TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New parts help

mustanggt500

Okay, just got off the phone with Lethal Performance, ordered a TON of new parts and toys. Tried to get ahold of JLT for some parts from them, Shelby Automotive for some more from them and a local FRPP dealer for last couple of toys there but all 3 are already closed. Stupid different time zones. SO, beings I have to wait till tomorrow morning I have a couple questions that I will put to the incredible amount of knowledge available here before I try and ask this on a phone to a random person on the other end. Besides.... need to let the bank account stop smoking and advise my boss lady at home what I just got done doing :drool:

1) I could have sworn I saw a FRPP strut tower brace for a 2010 GT500 but I cannot find the magazine now. Anyone confirm or deny this and a price and place to get it?

2) I have seen a couple different types of hood shocks/lifts to get rid of the hood bar (so getto when you think about it, really? a hood bar?) I have seen steeda and a set that JLT has on their page. Anyone have experience here in a "better" way to go and a page/location and price?

3) Clear View bra in Tacoma Washington area? Anyone have this done in this area or semi close to this area?

4) Does anyone know if SHELBY is putting out the 2010 GT500 fluid caps or not? I dont want a set that i have to "cut this" and "mod that" I want a set that is MADE for it. If not then I might just pony up for the Project 321 carbon fiber caps. They are drop dead sexy anyhow, but OMG they are expensive. Wife might beat me if i do that one.

Last is a compatability question. I want to put the JLT resinator eliminator on and the FRPP strut tower brace. Does anyone know if this will work as a pair? And with the FRPP strut tower brace, do you end up just going with bolt caps (fancy bolts basically) or is there room to still put on a strut cap to cover the entire bolt area and have the FRPP brace as well? Because if the FRPP does not work with the JLT eliminator then its going to be a choice of one over the other..... :cry:

Thanks a LOT TS members! Now if I only had a car to put all this stuff on, going to have a garage full of parts in about 5 days and nothing but Camaros parked in it and Mustang parts on the work benches. Travesty....... I think the East Coast has officialy eaten my car and spit it out in the Atlantic at this point. :rant2:

Nic

i had great luck/experience with the JLT strut brace(painted) and the intake--they look terrific and have performed well.Not so muc luck on the caps--but you can read the thread or PM me if you want--bob

Yes, I have been following that thread with curiosity. I figure that most of your strut braces are going to give you the same performance with a very little margin of difference. So with that being said, I wanted to get the FRPP one for its looks. If nobody has knowledge of this today then I will have more time to talk to SHELBY tomorrow and FRPP/JLT as well.

Nic

Okay, just got off the phone with Lethal Performance, ordered a TON of new parts and toys. Tried to get ahold of JLT for some parts from them, Shelby Automotive for some more from them and a local FRPP dealer for last couple of toys there but all 3 are already closed. Stupid different time zones. SO, beings I have to wait till tomorrow morning I have a couple questions that I will put to the incredible amount of knowledge available here before I try and ask this on a phone to a random person on the other end. Besides.... need to let the bank account stop smoking and advise my boss lady at home what I just got done doing :drool:

1) I could have sworn I saw a FRPP strut tower brace for a 2010 GT500 but I cannot find the magazine now. Anyone confirm or deny this and a price and place to get it?

2) I have seen a couple different types of hood shocks/lifts to get rid of the hood bar (so getto when you think about it, really? a hood bar?) I have seen steeda and a set that JLT has on their page. Anyone have experience here in a "better" way to go and a page/location and price?

3) Clear View bra in Tacoma Washington area? Anyone have this done in this area or semi close to this area?

4) Does anyone know if SHELBY is putting out the 2010 GT500 fluid caps or not? I dont want a set that i have to "cut this" and "mod that" I want a set that is MADE for it. If not then I might just pony up for the Project 321 carbon fiber caps. They are drop dead sexy anyhow, but OMG they are expensive. Wife might beat me if i do that one.

Last is a compatability question. I want to put the JLT resinator eliminator on and the FRPP strut tower brace. Does anyone know if this will work as a pair? And with the FRPP strut tower brace, do you end up just going with bolt caps (fancy bolts basically) or is there room to still put on a strut cap to cover the entire bolt area and have the FRPP brace as well? Because if the FRPP does not work with the JLT eliminator then its going to be a choice of one over the other..... :cry:

Thanks a LOT TS members! Now if I only had a car to put all this stuff on, going to have a garage full of parts in about 5 days and nothing but Camaros parked in it and Mustang parts on the work benches. Travesty....... I think the East Coast has officialy eaten my car and spit it out in the Atlantic at this point. :rant2:

Nic

I will make this brief:

1. That new SVT strut brace is HORRENDOUS. I went with a painted brace from JLT, looks great. Will only fit if you change the intake tube, using the JLT Carbon Fiber piece, or the Ford Racing "resonator eliminator".

2. Redline Elite's... look absolutely stock, you drill a few small holes and bolt them in.

3. cant help you on that one.

4. You can either wait for the Shelby set to come out (or watch your grass grow), or go with the Project 321 caps, expensive but OH SO GORGEOUS... I will be getting those myself when funds (or wife) allows

By the way, did you say you dont even have the car yet? You are HIGHLY INFECTED with MOD BUG, there is no known cure, sorry...

I will make this brief:

1. That new SVT strut brace is HORRENDOUS. I went with a painted brace from JLT, looks great. Will only fit if you change the intake tube, using the JLT Carbon Fiber piece, or the Ford Racing "resonator eliminator".

2. Redline Elite's... look absolutely stock, you drill a few small holes and bolt them in.

3. cant help you on that one.

4. You can either wait for the Shelby set to come out (or watch your grass grow), or go with the Project 321 caps, expensive but OH SO GORGEOUS... I will be getting those myself when funds (or wife) allows

By the way, did you say you dont even have the car yet? You are HIGHLY INFECTED with MOD BUG, there is no known cure, sorry...

Snicker yeah it is a passion of mine and I cant do anything with my 68 right now because it is still put together not tore down to the frame for me to restore yet. So this Stang is going to be my daily driving vent of fun!

I will have to look at the SVT a bit more, but the JLT brace just seems so bland...i dont know.... will have to look them over.

Will go check out those Redlines right now.

I think im going to go with the 321s because they would go awesome with the car color and the JLT eliminator. but that is a lot of cash after this big burst of mods so i will wait and see what SHELBY puts up.

Nic

Okay just bought the JLT Res eliminator and Strut brace along with the Redline Hood lifts. Last thing I need a bit of help with for this round of purchases is the strut bolts/nuts. I know there is the strut cap option, but i think i am more partial to getting dress up bolt/nuts instead. I see a set on JLT's website that are holding the yellow strut bar on the 2010 gt500 they are using for advertisement but Christy said they do not carry them. Does anyone have a link or site or thread that talk about dress up kits for the strut bolts?

Nic

Archived