TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Black SGT Thread

azmartin

I just got this, 07SGT0195 from the original owner. I was going to buy a new or slightly used 5.0L 2011+ Mustang but just couldn't pull the trigger on one. I've never been a big Ford fan but I had always wanted a Shelby of some sort so the SGT seemed a natural fit. While many car guys put down the Shelby GT because its only 19-25 more horsepower more than a stock 4.6L, I think they tend to forget the original GT-350s were only 35 horses more than the stock hiperf 289.

The Shelby GT strikes me as pretty good balance and I can always supercharge further down the road if I need more. Anyway, its nothing special, just a clean, low mileage, one owner Shelby GT in the "proper" black color.

AUT_4502.jpg

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on your purchase! I have #191! I bought it from the orginal owner in Nov. of 2011. I am almost finished modifying mine. I just had the Shelby gauge pod installed to complete the SC package! The only left to do is the one piece drive shaft!

TNTChris

• 1 month later...

I ended up getting the Raxium Smoked OE Style Headlights after

running covers for about a month. I have now had these lights

in for about 5 months and my problem with them now is since

it is getting dark at about 5 here in Pa., I often get caught out

after dark and these are terrible for seeing on the back country

roads that I have to travel to get to my house. I tried the PIAA

bulbs with only a slight improvement, but still not good enough

for me to be comfortable driving at night. Here is a link to the lights

in these photos.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/smoked-oe-headlights-0509.html

While these are the best looking headlights, I would rather be safe

when driving at night. I think I am going to try the new lights that

recently came out by Raxiom "Retro Style Headlights - Pre-Painted".

http://www.americanmuscle.com/painted-headlights-0509.html

I think they will give a nice custom look and be safer for night driving.

I am hoping to get these and put them in over the winter.

DSC01268b.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got this, 07SGT0195 from the original owner. I was going to buy a new or slightly used 5.0L 2011+ Mustang but just couldn't pull the trigger on one. I've never been a big Ford fan but I had always wanted a Shelby of some sort so the SGT seemed a natural fit. While many car guys put down the Shelby GT because its only 19-25 more horsepower more than a stock 4.6L, I think they tend to forget the original GT-350s were only 35 horses more than the stock hiperf 289.

The Shelby GT strikes me as pretty good balance and I can always supercharge further down the road if I need more. Anyway, its nothing special, just a clean, low mileage, one owner Shelby GT in the "proper" black color.

AUT_4502.jpg

Nice to see another AZ SGt.. Nice looking ride. Looks like you got a great buy. Come on over to the East AZ side and take a ride up Mt Graham or the Coronado trail. Makes for a nice drive in the SGT.

Jeff

#3628 here in Vegas! I don't know if anybody mentioned it yet, but black is the ONLY olor SGT to be sold in both '07 & '08. The '08 was the SGT-BJ edition. Thus ends the debate on what color is the best! Rock on black SGT's!!!!!! :rockon:

• 4 weeks later...

CSM 07SGT0512

This is my first Stang, first domestic, and first Shelby. I absolutely love this car! she does have the dreaded striping problems, but those are getting handled here in the next couple of months. I also do side work at a local speed shop in Dallas...just in case anyone is interested. Hit me up.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived