TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ughhhhhhhh

When I picked up my car I was floored that it said that only 65% of the parts that are used in assembly were from the USA! Wonder where the other 35% are from? My 2000 MY stang was like 85%+ from the US, its going in the wrong direction.... :slapfight:

Welcome to 2010, as a country we have been on this import drug for some time now. I have no idea now how we can get off it. You would be amazed at how many items today that used to be "Made in the USA" are no longer manufactured here. The companies do not tell you, but the "Made in the USA" stamp is gone and usually hidden somewhere it says "Made in China". The quality on most items is not close to standard, but the margin is unreal. It is critical this change, I could go on, but will rest here. I do not want to talk politics...........

Serious !

What the heck is this ? Buhler ? Buhler ? Anyone ? ?

Andrew

I have no idea what it is...I checked my 08SGT and neither of those little boxes are on the strut tower. Could they have been added when your S/C was done?

When I picked up my car I was floored that it said that only 65% of the parts that are used in assembly were from the USA! Wonder where the other 35% are from? My 2000 MY stang was like 85%+ from the US, its going in the wrong direction.... slapfight.gif

Glad I have an 07, my sticker does not say this....headscratch.gif

That's just wrong. How can it be acceptable to have a "Made In China" sticker on American muscle... :headscratch:

The thing that worries me most is that U.S. manufacturing (to support the war effort) was the key to bringing our country out of the Great Depression last time...

How will we emerge this time?

I lost three very good engineering positions as Motorola outsourced its electronics and board divisions to China and Mexico...which soon failed miserably and was sold to Emerson for pennies on the dollar.

I am about to lose my fifth job to the Czech Republic, as Honeywell tries to save a buck by building gas turbine (jet) engines and flight control systems using laborers straight from the fields.

Just a friendly note: Save yourself...Don't fly!

Well at least it's not "made in france"... :hysterical:

You guys think the "stuff" in American cars is bad; how 'bout the foreign stuff in our military equipment? :banghead:

Hey one_quik_pony, you may want to use a different avatar. Since the picture is small, it looks like you have a giant 'fro... :hysterical3: It looks like some kind of awning in the background of your head...

Andrew

I washed the car yesterday and looked under the hood for this part and my car does not have it. However, I did see 2 holes in the strut tower where the part would be....

Laurence

Thanks for looking, I am starting to think maybe it is Supercharger related .....

I need to go back out to the garage and get the complete part number and ask Whipple

Take Care

Andrew

Andrew

I washed the car yesterday and looked under the hood for this part and my car does not have it. However, I did see 2 holes in the strut tower where the part would be....

Laurence

I think the two holes you saw are on the front of the strut tower and those are for the HID lights that were added to the 2008 models I believe. The part in question on Andrew's car is further around on the side of the strut tower. I believe it may be Supercharger related since he has the Whipple installed on his car. I looked on my 2008 SGT and didn't have anything there in that area either.

I think the two holes you saw are on the front of the strut tower and those are for the HID lights that were added to the 2008 models I believe. The part in question on Andrew's car is further around on the side of the strut tower. I believe it may be Supercharger related since he has the Whipple installed on his car. I looked on my 2008 SGT and didn't have anything there in that area either.

Motorjock

I did see two holes in front and there are two on the side where the part pictured is located. One hole is round and the other in elongated..... Its a mystery to me...

Laurence

Welcome to 2010, as a country we have been on this import drug for some time now. I have no idea now how we can get off it. You would be amazed at how many items today that used to be "Made in the USA" are no longer manufactured here. The companies do not tell you, but the "Made in the USA" stamp is gone and usually hidden somewhere it says "Made in China". The quality on most items is not close to standard, but the margin is unreal. It is critical this change, I could go on, but will rest here. I do not want to talk politics...........

+1

Hard to compete with a country where the average yearly wage is $4,000 and few environmental or OSHA laws. :angry22:

Well at least it's not "made in france"... :hysterical:

You guys think the "stuff" in American cars is bad; how 'bout the foreign stuff in our military equipment? :banghead:

Hey one_quik_pony, you may want to use a different avatar. Since the picture is small, it looks like you have a giant 'fro... :hysterical3: It looks like some kind of awning in the background of your head...

Hey...the car has its "retro" styling cues, so why not me? :headscratch:

I'll bet some acetone and a q-tip would take off the "Made in China", yet with some diligence, could still leave the rest of the identification...just in case.

Care to take a guess at how many MILITARY tank and aircraft components are now manufactured by Honeywell, by our former enemies? How about the M1 Abrams tank for starters... :rant2:

One of my favorite quotes:

"[We] beat the daylights out of the Japanese, the Nazis. But if big business closes thedoor on the little guy with a new idea, we're not only closing the door on progress, but we'resabotaging everything that we fought for, everything that the country stands for. And oneday, we're going to find ourselves at the bottom of the heap instead of king of the hill, havingno idea how we got there, buying our radios and our cars from our former enemies."- Preston Thomas Tucker (Jeff Bridges)

This hung on my office wall while the people of China, Vietnam, and Mexico were put up in local resorts and given our jobs.

They're all like that, go into a Harley store once and see how much is made in the USA, everything is stamped China, India, hardley anything they sell is made in the USA anymore.

They're all like that, go into a Harley store once and see how much is made in the USA, everything is stamped China, India, hardley anything they sell is made in the USA anymore.

Yeah and the really great part about all of this is that the crap is not any cheaper.

Add the fake image and its gross...

To each his own, I ride Shovelhead FTF. My new bike is being built around a HD Shovelhead and a Revtech trans both made in USA.

Be nice if one car company made a 100% USA made car or motorcycle.

It was announced yesterday that China is now the world's largest exporter passing up Germany. The report did not say where the US stood. Our politicians, corporate execs, and union bosses should be lined up.

This is what concerns me deeply about China...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/#35320119

Paying them back should be the United States number 1 priority IMO.

Hi Andrew,

I just completed my whipple installation myself. I know the system pretty well now. The good and the not so good. All things considered it is a good kit.

The part in question "Made in China" is the power module relay for your intercooler water pump. The smaller black box is the fuse holder. Note that one red wire is connected to your +Voltage source and the black wire is connected to the ground located on your strut tower.

As an FYI, if you look at your intercooler you will see a gold sticker with black lettering that states "Made in Tiawn". There was one or two smaller items I noticed that were made somewhere other than our good ole USA.

Most all of the wiring harnesses for the kit is supplied by Ford. Of course they have a 3rd party makes these however the quality is pretty good. I found the grounds on the fuel system harness were about 6 inches too short but that was an easy fix.

The install manual needs some improvemnt and the parts need to marked. For example in the instructions it states get part XXX marked XXX and install. Well the part XXX is there but is not marked. Kind of hard doing the inital nventory but I got throught it.

The only real issue I have had is that when I sent the PCM to whipple they failed to progam my axle ratio to 4:10 as I listed on the data sheet and also taped to the PCM incase they lost the data sheet you use when you send in the PCM. Now I have two choices. Buy a tune from Lund for my SCT and install it so I can make changes to axle ratios and tires when I make changes -OR- spend $60.00 to shipo back to them for next day service and have whipple fix the axle ratio. If I do this I still will not be able to make changes in the future so I am leaning on buying the Lund program from Lethal Perfomance where I bought my Whipple.

So far I like the dealings I have had with Lethal Perfomance and most likely will continue to purchase all my shelby parts needs from them. I kind of like one stop shopping when I find a place that knows the product and has great support. So far thery have been great.

If you run into issues or have questions on your whipple send me an email and if possible I will try to pass on my findings. I took a lot of pictures etc through out the installation so I can send those to anyone that may need a copy.

Good luck with the scrubing of the China. I plan on re-installing both of these components as well as the fuel pump fuse link in a better enviorment when I get the time. Still pondering the best way to do this. FYI, you will see another small black rounded type box located in the same area and that would be your power wire and 30amp fuse for your dual fuel pump. If you ever loose your fuel pump remove the black cover and there will be a 30 aqmp fuse to check. Suuggest you seal the top good when replacing fuse to prevent mositure.

Take Care,

-Billy

Archived