TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WOW, Another Earthquake off Coast of N. Cailfornia

WOW, Another Earthquake off the Coast of Northern Cailfornia. An earthquake happened in that area about a week before Haiti's Earthquake. Something is going on that aint good.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100204/ap_on_re_us/us_california_coast_earthquake

WOW, Another Earthquake off the Coast of Northern Cailfornia. An earthquake happened in that area about a week before Haiti's Earthquake. Something is going on that aint good.

http://news.yahoo.co...oast_earthquake

yea I noticed that I get emails when quakes occurs and the likelihood of a tsunami see below. got pay attention when you live on the coast

EUS71 PAAQ 042023

EQIWOC

TSUNAMI SEISMIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

NWS WEST COAST/ALASKA TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER PALMER AK

1223 PM PST THU FEB 4 2010

...THIS IS AN INFORMATION STATEMENT...

EVALUATION

AN EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED WITH A MAGNITUDE SUCH THAT A TSUNAMI IS NOT EXPECTED. IN COASTAL AREAS OF INTENSE SHAKING LOCALLY GENERATED TSUNAMIS CAN BE TRIGGERED BY UNDERWATER LANDSLIDES.

THIS WILL BE THE ONLY WCATWC MESSAGE ISSUED FOR THIS EVENT.

PRELIMINARY EARTHQUAKE PARAMETERS

MAGNITUDE - 6.0

TIME - 1120 AKST FEB 04 2010

1220 PST FEB 04 2010

2020 UTC FEB 04 2010

LOCATION - 40.3 NORTH 124.9 WEST

50 MILES/80 KM SW OF EUREKA CALIFORNIA

220 MILES/354 KM NW OF SAN FRANCISCO CALIFORNIA

DEPTH - 11 MILES/18 KM

THE LOCATION AND MAGNITUDE ARE BASED ON PRELIMINARY INFORMATION.

FURTHER INFORMATION WILL BE ISSUED BY THE UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY - EARTHQUAKE.USGS.GOV - OR THE APPROPRIATE REGIONAL SEISMIC NETWORK.

Glen

http://news.yahoo.co...oast_earthquake

Earthquakes of varying magnitudes are a daily occurrence in our great state. Anything under 3.0 are generally not felt.

Sit through a 6.0 + and you will contact your saviour.

Earthquakes of varying magnitudes are a daily occurrence in our great state. Anything under 3.0 are generally not felt.

Sit through a 6.0 + and you will contact your saviour.

The 94 Northridge quake has completely ruined Marji. Quake of any size sends her screaming for the door.

If you're looking for a really exciting ride, try being mid-span in stop and go commuter traffic on any of the S.F. Bay Area bridges when an earthquake strikes. I was on the Benicia bridge on 10/17/89 at 5:04 pm listening to the start of the Bay Bridge (A's v. Giants) World Series at Candlestick when the 7.1 Loma Prieta quake broke loose. I wanted to kiss the ground when I got to the other side.

If you're looking for a really exciting ride, try being mid-span in stop and go commuter traffic on any of the S.F. Bay Area bridges when an earthquake strikes. I was on the Benicia bridge on 10/17/89 at 5:04 pm listening to the start of the Bay Bridge (A's v. Giants) World Series at Candlestick when the 7.1 Loma Prieta quake broke loose. I wanted to kiss the ground when I got to the other side.

During that quake, I could have surfed the break in my pool. We lost half the pool water when it was done. At the time, we lived 6 miles from the San Andeas and the pool was parallel with the fault.

Yep...................that would do me in.

The bright side is you have summer all year long.....the downside is the whole thing may slide into the ocean someday.

The bright side is you have summer all year log.....the downside is the whole thing may slide into the ocean someday.

Other Downsides are Mud Slides, Fires, and the Real House Wives of Orange County......... :hysterical:

Archived