TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby gt

I have a Whipple H/O. I have had nothing but problems. Numerous spark plug replacements, Two fuel pumps. Numerous wrench lights and engine lights.

I have my throttle body sensor replaced. My car still is not running correct. Has a miss when warming up. I can hear it. I have no more warranty. I have 12 lbs of boost.

I was told my a mod shop 12 lbs is too much. The dealer installed this unit. Not a mod shop. Maybe thats my problem. Anyone else having issues?

thanks

Repaired. Would you believe the dealership would not even warranty a throttle body. A 300.00 part. Sad to see they did not fix it. I had too.

All repaired now. Some Ford dealerships do NOT honor warranties. !!!

I have a Whipple H/O. I have had nothing but problems. Numerous spark plug replacements, Two fuel pumps. Numerous wrench lights and engine lights.

I have my throttle body sensor replaced. My car still is not running correct. Has a miss when warming up. I can hear it. I have no more warranty. I have 12 lbs of boost.

I was told my a mod shop 12 lbs is too much. The dealer installed this unit. Not a mod shop. Maybe thats my problem. Anyone else having issues?

thanks

Mine runs great! Mine was also done by Tasca where I was told 10PSI is the Max you should be running for our 3V 4.6L engines........

Three ways to turn your mill into melted, aluminum rubbish after adding a supercharger to the 4.6L is: too much boost (past 10/11 lbs boost), too lean air/fuel ratio, and over-revving the motor (6200 rpm max.)

Now, you might get away with over-doing one, or two of the three, but do it consistently and the 4.6L will not be happy for long. Some guys like pushing it to the edge and that's when they get in trouble with the stock engine. The 4.6L is a very reliable engine, as long as you remain within the parameters noted.

Although it's hard to tell what's going on with your engine, I would find a qualified mod shop/engine tuner that is thoroughly familiar with the engine and supercharger kit installed in the car.

Mine runs fantastic!!!!!!!

Take it back to where it was installed, you are the first I have heard with these kind of issues with the Whipple.

Thanks for your input. It was installed by a dealership so I could get a warranty. It was put on at 3,200 miles. I now have 8,300 miles.

It has NEVER run correct. The dealership is clueless for sure. My last invoice said " Customer may have future related issues not seen at this time". WOW

Thanks

I had an issue with my Whipple install and both Ford Racing and Whipple were very helpful.

Based on my experience, I would make sure your install is the standard HO kit. If you have a custom tune or a smaller pulley (the size is printed on the front of the pulley and 3.5" is correct for the HO), change them back to what came with the HO kit. Second, call up Ford Racing and verify you have the correct tune for your car. You will need to hookup your Ford Racing tuner and read your calibration and also verify the version of your car's computer. The Ford Racing tech can walk you through this. If you're still having problems and the tune is correct, find another shop to look at it. It sounds like your dealer does not have a lot of experience with supercharger installs? Finally, Whipple and Ford Racing will work with you on this. In my case, I ended up sending Whipple my supercharger and it was bench tested and rebuilt under the Whipple warranty.

I had an issue with my Whipple install and both Ford Racing and Whipple were very helpful.

Based on my experience, I would make sure your install is the standard HO kit. If you have a custom tune or a smaller pulley (the size is printed on the front of the pulley and 3.5" is correct for the HO), change them back to what came with the HO kit. Second, call up Ford Racing and verify you have the correct tune for your car. You will need to hookup your Ford Racing tuner and read your calibration and also verify the version of your car's computer. The Ford Racing tech can walk you through this. If you're still having problems and the tune is correct, find another shop to look at it. It sounds like your dealer does not have a lot of experience with supercharger installs? Finally, Whipple and Ford Racing will work with you on this. In my case, I ended up sending Whipple my supercharger and it was bench tested and rebuilt under the Whipple warranty.

Thanks for all you help on my issue. My pulley is 3.250. It came stock with my supercharger. I have not changed it. I wonder why Ford

Racing is selling units with 12lbs of boost when it is way too much for this motor. I will be taking it to a mod shop soon for repairs.

• 1 month later...

Archived