TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Throttle Body Spacer

I don't know if this had been previously discussed here before, but saw an add from a parts vendor for these and wondered if for $59 and a claimed improvement of 10hp, is this worth it to add to my 08 SGT?

Second question - I'm about to purchase a 2010 Ford Expedition Limited this weekend (being delivered to dealer) and wondered if I should add that to the 5.4 in the Expedition for a small bump as well.

Any thoughts??

Thanks,

AndyGJ

I don't know if this had been previously discussed here before, but saw an add from a parts vendor for these and wondered if for $59 and a claimed improvement of 10hp, is this worth it to add to my 08 SGT?

Second question - I'm about to purchase a 2010 Ford Expedition Limited this weekend (being delivered to dealer) and wondered if I should add that to the 5.4 in the Expedition for a small bump as well.

Any thoughts??

Thanks,

AndyGJ

I installed one when upgrading my throttlebody just for the hell of it. Every bit helps !! I own a 2008 expedition, I wouldn't mess with it that much and the spacer is not worth it on there. If anything maybe a CAI and a tune. I been researching it for awhile and alot of tuners don't do it for expeditions.

I installed one when upgrading my throttlebody just for the hell of it. Every bit helps !! I own a 2008 expedition, I wouldn't mess with it that much and the spacer is not worth it on there. If anything maybe a CAI and a tune. I been researching it for awhile and alot of tuners don't do it for expeditions.

Thanks for the info.

I have been looking at CAIs for the Expedition. K&N has a unit, and I've used their upgraded simple filter swap on my Explorers & Expeditions before with slight improvements. Do you think there is a large difference between the CAI and the filter upgrade? Any CAI in particular that you would recommend?

Thanks!

AndyGJ

They are worthless on fuel injected cars, they do help atomize fuel on older carburetored engines. Don't waste your money.

Archived