TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mobile 1 oil filter

Perimeter

I'm using the mobil 1 5-50 in my next oil change. Is the mobil 1 oil filter be a good choice Or should I get something else?

I used it on mine. Not that it makes it a good choice or not, just stating a fact. I did do a quick search and found this............

"This filter is made by Champion Labs and uses a synthetic fiber element that can filter out very small particles. It is rated by the manufacturer at just under the Purolator Pure One as far as filtering capability, but is still very much above conventional paper filters. It also has a very strong construction to withstand high pressure spikes during start-up. Given the choice between the Purolator Pure One and the Mobil 1 filters, I would choose the Mobil 1 because of the restriction concerns of the Pure One. However, as with all Mobil 1 products, expect to pay 2 - 3 times as much for this filter. I have seen this filter sold at AutoZone and K-mart.

Though I have never had problems, I have received feedback from a few people that these filters may leak at the base. It seems that the seal between the backplate and can may burst under high pressure (at startup). These were on Ford engine applications."

To be honest I always used a Fram or Motorcraft filter but at the time of my oil purchase there were none in the store for my application. I was told to use a synthetic filter with synthetic oil and as long as I was using Mobil 1 oil I chose the mobil 1 filter.

also a qiuck Google search using "Mobil 1 oil filter" brought up other positive results.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Doug

I'm using the mobil 1 5-50 in my next oil change. Is the mobil 1 oil filter be a good choice Or should I get something else?

So Mobil 1 now makes our required oil in their own label? Where do you get it and how much does it cost?

I used it on mine. Not that it makes it a good choice or not, just stating a fact. I did do a quick search and found this............

"This filter is made by Champion Labs and uses a synthetic fiber element that can filter out very small particles. It is rated by the manufacturer at just under the Purolator Pure One as far as filtering capability, but is still very much above conventional paper filters. It also has a very strong construction to withstand high pressure spikes during start-up. Given the choice between the Purolator Pure One and the Mobil 1 filters, I would choose the Mobil 1 because of the restriction concerns of the Pure One. However, as with all Mobil 1 products, expect to pay 2 - 3 times as much for this filter. I have seen this filter sold at AutoZone and K-mart.

Though I have never had problems, I have received feedback from a few people that these filters may leak at the base. It seems that the seal between the backplate and can may burst under high pressure (at startup). These were on Ford engine applications."

To be honest I always used a Fram or Motorcraft filter but at the time of my oil purchase there were none in the store for my application. I was told to use a synthetic filter with synthetic oil and as long as I was using Mobil 1 oil I chose the mobil 1 filter.

also a qiuck Google search using "Mobil 1 oil filter" brought up other positive results.

Hope this helps and good luck!

MM&FF did a header test on a GT500 engine and I couldn't believe my eyes in one of the atricles photos. Its a NAPA oil filter screwed on to the engine. I was surprised to say the least.

Doug

Archived