got off the phone with my Dealer and he just got off the phone with his Ford rep. I have the first retail order in our zone so I will be getting my zone's first allocation. The Ford rep then went on to say that Scheduling has not begun for the 2011 Shelbys and allocations will not be distributed until scheduling begins. The Ford rep said they would know more towards the end of next week and would let us know.

Just got off the phone with my Dealer and he just got off the phone with his Ford rep. I have the first retail order in our zone so I will be getting my zone's first allocation. The Ford rep then went on to say that Scheduling has not begun for the 2011 Shelbys and allocations will not be distributed until scheduling begins. The Ford rep said they would know more towards the end of next week and would let us know.

check back with your ford rep in your zone. cause im 100% sure we are not the only ones to get an allocation.

but i will say my dealership does sell a good amount of mustangs and shelby GT500's.

check back with your ford rep in your zone. cause im 100% sure we are not the only ones to get an allocation.

but i will say my dealership does sell a good amount for mustangs and shelby GT500's.

I called my dealer this afternoon and he told me he had just received one allocation today. He also said I was the only one who's ordered so far so he said it was all mine. They are looking at production starting some time in march. That's what he told me anyways... We are located in Toronto, Canada.

Well I know my dealer is getting at least the one I ordered. However, I highly doubt I'm going to take it because most likely I'm going to take a bath if I do. If anyone is interested it's Kona Blue, White Stripes, and Electronics Package. I can hook you up with them and it will be yours! No guess work required as to if it will arrive or not.

Well I know my dealer is getting at least the one I ordered. However, I highly doubt I'm going to take it because most likely I'm going to take a bath if I do. If anyone is interested it's Kona Blue, White Stripes, and Electronics Package. I can hook you up with them and it will be yours! No guess work required as to if it will arrive or not.

i have 1 retail order already in, #44X and i have 2 other allocations availablehappy%20feet.gif

I sent ya a PM on BPC.. what ya got for me?.. :)

Archived