TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Production pictures

ShelbyPilot

I did not realize that they decided to use the same rear bumper / facia as the GT/CS. I knew the front was the same but I thought the early photos showed a different back bumper. IMO the GT/CS styling cues are nice, but they copied them all. I guess that made Fords job easy.

.....I didn't know they were using that bumper either but I like it. Even if it just more fuel for the "it's only a GT/CS with a some lettering" crowd.....Oh well, just look up and let the letters remind you what they spell. :banana piano:

Look at my signature...I am pro GT/CS, so don't get me wrong, I like it, I just think they could of done something unique.

Guys, these cars do start life as GT/CS's, then they are modified into Shelby GTs at SAI...just like Shelby GT 350s started as Mustang GTs in the 60's. Cool Pix! FWIW-- I really like the GT/CS anyway....

I couldn't agree with you more, crispy. The car is beautiful and it is a Shelby!!! :yahoo:

Guys, these cars do start life as GT/CS's, then they are modified into Shelby GTs at SAI...just like Shelby GT 350s started as Mustang GTs in the 60's. Cool Pix! FWIW-- I really like the GT/CS anyway....

Didn't they market this car with a GT bumper when it was 1st announced ?

Didn't they market this car with a GT bumper when it was 1st announced ?

....yeah, that was what my surprise and comments that I like the this bumper.....SAI even has chrome accents for the tailpipe cutouts in the Shelby GT shopping area....I guess they won't be needed now.

....yeah, that was what my surprise was and commens that I like the this bumper.....SAI even has chrome accents for the tailpipe cutouts in the Shelby GT shopping area....I guess they won't be needed now.

So they post photos and advertise the car one way thru all kinds of marketing and then pull a big switch on you and all the others. I don't get it?

I like the GT/CS rear bumper better, but I am sure there are some that were counting on what was advertised. :doh:

I agree with you socaljafo (on the spoiler & stuff). As far as what's pictured, yeah, those are Proto's. Additionally, I know all manufacturers reserve the right to change items even during production. I have seen that a number of times, usually to my benefit. I think the CS was the way to go anyway because you get more extras (that I find attractive) and a lowered car. Believe me, I have thought- and thought- and thought about a CS 'vert..throw a blower on it, etc...but I just can't bring myself to do it. I really want a Shelby 'vert. So I wait some more... :doh:

I agree with you socaljafo (on the spoiler & stuff). As far as what's pictured, yeah, those are Proto's. Additionally, I know all manufacturers reserve the right to change items even during production. I have seen that a number of times, usually to my benefit. I think the CS was the way to go anyway because you get more extras (that I find attractive) and a lowered car. Believe me, I have thought- and thought- and thought about a CS 'vert..throw a blower on it, etc...but I just can't bring myself to do it. I really want a Shelby 'vert. So I wait some more... :doh:

Can't you buy a CS vert and have them convert it???

The GT/CS has a lower front bumper "Look" with its extended facia. The car is not lowered.

Archived