1. 1. Would you attend?

• Yes, Definately
    • Not Interested
    • Some Interest, Not Sure
  2. 2. 2 Day, 3 Day or 4 Day Event?

• 2 Day (Saturday & Sunday)
    • 3 Day (Friday, Saturday & Sunday)
    • 4 Day (Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sun)
  3. 3. What combo of events would you like?

• Road Course, Drag Racing, Poker Run, Banquet, Car Show
    • Road Course, Poker Run, Banquet, Car Show
    • Road Course, Drag Racing, Poker Run, Car Show
    • Road Course, Poker Run, Car Show

This was posted by MMcGuirk in the 2010 Event Section.................(getting as many people to respond is very important,

that is the reason for duplicating the thread here........)

We are looking into the feasibility of putting on a Team Shelby east coast event and would like your input.

Logistics point to suburban Philadelphia. There is a wide array of lodging options and access to multiple race tracks.

We are thinking of early late Sept / Oct timing - cooler temps, more affordable lodging, better track rental fees and fall foliage.

The event agenda is definitely predicated on the number of attendees. We could do a car show and a BBQ, all the way up to a Bash like event.

Please limit your comments to the area/venue suggested......Suburban Philadelphia....

and thank you for your time.

That time period is around Tasca's fall show. Since they are the east coast mod shop, why not expand on that? Plenty of nearby lodging. Tracks are 2-3 hours away however. Lime rock and N.E. Dragway.

Thanks for the input.

We are trying to get all the venues as close as possible. Try to coordinate this many vehicles is challenge even if things are across the street.

One favor, can you verify the date of the Tasca show for me please.

Thanks again.

MM

I'm in!!!! Heck, I drove 300+ miles to go to Pittsburgh for the SAAC meet last year.

What tracks do you have in mind? The closest road courses to Philly I can think of are Thunderbolt in NJ, and VIR. For drag racing there's Atco (NJ), Englishtown (NJ), Maple Grove (PA), Cecil (MD), and probably more. If you do a road ralley, there are many great roads in Southern Chester County, Lancaster, Brandywine, etc.

Let me know if you need any help of want to brainstorm. Sounds like it would be a great event if you can pull off everything you have in mind.

Z-man

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome...... :happy feet: and remember you guys can't have any event without "yours truly" present..... :shades:

Oh yeah I almost forgot it would help to have Secondo's Shelby present and him to would be nice.... :hysterical:

Awesome...... :happy feet: and remember you guys can't have any event without "yours truly" present..... :shades:

Oh yeah I almost forgot it would help to have Secondo's Shelby present and him to would be nice.... :hysterical:

Absoulutely! It wouldn't be an official Shelby event without SS and Secondo!

-yellow pony

• 3 weeks later...

We would certainly be interested. We were at the last two SAAC conventions and would love another event. The season here in NE is too short to start with so being able to extend it out would be great.

Mike & Donna

• 7 months later...

where can i buy that edition?

We would certainly be interested. We were at the last two SAAC conventions and would love another event. The season here in NE is too short to start with so being able to extend it out would be great.

Mike & Donna

You asked for it and here it is.....check this event out....recently announced.....

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62191-east-coast-event-for-2011/

• 1 month later...

You asked for it and here it is.....check this event out....recently announced.....

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62191-east-coast-event-for-2011/

Arrrggg. :cry:

The timing could not be worse. Our KR has been chosen for the Hall of Kings at Carlisle in June. We will be getting the KR and GT ready for that show once we take them out of storage so we would not be able to make this event.

Maybe the next one.

Thanks for letting us know about the event though.

Mike

But...its not really a Shelby event....maybe someday....

We are working on making it a Team Shelby event. Just waiting for all the paperwork to be signed. I have been told it will be done by the Bash, so expect the official announcement soon after.

There really are not any "Shelby" events anymore. Even the bash is organized and run by another company. Shelby only lends their name to it. I doubt there will ever be another "Shelby" event again. SA looks to be focusing just on core parts business as evidenced by Carroll saying they will be building fewer cars and in smaller runs.

We are the same people who put on the Terlingua event and the Texas Shelby Get Together. Ask anyone who has attended one of our events how it was. Except Wicked, dont believe anything he says. :hysterical:

Arrrggg. :cry:

The timing could not be worse. Our KR has been chosen for the Hall of Kings at Carlisle in June. We will be getting the KR and GT ready for that show once we take them out of storage so we would not be able to make this event.

Maybe the next one.

Thanks for letting us know about the event though.

Mike

Mike,

So sorry that the timing doesn't work out for you.:banghead:

But you are more than welcome to bring out the GT500 or the Cobra. And even if you brought the KR or the SGT you would still have 3 weeks to get them ready for Carlisle. Just a thought.

Mike,

So sorry that the timing doesn't work out for you.:banghead:

But you are more than welcome to bring out the GT500 or the Cobra. And even if you brought the KR or the SGT you would still have 3 weeks to get them ready for Carlisle. Just a thought.

Thats what I was thinking..holy crap..how long does one need to prep a car for Carlisle?....just asking..no offence meant.

Geez, you guys are unrelenting. :finger:

Actually I was considering bringing the GT 500 even though I would have to come alone since my wife has to work the first few days of each month to close the books. She got a special waver for the Carlisle event though she still will need to dial in from time to time to finish things up. A second waver just would not be possible for her. Of course, you know that I won't hear the end of it for the months before and the months after but some things just can't be helped. :talkhand:

I won't promise anything yet but I'll see about making the politically correct entreaties to make it to the event. I may have to sleep in the camper for the following month but there are worse fates I suppose. :hysterical:

This was posted by MMcGuirk in the 2010 Event Section.................(getting as many people to respond is very important,

that is the reason for duplicating the thread here........)

We are looking into the feasibility of putting on a Team Shelby east coast event and would like your input.

Logistics point to suburban Philadelphia. There is a wide array of lodging options and access to multiple race tracks.

We are thinking of early late Sept / Oct timing - cooler temps, more affordable lodging, better track rental fees and fall foliage.

The event agenda is definitely predicated on the number of attendees. We could do a car show and a BBQ, all the way up to a Bash like event.

Please limit your comments to the area/venue suggested......Suburban Philadelphia....

and thank you for your time.

Mike,

with me working that way this year. I will be there.

Archived