TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lonely Bunny time....

Blip

Looks like the Bunny is gonna be in the hutch for a while longer...I blame it on the stupid Ground Hog. :censored:

If you haven't heard yet, the Mid-Atlantic is getting another little winter gift starting tomorrow. :banghead::angry22:

Our area is in the 16-24+ inch zone and then there's a follow-on storm for Tuesday.

One of the local TV weathermen actually said to get supplies to last for the next 3 to 5 days, that's what I call stroking the panic.

(And there's still about 4 inches of the white stuff leftover from last weekend --when did Maryland become the new frozen tundra of the East!)

I live in the sticks and a 1/4 mile off the road;my driveway looks like a monster truck bog.4WD only

Ready for Spring and warmer weather

Doc Scott

Scott, boy that's tough, I feel for you!

Blip I don't know what to say in your case, very tough indeed.

Rain the last few days here, and wind, but should bring spring flowers and a good greenup. Looks like maybe tomorrow I can get the bunny out - no to be to rude...

Link the Terlingua JackRabbit has it all over the groundhog I am thinking - perhaps Blip can doodle the converation they might have were they together.

LOL.

VB

Yeah, well what I didn't say was that right now it is 49 and has been raining for two days straight. My property looks like a Louisiana bayou...

Unless the end of my driveway (the 10' right at the highway is gravel) dries out nothing other than one of my trucks is going anywhere.

I can already tell how much sympathy you guys up North feel for us down here!

:gang:

Looks like the Bunny is gonna be in the hutch for a while longer...I blame it on the stupid Ground Hog. :censored:

If you haven't heard yet, the Mid-Atlantic is getting another little winter gift starting tomorrow. :banghead::angry22:

Our area is in the 16-24+ inch zone and then there's a follow-on storm for Tuesday.

One of the local TV weathermen actually said to get supplies to last for the next 3 to 5 days, that's what I call stroking the panic.

(And there's still about 4 inches of the white stuff leftover from last weekend --when did Maryland become the new frozen tundra of the East!)

We feel your pain Blip. You waited so long to get it in the garage and now you wait to get it out..................come on Spring!!!

Thanks eveyone. Got up this morning to 22 inches at 7:30 am and it looked like this...

Feb2010set01.jpg

My wife started working with the snow blower while my sons help me dig out the John Deere

(see the bottom left photo--we places it between the Outlook and the garage wall.)

Feb2010set02.jpg

When we finished several hours later, snow was over 26 inches and still falling, plus

wind was gusting to near blizzard-like conditions. Our county road has yet to see a plow,

so we are going to be here for awhile.

And current photos showing snow piles we made by the driveway and the back deck.

Feb2010set03.jpg

(And VB--still working on the doodles , but just a bit distracted.) ;) :D

Thanks eveyone. Got up this morning to 22 inches at 7:30 am and it looked like this...

Feb2010set01.jpg

My wife started working with the snow blower while my sons help me dig out the John Deere

(see the bottom left photo--we places it between the Outlook and the garage wall.)

Feb2010set02.jpg

When we finished several hours later, snow was over 26 inches and still falling, plus

wind was gusting to near blizzard-like conditions. Our county road has yet to see a plow,

so we are going to be here for awhile.

And current photos showing snow piles we made by the driveway and the back deck.

Feb2010set03.jpg

(And VB--still working on the doodles , but just a bit distracted.) ;) :D

Blip,

Yep I can sure see that and now verify you are not snowing me - said with my deepest sympathies and hope for spring.

Thanks,

VB

Thankfully here in Chicago the worst that we've had so far is less than a foot so needless to say we have been having a very light winter in terms of snow. Hopefully it stays that way :dance:

It's supposed to be sunny & mid 60's here tomorrow, I was thinking of taking a Cobra for a ride...

That's just rude :cry: reminding us all Northern Shelby owners that we can't use our cars is just mean :finger: and cruel....

Leann--not suppose to get much above freezing all week with nighttime temps dropping into the teens, so there will be a hard freeze each night.

(And then there's that new storm for Tuesday night and Wednesday.) :banghead:

Well, to continue the story and somehow include the Terlingua--this set shows the "final" clean-up on Saturday night. Sun came out right

before sunset, so we wanted to clean off the last snow before the hard freeze. Here's the Bunny serving as the warming/prep station for snow blower.

The bottom shows my younger son and friends hiding from my wife as she starts clearing a path. Took me a while to dig out the tractor again.

Feb2010set04.jpg

And now here's a beautiful Sunday morning in the Maryland Tundra, heard that our local total was about 34" inches. (We live near Crofton.)

Now anyone got a spare snow plow? These photos show our driveway and the path on the road we made to our neighbor's house. They are trapped in Florida'

so we are taking care of their dogs. My son is standing beside that drift at the top of our driveway. (He is 5' 7" as a reference--and hates to wear long pants,

It was 16 degrees when I took this photo.)

Feb2010set05.jpg

Feb2010set06.jpg

Heard one news report that it might be "days" before the schools can open again! :angry22::redcard:

Hope anyone else dealing with this mess is doing well, we have been lucky in not loosing our power or cable/internet.

Blip,my soggy messy road suddenly looks pretty good;may not get the Shelbys out(or in) but at least its not a frozen wasteland!

On the upside been surfing the net and believe I bought a Bentley Turbo-R; SVOC got any info on these?

Looks like I'm goin' pimpin'

Doc Scott

Blip,my soggy messy road suddenly looks pretty good;may not get the Shelbys out(or in) but at least its not a frozen wasteland!

On the upside been surfing the net and believe I bought a Bentley Turbo-R; SVOC got any info on these?

Looks like I'm goin' pimpin'

Doc Scott

Scott,

That is awesome you will be a pimpin' and styling. What fun,

VB

Very cool addition Doc S! Style and power all in the same package.

:censored::redcard: OMG! The weather forecast has been increased to Winter Storm warning again for Tuesday night and Wednesday!!!

We are right in the 16 to 24 inch zone and the county just got a bucket loader back in our neighborhood to clear

just one lane and now we are about to get more. :banghead::angry22:

Speaking of Global warming, check out the giant ice cycle hanging from the streetlight. (Front door ones for comparison.)

Top photos were taken when Link was being moved about so the John Deere can stay nice and toastee in a garage bay tonight.

SnowLinkAndIce.jpg

:hysterical:

Speaking of Global warming, check out the giant ice cycle hanging from the streetlight. (Front door ones for comparison.)

Top photos were taken when Link was being moved about so the John Deere can stay nice and toastee in a garage bay tonight.

SnowLinkAndIce.jpg

BRRRR hope Link is a snow shoe bunny and keeps warm!

VB

Man, I would give anything for a week like that down here. Ive had ONE three day period in my life when I got to experience snow on the ground here in San Antonio. (of course I have been skiing many times, and I did live in Denver for some time.)

One time in 37 years...that just plain sucks. AND i have never experienced a white xmas...so while some of you are stuck in the snow playing with your kids and sledding around, think about me and people down in this area where we have a single season, summer, and it lasts about 9 months of the year.

Doc Scott

WOW! that's BIG Pimp'n right there!!

The Turbo R is the epitome of stylish luxury with some really rude power, monster brakes, and plush interior, pending on the model you picked up, they range from just under 300hp to as much as 600hp with tire shredding, asphalt ripping torque.

The do weigh in a at a portly 3 tons but have no problem getingg the mass to move with all that torque when the turbos spool up, the 6.7L Rolls Royce engine is a great compliment for this Luxo Power Barge!!

As with any British vehicle, (Lotus being my flavor) besure to keep a close eye on the electronics, as this is Britain's greatest down fall in their vehicles.

To the unknowning, it's like listening to Vivaldi's flute solo till you lay the loud pedal down then it's blaring Shortest Straw by Metalica!!

Heroine??? well you'll get the idea

BTW, I wanna know more about the SGT I hope you picked up, email, phone???

Spill Doc!!

Jeff

BTW, if I can get my Mustang sold, a 928 is in my sights.

RHD? I could have used that to deliver the mail in. That woulda been SWEEEEET!

Jeff, a 928? Count me in. Dreamed of that car when I was younger. David Robinson had on back in the early 90's. Had custom seat tracks so he could fit in it. That was a very nice car. I remember seeing a wide body 928 in Houston. Must of had 12" rims in the back!

Jeff, a 928? Count me in. Dreamed of that car when I was younger. David Robinson had on back in the early 90's. Had custom seat tracks so he could fit in it. That was a very nice car. I remember seeing a wide body 928 in Houston. Must of had 12" rims in the back!

Yeah I really would rather have the 928 since it's a true Grand Touring car, but I would settle for an early 911SC or Light Weight or even a really super clean 912 to tool around in, but a 928S2 5spd is what I'm really shooting for.

Archived