TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Black SGT Thread

azmartin

First post, nice to meet you all. I am the humble original owner of 2007 Black Shelby GT #0495 and #119 Shelby Fender GT Guitar. My guitar was stolen out of my wifes car early 2008 and was recovered off ebay while I was shopping for a christmas gift for myself in 2009. Called the police and they recoved my guitar. Really happy to have them reunited again. Below are some pics of my car and one of my 06 vista blue gt at the track

Nice car & welcome to TS! That's amazing that you were able to get your guitar back, congrats on that!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice car & welcome to TS! That's amazing that you were able to get your guitar back, congrats on that!

thank you. yes I was very lucky to get my guitar and car back together. I printed the listing and copied my police report to add to my car's story. The only bad thing is that my guitar came back minus guitar kit accessories and paperwork that the guitar comes with. No charges were filed becuase the guy with the guitar said he got it from a guy who got it from a guy .. and so on.

CM 07SGT0456 lives in Ontario Canada

Just bought it at the 2011 Carlisle all ford nationals the car had 637 miles, 8 days later 1300 and climbing.

no mods planed yet but a Whipple is in my future.

post-33418-0-56045400-1308012107_thumb.jpg

post-33418-0-03821800-1308250366_thumb.jpg

post-33418-0-56045400-1308012107_thumb.jpg

post-33418-0-03821800-1308250366_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Back to the forums now that this site is working faster than it was a while back.

Posted some photos showing SGT-5613 with blacked out light covers.

I have purchased all the actual lights that are tinted so I can remove the covers.

I liked the looks of the blacked out lights, but covers made rub marks on lights.

With actual tinted lights, it should look really good. :)

Sig Photo Black Lights.JPG

Sig Photo Black Lights.JPG

• 3 months later...

I got all my new blacked out lights installed, the front turn signals made the most difference to me.

I really like the looks of this now. I also put on the Agent 47 side mirrors. I still have the recessed louvers to get put in yet.

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h393/427_Cammer/DSC07049b1024.jpg

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h393/427_Cammer/DSC008891024.jpg

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h393/427_Cammer/DSC070501024.jpg

That was a really good idea, so I Paint Shopped on my photo and I like the results.

It really makes the stripes pop.

Looks like another small mod to do. :)

PSPBlackUpperGrill1024.jpg

Here it is summer. Spent the last year in the interior of Alaska. Only had one trip in my SGT this last year. Nice to see all the SGT's are still out on the road. Sure will miss that old grin and smile of Mr. Carroll. Can't wait to take a ride in the SGT and help push on his memory.

Take care and drive safe. 3 more months till back in AZ.

The black out looks very sharp. Your car looks absolutely awesome! In one of your picts, I thought I saw the 29" antenna on the car. I highly recommend you install a shorter antenna. I have an 8" on mine and love it. Many like the antenna that lines with the roof line, however, I prefer shorter.

Just got mine Friday as gift from my Wife as an anniversary gift.

Nice ride, nice wife. So now drive it like you stole it!!!! Enjoy.

The black out looks very sharp. Your car looks absolutely awesome! In one of your picts, I thought I saw the 29" antenna on the car. I highly recommend you install a shorter antenna. I have an 8" on mine and love it. Many like the antenna that lines with the roof line, however, I prefer shorter.

Yes, I plan on getting the short antenna. I will probably pick one up at Ford Carlisle on Saturday. I measured the stock antenna and it is 32 inches.

I just got done with my week long polishing, sealing, glazing and waxing to get ready for Ford Carlisle. Once a year I give it the full treatment

of Adams Polishing System. It really came out nice. I will try to get some photos tomorrow before the rain moves in.

These are before polishing and the works.

DSC070501024.jpg

DSC008891024.jpg

DSC07122_1024.jpg

Protecting the trim and stripes.

DSC07125_1024.jpg

Protecting the trim and stripes.

DSC07140_1024.jpg

You can really see the swirls in this shot.

Michael, Where did you get you CF Radiator cover from with the holes cut out for the pins and the prop rod holder? Thanks

The guy was on ebay.....but he sent me an email a while back saying he was starting his own website and would not be on ebay anymore.

Let me see if I kept the email, if I can find it, I will PM you.

The guy was on ebay.....but he sent me an email a while back saying he was starting his own website and would not be on ebay anymore.

Let me see if I kept the email, if I can find it, I will PM you.

Thanks - would appreciate any info you can find.

SGT #3184 Grand Jct. CO checking in. Took it out of hibernation wed, thurs, and friday. I had to check the sound/performance of the new Long tube headers. Snowed again today. Glad I got a quick fix as it has been parked since November.

You're the closest CSM# to mine I've seen. #3102 checking in from Roscoe, IL

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived