TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Joy Of The Shelby Has Been Destroyed

PhotoRick

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While not a V8 musclecar - my 350Z gets on down the road!

What's been on my mind recently when I go up through 3 or 4 gears, is how another 200 hp is going to feel like! I mean, I've got 3.90 gears in mine - and a few NA mods - so it probably does 0-60 in about 4.5. But - I just can't wait for the first ride.

I've got the first tune picked out, too. Ronnie & the Daytona's "Hey, Little Cobra!" :shift:

Hey little Cobra don't ya know we're gonna shut 'em doooow..ow..oown ;-) :shift:

I accept that challenge!

"I took my Cobra down the track/hitched to the back of my Cadillac/everyone was there just waitin' for me/ there were plenty of Stingrays and X-KE's"

Who is The Man? :hysterical:

Hey little Cobra get ready to strike.....

Hey little Cobra with all your might.....

:party:

Shouldn't the company treat is customers fairly? Are we nothing more than $ to the dealers and to Ford? Shouldn't there be loyalty on both sides? Isn't customer resentment a long-term problem for the dealers and for Ford.

Look what is happening to Northwest Airlines due in part to its customer unfriendly policies. Now they want to charge an additional fee for a seat in an exit row. Last nail in their coffin.

Ford could be doing so much better with the excitement of the Shelby. The price gouging will be a huge negative factor in the long term.

I have been talking Shelby to my local dealership for months. They have been very encouraging the whole time. Now that it's time to write up a final deal, their first and maybe only Shelby will be going to an out-of-state banker who is foolish enough to pay $20,000 over sticker. That added value will likely be lost very soon.

I currently own 4 vintage Hemi Mopars, when I went to the auto show and saw the Gt 500 I told my wife and son it was time to get one. My wife says why don't you order one......well guess what, every dealer I contacted said I can't order one because their allotment was already sold and they had people paying way over M.S.R.P. that had first chance. I e-mail, talked on the phone and I have to say out of about 20 dealers here in wisconsin only 3 were polite and not rude to me. I asked if they could contact me if they were alloted anymore ( I never said I would not pay over M.S.R.P.) not one however said they would, and a few said to quote " Ya right" meaning that there was no chance they would even consider it. Not one even mentioned if there was to be a 2008 model that they would contact me to place an order.

Well I have to admit I have bought all new Chrysler products over the last 20 years and this is the first time in a long time I have considered a new Ford, I will tell you I am not impressed with the current situation at all

and it has me kinda rethinking about getting one .Should I continue to "beg" to buy a $45 to $50k car from Ford. If these American companies are having a hard time financially maybe they should reconsider their sales technique because it must not be working.

Trying not to be too negative but I guess I will have to wait and see, I will give it a few more months and if it still looks like the situation hasn't improved, well I just don't need one that bad.....and I don't want a used one.

Congrats to the people that were lucky enough to get to order one without all the "Bull"

I currently own 4 vintage Hemi Mopars, when I went to the auto show and saw the Gt 500 I told my wife and son it was time to get one. My wife says why don't you order one......well guess what, every dealer I contacted said I can't order one because their allotment was already sold and they had people paying way over M.S.R.P. that had first chance. I e-mail, talked on the phone and I have to say out of about 20 dealers here in wisconsin only 3 were polite and not rude to me. I asked if they could contact me if they were alloted anymore ( I never said I would not pay over M.S.R.P.) not one however said they would, and a few said to quote " Ya right" meaning that there was no chance they would even consider it. Not one even mentioned if there was to be a 2008 model that they would contact me to place an order.

Well I have to admit I have bought all new Chrysler products over the last 20 years and this is the first time in a long time I have considered a new Ford, I will tell you I am not impressed with the current situation at all

and it has me kinda rethinking about getting one .Should I continue to "beg" to buy a $45 to $50k car from Ford. If these American companies are having a hard time financially maybe they should reconsider their sales technique because it must not be working.

Trying not to be too negative but I guess I will have to wait and see, I will give it a few more months and if it still looks like the situation hasn't improved, well I just don't need one that bad.....and I don't want a used one.

Congrats to the people that were lucky enough to get to order one without all the "Bull"

Hey, srk1959, this is the kind of thing many have run into and it really :censored: . If it's any consolation realize that in the 'stangs unleashed survey a few weeks back 73% of those with GT500's on-order had deals for MSRP-or-less. But I suspect that's much harder now. I truly believe MSRP will be back by mid-winter or next year (who knows, many think not) -- we shall see.

However, there's is something you can do while you're waiting. If you feel as mistreated as I suspect you might, consider a letter to Bill Ford. I've written him in the past on dealer practices and I was recently told by a Ford rep that a letter directly to him carries more weight than anything else we can do. Realize that Ford has no driect control over dealer pricing -- franchise agreements being how they are -- but that should not discourage you from sending a focussed, well-thought-out letter directly to the man letting him know how you feel and how your experience with Ford dealers is sullying his name and the company's reputation -- it will carry way more weight than a bullet on a chart by his staff.

You might try the following address I found on the net (I used a different address, but it came back twice before 'sticking'): William Clay Ford, Jr., Chief Executive Officer, Ford Motor Company, Customer Relationship Center, P.O. Box 6248, Dearborn, Michigan 48126

Good luck in your search -- the GT500 is awesome! Hope you get one soon. I'm waiting for the prices to drop. I've never paid over MSRP and never will (hell, I've never paid more than 5% over invoice!), so I'm still having faith... :burnout:

Hey, srk1959, this is the kind of thing many have run into and it really :censored: . If it's any consolation realize that in the 'stangs unleashed survey a few weeks back 73% of those with GT500's on-order had deals for MSRP-or-less. But I suspect that's much harder now. I truly believe MSRP will be back by mid-winter or next year (who knows, many think not) -- we shall see.

However, there's is something you can do while you're waiting. If you feel as mistreated as I suspect you might, consider a letter to Bill Ford. I've written him in the past on dealer practices and I was recently told by a Ford rep that a letter directly to him carries more weight than anything else we can do. Realize that Ford has no driect control over dealer pricing -- franchise agreements being how they are -- but that should not discourage you from sending a focussed, well-thought-out letter directly to the man letting him know how you feel and how your experience with Ford dealers is sullying his name and the company's reputation -- it will carry way more weight than a bullet on a chart by his staff.

You might try the following address I found on the net (I used a different address, but it came back twice before 'sticking'): William Clay Ford, Jr., Chief Executive Officer, Ford Motor Company, Customer Relationship Center, P.O. Box 6248, Dearborn, Michigan 48126

Good luck in your search -- the GT500 is awesome! Hope you get one soon. I'm waiting for the prices to drop. I've never paid over MSRP and never will (hell, I've never paid more than 5% over invoice!), so I'm still having faith... :burnout:

Thanks for the address info 68fastback, I will give that a try. I haven't given up yet, I will write decent letter and keep checking. Once the first batch is out who knows maybe I can luck into one that someone changed their mind on delivery.....slim but ya never know. Otherwise there is 2008?????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

humm, lots of great commits on both sides. iam like alot of the other poor working slobs that planned and waited from the first time of hearing even rumors of this car.after owning 6 other mustangs i had this pegged as my next car. then my heart was broke upon learning of the limited number being produced and the premiums being paid." ford needs to take a page from GM i can go order z0 6 vettes all day long at sticker " i don't have to be the first kid on the block to get one i was hopeing to order mine near the end of the production run, but with a limited number i had all but given up.

i didn't even know until sat , 11/11 that ford was going to build them in 08 that was how much i had given up on the ideal. iam now on the list for an 08 model. ford just needs to build enough cars to satisfy the market.

iam sorry to you the big buck people who feel it is your right to keep these all for yourselfs. but us little guys should get to have some fun once inawile too. :banghead:

Wow, this thread is a blast from the past.

I am sorry to hear your dispair.

It is not the "big buck" people that aced you out.

It is called supply and demand for a car that has not been made for 40 years.

There are other great Mustangs that you can get, get one and have fun. :shift:

I am like a lot of the other poor working slobs that planned and waited from the first time of hearing even rumors of this car. After owning 6 other mustangs I had this pegged as my next car. I am now on the list for an 08 model. Ford just needs to build enough cars to satisfy the market.

Despite what some might say, you are not alone in your quest for the car as originally presented by Ford. Stay with that list, and make sure all the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted. I have a strong suspicion that we will see another year of production, and that would make the collector types who speculated this program to the heights it is presently at just apoplectic. And I suspect that that would make almost as many owners VERY happy. For a sum total of lots of premium Ford cars sold. :victory:

Archived